Windows 10: Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive

Discus and support Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ever since the latest update I can't seem to make half of my Windows' features work remotely properly.Typing in the startup screen to search my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Fivda, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Fivda Win User

Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive

Ever since the latest update I can't seem to make half of my Windows' features work remotely properly.Typing in the startup screen to search my computer does literally nothing. Even with the search button on my toolbar, it just displays a blank window for a second before immediately shutting down, and then nothing happens when I click on it.Same thing for the search zone.Same thing for the new news broadcast thing in the toolbar. It also displays weirdly and blurry. Whether it's activated or not does not change any of my problems. Windows Explorer search function is broken. I can't search mo

:)

Fivda, Jun 13, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. D. Joe Win User
    Taskbar search

Did not do anything to help. The search in File Explorer works fine. The first and last screen shot shows a search leading to no results but the file explorer finds them just fine. The last one shows my indexing options.

Thank you

PS: can't get the screenshots to upload....

D. Joe, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive - Similar Threads - Explorer Startup Menu

2. Taskbar and all of windows unresponsive on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and all of windows unresponsive on startup: So when I log into windows everything is fine until I log in. The task bar has a loading icon on it and nothing opens or loads. If I try and press buttons on the task bar my screens both urn black and I’m stuck there however the mouse cursor is still visible. Been trying to...
  3. Taskbar and all of windows unresponsive on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar and all of windows unresponsive on startup: So when I log into windows everything is fine until I log in. The task bar has a loading icon on it and nothing opens or loads. If I try and press buttons on the task bar my screens both urn black and I’m stuck there however the mouse cursor is still visible. Been trying to...
  4. Taskbar and all of windows unresponsive on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Taskbar and Start menu search unresponsive to any clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and Start menu search unresponsive to any clicks: Greetings,Starting at least a few weeks now, I find my taskbar completely unresponsive to any type of clicks. It also happens in some other UI elements, like certain dialog boxes and in the Start menu after typing a search query.I've tried many of the proposed solutions I...
  6. Taskbar and Start menu search unresponsive to any clicks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar and Start menu search unresponsive to any clicks: Greetings,Starting at least a few weeks now, I find my taskbar completely unresponsive to any type of clicks. It also happens in some other UI elements, like certain dialog boxes and in the Start menu after typing a search query.I've tried many of the proposed solutions I...
  7. taskbar windows apps and start menu unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar windows apps and start menu unresponsive: my taskbar settings and other task bar utility like start menu button wi-fi volume etc are not responding I tried sfc /scannowDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthGet-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  8. taskbar windows apps and start menu unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar windows apps and start menu unresponsive: my taskbar settings and other task bar utility like start menu button wi-fi volume etc are not responding I tried sfc /scannowDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthGet-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  9. Windows Explorer & Startup Search Unresponsive

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer & Startup Search Unresponsive: Ever since update KB5003173 I can't seem to make the Windows explorer search system work -at all-.Typing in the startup screen to search my computer does literally nothing. No textbox, no nothing.Even with the search button on my toolbar, it just displays a blank window for a...
  10. Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive: Ever since the latest update KB5003173 I can't seem to make half of my Windows' features work remotely properly.Typing in the startup screen to search my computer does literally nothing.Even with the search button on my toolbar, it just displays a blank window for a second...