Windows 10: Windows Explorer stopped responding and hang

Discus and support Windows Explorer stopped responding and hang in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎07-‎Dec-‎18 11:22 AM Status Not reported Description A problem caused this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ahmad Fuad Mohd Aini, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Windows Explorer stopped responding and hang

Source
    Windows Explorer
    Summary
    Stopped responding and was closed
    Date
    ‎07-‎Dec-‎18 11:22 AM
    Status
    Not reported
    Description
    A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
    Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1
    Application Name: explorer.exe
    Application Version: 10.0.17763.107
    Application Timestamp: 695ecd5a
    Hang Signature: 9578
    Hang Type: 134217792
    Waiting on Application Name: dllhost.exe
    Waiting on Application Version: 10.0.17763.1
    OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Hang Signature 1: 957813af16e9c7b3f039c0e6106e6630
    Additional Hang Signature 2: b43c
    Additional Hang Signature 3: b43ce2cce68691f4562aae2fbe43ebc9
    Additional Hang Signature 4: 9578
    Additional Hang Signature 5: 957813af16e9c7b3f039c0e6106e6630
    Additional Hang Signature 6: b43c
    Additional Hang Signature 7: b43ce2cce68691f4562aae2fbe43ebc9

:)

Ahmad Fuad Mohd Aini, Dec 6, 2018
  2. CuriousD Win User

Windows Explorer Stops Responding on Certain Folder

Hello. Recently, I had two instances when Windows Explorer stopped responding when I tried to access a folder. The first time, it seemed to focus on two video files and when I deleted the files, the folder was fine. The next time, I could not access the folder. I could access my back up on the NAS drive, but Windows Explorer would stop responding when I tried to access the folder on my secondary hard drive on the computer. I deleted the folder and copied the folder from the NAS drive to the secondary drive, but it yielded the same problem. I renamed the folder and I am now able to access the folder.

Do these two instances suggest a problem with my hard drive or with my current state of Windows 10?

Thanks for your input.

CuriousD, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Dec 6, 2018
  4. hellrazor Win User

Windows Explorer stopped responding and hang

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows Explorer stopped responding and hang

1. Windows Explorer stopped responding and hang - Similar Threads - Explorer stopped responding

2. weird stopped responding window

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    weird stopped responding window: recently my stopped responding window has been looking different than usual. Any ideas on what's wrong? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-stopped-responding-window/0e0a572c-d28d-48ab-8101-3997f738b1b0
  3. Explorer stops responding when browsing network share.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer stops responding when browsing network share.: I have a bunch of Windows 10 computers where explorer stops responding once I browse to a network share on a Server 2008r2 box. It seems to happen on specific folders within the share. It happens if browsing via IP, UNC or a mapped drive. Computers are all attached to a...
  4. Windows Explorer Hangs

Windows Explorer Hangs: Hi, I have a laptop at home that partially hangs when you open Windows Explorer. After booting up and logging in - when you open Windows Explorer it displays 'Quick Access' (no folders) and on the right says 'Working on it' - and then it stays like this forever. I've...
  5. "Windows has stopped responding"

"Windows has stopped responding": Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and English is not my native language so apologies in advance if I am hard to understand. I have a problem with my computer that I simply can not understand and I am completely stumped as to what might cause this. Caution, long...
  6. Windows Explorer Stops Responding on Certain Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Stops Responding on Certain Folder: Hello. Recently, I had two instances when Windows Explorer stopped responding when I tried to access a folder. The first time, it seemed to focus on two video files and when I deleted the files, the folder was fine. The next time, I could not access the folder. I could access...
  7. "Windows has stopped responding"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Windows has stopped responding": Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and English is not my native language so apologies in advance if I am hard to understand. I have a problem with my computer that I simply can not understand and I am completely stumped as to what might cause this. Caution, long...
  8. Explorer not responding/hanging when dragging video files into folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer not responding/hanging when dragging video files into folders: IIRC this is an old bug but I can't remember what the solution is, basically I download a bunch of video files (TS or MKV primarily) and then drag them into a folder where I have a muxing bat file, for some reason explorer is hanging/not responding on certain files since...
  9. Windows file explorer has stopped responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows file explorer has stopped responding: Hello all, I will be marking this as solved. The steps that I have taken is removing the file explorer Icon adding a shortcut to my documents. This will stop the library from checking for the external drive that is constantly causing this problem. -Hayden
  10. Start menu, Cortana and explorer stop responding.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, Cortana and explorer stop responding.: I upgraded to 10 from 8.1 on Friday and everything worked great. Suddenly, on the following Monday afternoon Windows began to act up. Either at the desktop or while in a game, suddenly the start menu and Cortana will stop responding. Usually shortly thereafter Explorer will...