Windows 10: Windows Explorer Search View

Discus and support Windows Explorer Search View in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I want to change the View in Windows Explorer search results. I found How to Customize Default Search Views on Windows 10 - Appuals.com but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Erhy, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Erhy Win User

Windows Explorer Search View

Hello!
    I want to change the View in Windows Explorer search results.
    I found How to Customize Default Search Views on Windows 10 - Appuals.com
    but cannot understand the instructions exactly.

It would also helpful for me if I would have a shortcut key
    to switch to "Details" and change the columns to "File Extension" and "Folder Path".

Thanks for help

:)

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Windows Explorer Search View

Windows Explorer View - change default

Hi,

In order for you to change the view of Windows Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • Select the View Tab.
    • Click List.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows Explorer Search View

1. Windows Explorer Search View - Similar Threads - Explorer Search View

2. Windows 10 File Explorer search : how to persist view settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer search : how to persist view settings: Hi, How should I persist my view settings in the "search tools" tab in file explorer ? I hit CTRL-F and then search for something. I then change the View de Details, add the "Path" column, reorder, sort, whatever. I want to be able to have this view whenever I search for...
  3. File Explorer - search view WIN10

File Explorer - search view WIN10: Hi , i have problem started a week ago in file explorer its should be when im start type in bar show result autimatic without "enter" key when u type when u delete keys that how its should be only in file explorer...
  4. How to view the search box in windows 10 explorer folders

How to view the search box in windows 10 explorer folders: This pertains to the W10 Explorer folder notthe taskbar. Ever since I bought my W10 computer, I've had trouble viewing the search box on an open folder. The url box takes up the entire width of the page and cuts off the search box. In short, all I can see in the search...
  5. Issue with file explorer search results content view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with file explorer search results content view: I have an issue with the Windows search function. When I searched for file contents on a local machine, and go to the contents view I can see the preview of the content in the search result like so; [ATTACH] but when I try this on a network drive, the content preview is...
  6. Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer

in Cortana
    Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer: Results show up in "Content" view by default, which is annoying for me and quite a few folks. To set the default view to "Details", add this registry key and values in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\...
  7. make change to default windows 10 file explorer search view

make change to default windows 10 file explorer search view: Is there a way to set the default view for the search results in file explorer without having to change it every time I use it? I would like to have the default view for the search results be "large icons" and not have to change it manually every time I use the search...
  8. How can I set a default Windows explorer search view ?

How can I set a default Windows explorer search view ?: Hello, I'm posting this message because I've tried many solutions. I have Windows 10. When searching in the explorer windows, or from the "see more" in the windows bar search, the view (icon size, sort by and group by) is not as I would like it to be, and I can't change it....
  9. Trying to customize taskbar search & Folder Explorer (Default view)

Trying to customize taskbar search & Folder Explorer (Default view): I have a large number of research articles on my laptop (via dropbox). One thing I loved about Windows 7 was that I could just hit the Start button, type a keyword into the search box and a results window would pop up that listed every matching document on my computer. I was...
  10. Windows Explorer Views

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Views: Is there anyway to set up the views of a folder in Windows Explorer so that the view of one folder will be different than the view of another folder. I have shortcuts to folders on my desktop. If the folder shortcut is to a particular folder, I want the view Navigation...