Windows 10: Windows explorer sorting in REVERSE alphabetical order.

Discus and support Windows explorer sorting in REVERSE alphabetical order. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For a few days I can't remember when I last restarted or updated my PC, my file explorer has been sorting the contents of my folders wrong. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Campbell180, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Windows explorer sorting in REVERSE alphabetical order.

For a few days I can't remember when I last restarted or updated my PC, my file explorer has been sorting the contents of my folders wrong. It correctly places files before folders when I sort by NAME>Descending, but the file and folder names are in reverse alphabetical order.

I have reset my view settings and swapped from Ascending to Descending multiple times. I have shut down and restarted my PC, but nothing I have done so far has impacted this problem.

Any advice on how I would fix this? I don't want to have to think in backwards alphabetical whenever I use file explorer, and I don't want to use NAME>descending as it affects other

Below is a screenshot of my school folder file structure there is no personal information in any of the names.

Windows explorer sorting in REVERSE alphabetical order. f1a38f20-97ef-4d6e-8ef1-d1fe63e48585?upload=true.png

:)

Campbell180, Mar 15, 2020

2. REVERSE alphabetical order

I have obviously hit some key by mistake and now all my files are listed in REVERSE alphabetical order. What key did I hit and how do I get back?

LynnPribus, Mar 15, 2020
  3. REVERSE alphabetical order

That WINDOWS + E shows me a lot more than I want to see!

When I go to Documents, I get a list which first shows folders (in reverse order). If I click on the folder I want, I get a list of files (in reverse order).

I'm almost 80 and I've probably just hit one wrong key. I have never seen that File Explorer screen and it makes me very nervous. I'm not inclined to fiddle with it.

No clue how to do a screen shot.

Thanks,

Lynn in Charlottesville where it snowed 4 inches yesterday and will be 62 today.

LynnPribus, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Windows explorer sorting in REVERSE alphabetical order.

REVERSE alphabetical order

Press Windows Key+E to invoke File Explorer.

Where you are seeing therm in reverse order? Is it not in File Explorer? Can you post a screenshot?

Vijay_Verma, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows explorer sorting in REVERSE alphabetical order.

1. Windows explorer sorting in REVERSE alphabetical order. - Similar Threads - explorer sorting REVERSE

2. Change the alphabetical order for sorting folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the alphabetical order for sorting folders: Hi y'allIs it possible to change the alphabetical order a folder is sorted?Currently it sorts like:ABCD etc.What I need is a way to change the order like:DABC etc. If it isn't possible natively, could it be done by a custom desktop.ini file? Or would I need another file...
  3. Change the alphabetical order for sorting folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the alphabetical order for sorting folders: Hi y'allIs it possible to change the alphabetical order a folder is sorted?Currently it sorts like:ABCD etc.What I need is a way to change the order like:DABC etc. If it isn't possible natively, could it be done by a custom desktop.ini file? Or would I need another file...
  4. How to sort installed audio device by alphabetical order?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to sort installed audio device by alphabetical order?: Hello, i am using Windows10 21H2. Due to my work, i have some virtual audio device and also physical video capture card. Total in Windows, there are 8-10 different audio playback device. I wonder if there is any way to sort them to be proper alphabetical order? Beside the...
  5. How to sort installed audio device by alphabetical order?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sort installed audio device by alphabetical order?: Hello, i am using Windows10 21H2. Due to my work, i have some virtual audio device and also physical video capture card. Total in Windows, there are 8-10 different audio playback device. I wonder if there is any way to sort them to be proper alphabetical order? Beside the...
  6. How to sort installed audio device by alphabetical order?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File Explorer Sort Order

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Sort Order: Question regarding sort order for File Explorer in Windows 10: The sort order changes with updates at times. My sort order preference is to show file folders alphabetically first and then files sorted either by date modified or alphabetically, depending on the search. What's...
  8. How do I sort favorites in alphabetical order?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I sort favorites in alphabetical order?: It appears that the new version of Microsoft Edge does not support the option of sorting favorites in alphabetical order. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-sort-favorites-in-alphabetical-order/5eb48b71-063b-4c06-a91e-9d77f54d8ca3
  9. REVERSE alphabetical order

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    REVERSE alphabetical order: I have obviously hit some key by mistake and now all my files are listed in REVERSE alphabetical order. What key did I hit and how do I get back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reverse-alphabetical-order/55287b16-0c81-4ad4-9f28-82ead3c88328"
  10. Explorer sort order puzzle

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer sort order puzzle: Hopefully my question is clear from the following illustration. In short, I cannot understand why my files and subfolders are not getting sorted into the logical order I expect. Pretty sure thet were correct under my previous XP PC. All folders should come first. And several...