Windows 10: Windows Explorer showing invalid Local Drive

Discus and support Windows Explorer showing invalid Local Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently Windows explorer is showing a new drive. When I click on it, it is not existent. I read other questions and saw information about using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sfeinst, Jan 6, 2021.

1. sfeinst Win User

Windows Explorer showing invalid Local Drive

Recently Windows explorer is showing a new drive. When I click on it, it is not existent. I read other questions and saw information about using diskpart and disk management. I tried both running as administrator. In both cases, the new drive letter does not appear so I can't follow the instructions to remove it.

I logged in as another user and the drive letter is not there. Only for one user.

When I connect a USB drive it won't use that drive letter. I'm guessing its related to my user profile but no idea how to clear it.

:)

sfeinst, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 6, 2021
  3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Windows Explorer showing invalid Local Drive

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer showing invalid Local Drive

1. Windows Explorer showing invalid Local Drive - Similar Threads - Explorer showing invalid

2. invalid drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    invalid drive: So im trying to download epic game launcher but it says invalid drive F, which is the drive it used to be downloaded on, but that drive is no longer in the PC. I currently only have one drive which is C how can i fix this? I don't want to change the letter of my current...
  3. invalid drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    invalid drive: So im trying to download epic game launcher but it says invalid drive F, which is the drive it used to be downloaded on, but that drive is no longer in the PC. I currently only have one drive which is C how can i fix this? I don't want to change the letter of my current...
  4. invalid drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ghost drives showing in windows explorer

Ghost drives showing in windows explorer: I have 2 "Removable Disk" drives showing in windows explorer that do not exist. They persist through shutdown and restarts. I have not been able to find any way to get rid of them. If I try opening them I get the following error: Location is not available F:\ is unavailable....
  6. Ghost drives showing in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost drives showing in windows explorer: I have 2 "Removable Disk" drives showing in windows explorer that do not exist. They persist through shutdown and restarts. I have not been able to find any way to get rid of them. If I try opening them I get the following error: Location is not available F:\ is unavailable....
  7. Ghost drives showing in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Drive not showing in Windows Explorer

Drive not showing in Windows Explorer: OK...If I insert a USB drive into my computer... Disk Management shows a drive with a drive letter Disk Management shows a healthy partition on the drive I get the insertion sound Bit Defender says the drive is Ok. However, Drive F never shows up in Windows Explorer....
  9. Local drive shows up as removeable in explorer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local drive shows up as removeable in explorer?: Not a huge issue by any means but I was just wondering why this started happening.[ATTACH] A you can see D: shows up twice as if it was removable even though its recognized as local in properties and sata hot swap isnt turned on in the uefi. The only thing I found that...
  10. Thumbnails not showing on network drive but on local drives.

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not showing on network drive but on local drives.: Hello, I have a strange problem. I just finished my new rig and installed win 10 pro. I also have the latest version and all the updates. When I go to my NAS the explorer doesn't show thumbnails anymore(gif,png,jpg etc.). On my local drives, they are showing. I already...