Windows 10: Windows Explorer Slow. How to debug maybe?

Discus and support Windows Explorer Slow. How to debug maybe? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, somehow this thread is exactly describing my issue:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Crazygamer0872, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Windows Explorer Slow. How to debug maybe?

Hi, somehow this thread is exactly describing my issue:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/windows-10-file-explorer-opens-slow/d6f773f9-3d94-496b-897d-face8ff924af?auth=1

So basically my entire explorer.exe is lagging.

It feels like it is really heavy to the system.

It doesn't matter if I reset the index, the pc, or anything else it is just unresponsive and slow.

On the Thread I posted above they are 2 videos describing exactly how this is behaving except on my system it is worse.

This behavior is weird because I am running my system on an i7 with an m.2 SSD almost 3000mbs read/write and 32GB ddr4 ram

One thing that is worth mentioning is that if I create a new user and log in to it. Everything works fine.

There must be something with the user data on my user.

I did some research some time ago but I did not found anything.

So what I want is to know how the explorer.exe is starting. Is there any place I can see the logs or can I debug the explorer.exe?

I want to go more advanced on this topic because nobody can fix this.

Anyway, I am not expecting to get a solution here but want a way to analyze this kind of behavior.

So any tips?

regards Nuri

:)

Crazygamer0872, Dec 12, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Windows Explorer Slow. How to debug maybe? :p

Frick, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows Explorer Slow. How to debug maybe?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows Explorer Slow. How to debug maybe?

1. Windows Explorer Slow. How to debug maybe? - Similar Threads - Explorer Slow debug

2. Problem maybe with Windows Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem maybe with Windows Explorer.: I have several problems with my Laptop. They are - The 'Search Box' in 'Computer' doesn't work. When I type in a Search and press Enter, nothing happens...The 'Search Box' for other Folders works fine.When I right-click on any Folder and click 'Restore previous versions', I...
  3. Problem maybe with Windows Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem maybe with Windows Explorer.: I have several problems with my Laptop. They are - The 'Search Box' in 'Computer' doesn't work. When I type in a Search and press Enter, nothing happens...The 'Search Box' for other Folders works fine.When I right-click on any Folder and click 'Restore previous versions', I...
  4. File explorer or maybe disk c?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer or maybe disk c?: This morning my computer's screen froze up, so I had to turn it off. After starting it again I found out that the file explorer wasn't showing the icons and folders on the left menu and I even checked the navigation panel to be checked, also the icons of folders appear black,...
  5. Slow/unresponsive explorer search bar/save as and maybe some other stuff.

in Cortana
    Slow/unresponsive explorer search bar/save as and maybe some other stuff.: A few months ago I started having an annoying problem with Windows 10. Usually when I click in the Explorer search bar it will take about 10 seconds to register the click and respond by opening the history panel and creating a cursor there. Until then, it does literally...
  6. How do I debug Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I debug Windows?: Sometimes my PC does some weird stuff. Specifically, nearly every day I have to kill and restart explorer.exe, as my start bar just stops working after i've done some combination of locking my pc, turning off my screens and then log back in. I work as a Software Engineer,...
  7. Windows Explorer slow

Windows Explorer slow: Hello, so, my windows explorer search bar is really slow. I have a folder with 300 videos, and only want to search for a specific title, but the search doesn't conclude, the green bar moves and stops at 99%, then nothing happens. When I tried opening the indexing thing under...
  8. Windows Explorer slow

Windows Explorer slow: I'm experiencing problems with explorer on version 1809 build 18312.1001. The explorer is generally slow, if I try to open certain folders it will take a few minutes. If I try to move files it'll take a several minutes. Searches in folders are even slower. This problem have...
  9. Slow Boot debugging advice

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Boot debugging advice: Hello, since I've installed win10 I notice a Slow cold boot (restart) compared to my old win8.1. I'm talking of a fresh CLEAN installation, so no bloatware printer drivers or other stuff. I'm trying to debug the issue and recorded LOGS from my clean install boot, both...
  10. Win10 SLOW BOOT debugging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 SLOW BOOT debugging: Hello, since I've installed win10 I notice a Slow cold boot (restart) compared to my old win8.1. I'm talking of a fresh CLEAN installation, so no bloatware printer drivers or other stuff. I'm trying to debug the issue and recorded LOGS from my clean install boot, both...