Windows 10: Windows Explorer Status column

Discus and support Windows Explorer Status column in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I just redid my system and I must have accidentally selected OneDrive as now all my files and folders seem to have double arrows in a circle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dave1776, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Dave1776 Win User

Windows Explorer Status column

Hi

I just redid my system and I must have accidentally selected OneDrive as now all my files and folders seem to have double arrows in a circle refresh icon similar to the below image

Windows Explorer Status column [​IMG]

See the below screen shot for what I mean

Windows Explorer Status column [​IMG]

How do I get rid of these arrows not just in the column as shown but also along side file and folder names of alot of my files. Just to the left of the file name.

I have turned off OneDrive in the settings and I have also change explorer settings by going into OPTIONS in VIEW and in the view tab I scroll down to where it says

ALWAYS SHOW AVAILABILITY STATUS

It was unchecked to begin with so I tried checking it then applying and then unchecking and applying and it refuses to remove the status icons and column.

I have also tried to remove the status column by right clicking the column title bar and unchecking status and it removes it but when I reopen explorer the column is right back there.

What do I need to do to get rid of this icon?

Thanks

:)

Dave1776, Apr 8, 2019
  2. Ernie San Win User

why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Explorer behaviour in the right pane - stop column jumping to the left

Hello,

Currently running applications on your PC may be one of the possible reasons why you're having this issue with your Windows Explorer. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• Which specific build and version of Windows are you using? To check, please click this
      link.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Is this happening to all files when selecting in columns?

Changing the view on your Windows Explorer may help in troubleshooting the issue. We suggest that you check this
    link, this page contains instructions on how to change the column settings in
    Windows Explorer.

Dyan Rey, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Windows Explorer Status column

File Explorer Column Headings Keep Resetting

Hi,

To resolve the issue with File Explorer Column Headings, you may follow these steps below:

• Click on View Tab.

• Click
      Folder
      Options.

• Click
      Apply to all folders.

Keep us informed for further assistance.

Regards.

Joseph Ban, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows Explorer Status column

1. Windows Explorer Status column - Similar Threads - Explorer Status column

2. How can I remove the Status column from file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the Status column from file explorer?: I need to remove the status column as I no longer have my PC linked to a One Drive account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-the-status-column-from-file/0799a53a-de0f-48b3-912f-eeec4a3ef849
  3. How can I remove the Status column from file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove the Status column from file explorer?: I need to remove the status column as I no longer have my PC linked to a One Drive account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-the-status-column-from-file/0799a53a-de0f-48b3-912f-eeec4a3ef849
  4. File Explorer - Status column problem

File Explorer - Status column problem: Hi all,In File Explorer on my Windows 11 laptop, the Status column is often missing or empty when I'm viewing folders that are synced to OneDrive. In other words, sometimes the column including its heading doesn't appear at all, and sometimes the column is there but it has no...
  5. File Explorer - Status column problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - Status column problem: Hi all,In File Explorer on my Windows 11 laptop, the Status column is often missing or empty when I'm viewing folders that are synced to OneDrive. In other words, sometimes the column including its heading doesn't appear at all, and sometimes the column is there but it has no...
  6. Columns in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Columns in Windows Explorer: In the "good ol' days" Windows Explorer used to offer columns for date, size and type. That was exactly what I needed. Now, Windows guesses what information I want to see, so my music folders show number?, title, contributing artists and album. That may be helpful for some,...
  7. Columns in Windows Explorer

Columns in Windows Explorer: In the "good ol' days" Windows Explorer used to offer columns for date, size and type. That was exactly what I needed. Now, Windows guesses what information I want to see, so my music folders show number?, title, contributing artists and album. That may be helpful for some,...
  8. how do i remove the 'status' column in windows explorer - permanently!

in Windows 10 Support
    how do i remove the 'status' column in windows explorer - permanently!: Hi Guys, i know how to adjust columns and add/remove columns in File Explorer, but when i remove the Status column via the usual method, the change in settings only lasts for that moment, meaning, if i deselect the status column, the column will reappear next time i go to...
  9. "Status" column in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Status" column in File Explorer: What is the signification of the symbols which appear in the "Status" column in File Explorer e.g. a OneDrive type "cloud", a green circle enclosing a tick etc?...
  10. "Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10: I do not need to see the "Status" column. When I open the list of available columns, I clear the checkmark from the "Status" option. When I go back in to the folder the "Status column appears again. I've tried rebooted after the change, but the column is still there. There is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network statusxplorer

2. what does a check in the checkbox to the left a file in windoes 10 windows explorer meam

3. windows status column

4. windows explorer status column