Windows 10: Windows Explorer Status column

Discus and support Windows Explorer Status column in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I just redid my system and I must have accidentally selected OneDrive as now all my files and folders seem to have double arrows in a circle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dave1776, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Dave1776 Win User

Windows Explorer Status column

Hi

I just redid my system and I must have accidentally selected OneDrive as now all my files and folders seem to have double arrows in a circle refresh icon similar to the below image

Windows Explorer Status column [​IMG]

See the below screen shot for what I mean

Windows Explorer Status column [​IMG]

How do I get rid of these arrows not just in the column as shown but also along side file and folder names of alot of my files. Just to the left of the file name.

I have turned off OneDrive in the settings and I have also change explorer settings by going into OPTIONS in VIEW and in the view tab I scroll down to where it says

ALWAYS SHOW AVAILABILITY STATUS

It was unchecked to begin with so I tried checking it then applying and then unchecking and applying and it refuses to remove the status icons and column.

I have also tried to remove the status column by right clicking the column title bar and unchecking status and it removes it but when I reopen explorer the column is right back there.

What do I need to do to get rid of this icon?

Thanks

:)

Dave1776, Apr 8, 2019
  2. Ernie San Win User

why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Explorer behaviour in the right pane - stop column jumping to the left

Hello,

Currently running applications on your PC may be one of the possible reasons why you're having this issue with your Windows Explorer. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• Which specific build and version of Windows are you using? To check, please click this
      link.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Is this happening to all files when selecting in columns?

Changing the view on your Windows Explorer may help in troubleshooting the issue. We suggest that you check this
    link, this page contains instructions on how to change the column settings in
    Windows Explorer.

Dyan Rey, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Windows Explorer Status column

File Explorer Column Headings Keep Resetting

Hi,

To resolve the issue with File Explorer Column Headings, you may follow these steps below:

• Click on View Tab.

• Click
      Folder
      Options.

• Click
      Apply to all folders.

Keep us informed for further assistance.

Regards.

Joseph Ban, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows Explorer Status column

1. Windows Explorer Status column - Similar Threads - Explorer Status column

2. Change Format of Folder Column in Windows Explorer to just <path>?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Format of Folder Column in Windows Explorer to just <path>?: Is it possible to change the default format of the Folder column in Windows Explorer? (so it's just <path to file> instead of <directory of file> in <path to directory>) Context: I'm searching a drive for all files of a given criteria (e.g. all xlsx) to verify files haven't...
  3. Windows File Explorer Column Details for Audio files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows File Explorer Column Details for Audio files: Does anyone know of a way to get bloody file explorer to show audio bit depth and frequency in details view. there seems to be no column heading for those. Can I hack/reg-add/some-other_way this? 122165
  4. Quick Access Column in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Column in File Explorer: How can I change the width of the Quick Access column in file explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/quick-access-column-in-file-explorer/eb2c6ef5-6b89-480a-af0b-7c4f879a5695
  5. Not display the "Life at a glance" and "Play and explore" columns

in Windows 10 Support
    Not display the "Life at a glance" and "Play and explore" columns: Hi In Windows 10, how I do not display the "Life at a glance" and "Play and explore" columns of the Start menu? Thanks Bye 8234
  6. Sorting Explorer columns by multiple criteria

in Windows 10 Support
    Sorting Explorer columns by multiple criteria: Hi, I used to sort files in the w10 explorer using detailed view by date and then, by left clicking on name, the directories by name. For some reason, this does not work any more. Does anyone have an idea how I can do this again, as it worked fine until recently....
  7. Customize Windows 10 File Explorer search result columns

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize Windows 10 File Explorer search result columns: How do I customize search result columns in File Explorer? For example, I would always like to see the Date Created column in all my searches. I have tried using tips for earlier Windows versions, but Windows 10 seems to have disabled the "Apply to Folders" button in the View...
  8. File Explorer Column Headings

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Column Headings: Hello, Each time I make a new folder to store there some media files such as music or video, imediantly the column headings (automaticaly) are (except the name), as follows: # , Title, Contributing Artists, Album. So I have to click on each heading to change it (except...
  9. Setting File Explorer columns - and KEEPING them

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting File Explorer columns - and KEEPING them: Having set Win 10 columns (types and positions) I’ve several times used the option to apply this to ALL. But this never seems to survive, even within a session (i.e. before a reboot). Is there a registry hack or a freeware tool that can achieve this reliably please? And can...
  10. How To Add Column To All Subfolders in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Add Column To All Subfolders in Explorer: I have a folder for all my mp3's, flac files. Tons of subfolders. Each one defaults to basic columns, Artist, Album, Title, etc. But I always want to see the type and the bit rate. How do I set this in Explorer for a folder and it's current and future subfolders? Thanks,...