Windows 10: Windows Explorer Sluggish?

Discus and support Windows Explorer Sluggish? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have this issue that's an everyday thing where sometimes when I right click my taskbar icons and no options except "file explorer" and "unpin from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anthony Quinn, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Windows Explorer Sluggish?

I have this issue that's an everyday thing where sometimes when I right click my taskbar icons and no options except "file explorer" and "unpin from taskbar" pop up even though I have history and quick access pins I use daily. Sometimes it's just missing the menu extra options.

Then another issue that's been quite annoying lately is new folders created and named just stay "New Folder" until the viewed folder is refreshed and then it updates name, but if you try to click on it before refresh it says " is not available or doesn't exist." Same thing happens with deletes, I will delete an item and it will persist and I'll go to delete the item again thinking I pressed the wrong key and it will refresh the windows explorer and say "is not available doesn't exist" etc.

This is my work engineering pc and this happens sometimes even will all major applications off and closed out from operating in the background. Only way to fix it is to restart windows explorer from the task manager.

PC Specs

Intel Xeon E-2274G 4Ghz

Nvidia Quadro P2000

Samsung PM981 NVMw 256gb OS/SWx

WD Blue 500GB WD5000AZLX Apps/Storage

16GB RAM

Win 10 Pro

Version 2004

OS Build 19041.572

Windows Feature Exp Pack 120.2212.31.0

Thanks!

:)

Anthony Quinn, Oct 26, 2020

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2020
  4. mixa Win User

Windows Explorer Sluggish?

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows Explorer Sluggish? wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

Windows Explorer Sluggish?

1. Windows Explorer Sluggish? - Similar Threads - Explorer Sluggish

2. Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue: Since today i have an issue with the file explorer.Whenever i click something be it folder or any files its even worse with folder and even happens on empty folders for 2-3 seconds theres a constant swapping of loading circle to my mouse cursor until the file is officially...
  3. Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue: Since today i have an issue with the file explorer.Whenever i click something be it folder or any files its even worse with folder and even happens on empty folders for 2-3 seconds theres a constant swapping of loading circle to my mouse cursor until the file is officially...
  4. Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Explorer increasingly sluggish in synced locations in Win 11 with increasing no of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer increasingly sluggish in synced locations in Win 11 with increasing no of...: I've done some testing and opening folders in OneDrive / SharePoint locations in Windows Explorer is increasingly laggy as your amount of synced items increases. See link below. This was not an issue on Windows 10!...
  6. Windows Explorer increasingly sluggish in synced locations in Win 11 with increasing no of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer increasingly sluggish in synced locations in Win 11 with increasing no of...: I've done some testing and opening folders in OneDrive / SharePoint locations in Windows Explorer is increasingly laggy as your amount of synced items increases. See link below. This was not an issue on Windows 10!...
  7. File Explorer sluggish opening from apps

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer sluggish opening from apps: Win10 v21H1 build 19043.1165. File Explorer works fine in all situations except when opened from an app to select a file or files, or a location and name to save. 15-20 seconds for it to start up. Drives me crazy. The smaller window for selecting a directory works fine...
  8. Sluggish scroll in file explorer *only* when using two-finger gesture on the trackpad,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sluggish scroll in file explorer *only* when using two-finger gesture on the trackpad,...: [ATTACH] Anyone has experienced this? Any suggestions? This doesn't happen in any other application (or even in the right pane of file explorer!). It's a very specific bug (maybe related to my laptop - Acer ConceptD). It makes scrolling through folders very slow. When...
  9. File Explorer really sluggish and weird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer really sluggish and weird: About 4-5 months ago I started to notice after an update that file explorer started to act really weird it got sluggish and folders would not show the little preview thumbnails and file would just come up as white squares with no thumbnail or associated programs icon and the...
  10. Sluggish Explorer when opening zip "compressed folders"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sluggish Explorer when opening zip "compressed folders": I'm having this persisting issue where Explorer becomes very slow when I open a zip file with it. It's been going on for some time now. Memory usage of the Explorer process stays normal, and CPU doesn't spike. Still it has even gotten so bad that Explorer crashed altogether....