Windows 10: Windows Explorer: Selecting Folder Scroll Jump

Discus and support Windows Explorer: Selecting Folder Scroll Jump in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'll do my best to describe this. Lots of times (not always) when I select a folder in the tree in the left panel, the tree will "jump"/ "auto-scroll"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Candoo, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Candoo Win User

Windows Explorer: Selecting Folder Scroll Jump

I'll do my best to describe this. Lots of times (not always) when I select a folder in the tree in the left panel, the tree will "jump"/ "auto-scroll" to another location in the tree, so that the original folder I was trying to click isn't even visible because it's farther down in the tree. It's really annoying. Is there a setting to change this behavior ?

:)

Candoo, Dec 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Deluneth Win User
    Scroll bar keeps resetting in Windows File Explorer.

For some reason, when I'm browsing a long list of files, if I stop moving my scroll wheel for a few seconds, the scroll bar in the file explorer jumps back up to the very top. Which is annoying when I'm browsing a folder that has hundreds of files in it.
    This only happens in the file explorer. Any suggestions?

Deluneth, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Berton Win User

Horizontal Scroll Jump

Agreed, have seen in the List Mode that the focus moves the view left to right or back depending on where the click occurred. The other Modes are straight-away lists of Folder then files with the vertical scroll bar, no horizontal scroll bar.

Berton, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer: Selecting Folder Scroll Jump - Similar Threads - Explorer Selecting Folder

2. Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping: I have looked at this question posed before and I tried two different solutions. I do not have a color change set in Settings, and I tried the Safe Mode and reset method. Nothings works. What is the solution, please?...
  3. Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping: I have looked at this question posed before and I tried two different solutions. I do not have a color change set in Settings, and I tried the Safe Mode and reset method. Nothings works. What is the solution, please?...
  4. Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling: When I scroll my mouse it will jump the opposite way and it can be a little to a large amount. I am using a windows 11 laptop with a wireless mouse but I tried this with a wired mouse on a different usb port and the issue was the same. I have also tried updating the drivers...
  6. File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10: When I am browsing files and folders in File Explorer, The user is scrolling down in a folder/directory and suddenly File Explorer jumps or scrolls to the top of the folder automatically. It is frustrating if I am selecting multiple files/folders, renaming a file/folder, once...
  7. Scrolling and jumping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrolling and jumping: I have problems with my screen on the internet. It scrolls erratically, jumping around. It jumps back and forth to pages elsewhere in the history. And it jumps between open tabs. And in long documents it scrolls slowly, if at all. This is largely when using touch to operate....
  8. Horizontal Scroll Jump

in Windows 10 Support
    Horizontal Scroll Jump: Has there been any progress in fixing Windows 10 way of auto scrolling to the right/jumping to the left in a folder when you try to select a file with the mouse? 110558
  9. file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top: Hi Shawn. Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think...
  10. Windows 10 Explorer scroll bar jumps

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Explorer scroll bar jumps: Dont know if anyone else has this problem but every time i go to rename a folder in explorer it keeps jumping to the top, very annoying. I researched thru google and someone mentioned to go to Personalization, Color then choose Automatic pick an accent color from my...