Windows 10: Windows Explorer still fails

Discus and support Windows Explorer still fails in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, for about last month my Windows explorer in Windows 10 continues to fail. If I right click on the browser, it locks, or if I simply open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MelissaMcNally, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Windows Explorer still fails

Hello, for about last month my Windows explorer in Windows 10 continues to fail. If I right click on the browser, it locks, or if I simply open the video library, it also locks. It also crashes every time I try to create a new folder, and it frequently crashes every time a dialog box is opened for saving in other applications, such as Microsoft Word. I currently have Windows 10 Home version 1809 installed on my 64-bit machine. I have tried all the solutions that I have been able to find in several forums, but I have not had any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

MelissaMcNally, Sep 3, 2019

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 3, 2019
  4. mixa Win User

Windows Explorer still fails

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows Explorer still fails wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows Explorer still fails

1. Windows Explorer still fails - Similar Threads - Explorer still fails

2. All feature update failed, still on 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All feature update failed, still on 1709: Okay, time to ask the community.... I really am stuck to Windows 10 1709 x64 Last update was; Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 x64 2019-08C Failed to install on ‎26/‎08/‎2019 - 0x8024200d I always get black screen after login. I know this is a hot topic but...
  3. Insider preview Windows Update still failing.

Insider preview Windows Update still failing.: I did a repair install of my 18908 without any problems but I still get newer Insider updates just dissappearing part way through! *Confused I even went into Group Policy Editor and manually turned on updates with the download and notify option. Windows Update STILL fails at...
  4. My laptop can not update Windows 10 still failing

My laptop can not update Windows 10 still failing: Some time ago, Windows 10 stopped updating. Now he tries but gives errors. 0x80070652, 0x80246007, 0x80246013, 0x8007007e and more besides. Please, someone can advise....
  5. OneDrive still missing from Windows Explorer navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive still missing from Windows Explorer navigation pane: When I first cleaned installed Windows 10 v1809 on my machine I applied a Group Policy setting for OneDrive to Prevent the Usage of OneDrive for File Storage to ENABLED. Of course, that would remove the OneDrive from the File Explorer éaft side navigation pane. But now, I set...
  6. File explorer fails to acitvate

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer fails to acitvate: Windows File Explorer fails to activate sometimes. I am using Windows 10. This is a recent problem, started about 1 month ago. Suggestions most welcome! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-fails-to-acitvate/f20929c0-b96c-4751-aee8-c2aab3b30385
  7. Windows 10 - Still Failing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Still Failing?: I built my new computer just 3 days ago, it's using the Windows 10 x64 Pro October Update (newest, also unactivated), and today I experienced an issue. I was watching YouTube videos when suddenly Firefox closed, my other programs became unresponsive / crashed, my mouse...
  8. windows update still failing

windows update still failing: Hi all For months now am trying to update 2018-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4462919) -Error 0x80070020 I have just done a manual download and after over an hour where stated 100% installed, a message appears saying unable to...
  9. Deleted folder still appearing in File Explorer of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted folder still appearing in File Explorer of Windows 10: I downloaded a file that created a folder in File Explorer. I extracted the files in it that I needed. I then deleted the folder. When I opened the File Explorer again, the folder still appeared. When I deleted it File Explorer indicated that the folder no longer exists....
  10. Windows 10 still having problems fails upon install

Windows 10 still having problems fails upon install: Today i have tried installing windows 10 through the application and it always gets to the install part then says there was a problem windows 10 installation failed. I have been trying different things for a long time now and nothing seems to make it work. I have been trying...