Windows 10: Windows Explorer sometimes issues a read for offline files.

Discus and support Windows Explorer sometimes issues a read for offline files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On Windows 10 Desktop Enterprise edition, if we refresh Windows explorer couple of times for folders with offline files, randomly a read is issued.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Yogita Naik, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Windows Explorer sometimes issues a read for offline files.

On Windows 10 Desktop Enterprise edition, if we refresh Windows explorer couple of times for folders with offline files, randomly a read is issued.

Because of the read action, the offline files are getting downloaded.

The expected behaviour is Windows explorer should always honour the offline bit of the file attributes, and never issue a read for such files.

:)

Yogita Naik, Mar 14, 2019

2. file explorer and reading list on windows 10

Hi Colinus,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you faced. We certainly help you with this issue. I want to inform you it is temporary issue it will short out immediately there is no need to go back in previous operating system.
    I need more information about this issue so that I can assist you better.

1. Are you referring to reading list app?

If you are using reading list app so I would suggest you to run windows app troubleshooter to fix issue.

Follow the below steps.

• Go to control panel and select troubleshooting then in top left corner of your screen select view all.

• Click on windows store app and click on it and run it.
    I want to inform you. You can sort, group, and arrange items in a folder or library view by an added column (detail) in ascending or descending order in windows 10 file explorer.

for more information follow the link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/files-folders-windows-explorer

Note: It is also applicable for windows 10 as well.

Try these steps and let us know the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Windows Explorer sometimes issues a read for offline files. :p

Frick, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Windows Explorer sometimes issues a read for offline files.

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows Explorer sometimes issues a read for offline files.

1. Windows Explorer sometimes issues a read for offline files. - Similar Threads - Explorer sometimes issues

2. Offline File Sync Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Offline File Sync Issues: Hello all,All of our users have their Desktop and Documents folders mapped to our file server. Sync Center recognizes this and creates offline copies of these folders' contents.Well now we have one site that is having issues. When user's log into their PCs they will only see...
  3. Offline File Sync Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Offline File Sync Issues: Hello all,All of our users have their Desktop and Documents folders mapped to our file server. Sync Center recognizes this and creates offline copies of these folders' contents.Well now we have one site that is having issues. When user's log into their PCs they will only see...
  4. Offline File Sync Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. printer reads offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer reads offline: My wireless brother printer doesn't give me a hardcopy. It reads it is offline. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-reads-offline/f054fe42-5b35-4ee8-99d7-757fe59d38d8
  6. File Explorer Freezes Sometimes

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Freezes Sometimes: Hello,Yesterday (24-Jan-2020) installed update KB4534321.Today I noticed that sometimes windows file explorer freezes.Tried to close its window in the taskbar, once it worked, reopened, it was frozen. Rebooted computer, now it works.Does this update causing the trouble or...
  7. windows 10 offline files issue

windows 10 offline files issue: Hello, I have a couple of laptops that are exhibiting strange behaviors with offline folders. One is 1903, the other is 1909. When making the network home directory to be available offline, the laptop doesn't sync the entire folder. also, some folders/files in the home...
  8. Offline Files issue Windows 10

Offline Files issue Windows 10: Good day, We have come across a issue with offline files and is hoping some has experienced the same issue that has a solution. Everything was working fine until the user ran a ms update last week. Offline files is setup correctly and is syncing fine but when the user goes...
  9. Syncing issue with offline files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing issue with offline files: I turned on the option "Always available offline" for the network folder. However when I turned it off, several files that I could see before do not come up....
  10. If you are having issues with "FILE EXPLORER" in WINDOWS 10...READ!

in Windows 10 Support
    If you are having issues with "FILE EXPLORER" in WINDOWS 10...READ!: It has taken me four days to solve the disappearing "File Explorer" issue in Windows 10, with absolutely NO HELP from Windows or Microsoft! If your files have suddenly disappeared and file explorer icon does nothing except makes your screen blink and come back....PLEASE DO...