Windows 10: Windows Explorer stopped responding and hang

Discus and support Windows Explorer stopped responding and hang in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎07-‎Dec-‎18 11:22 AM Status Not reported Description A problem caused this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ahmad Fuad Mohd Aini, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Windows Explorer stopped responding and hang

Source
    Windows Explorer
    Summary
    Stopped responding and was closed
    Date
    ‎07-‎Dec-‎18 11:22 AM
    Status
    Not reported
    Description
    A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
    Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1
    Application Name: explorer.exe
    Application Version: 10.0.17763.107
    Application Timestamp: 695ecd5a
    Hang Signature: 9578
    Hang Type: 134217792
    Waiting on Application Name: dllhost.exe
    Waiting on Application Version: 10.0.17763.1
    OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Hang Signature 1: 957813af16e9c7b3f039c0e6106e6630
    Additional Hang Signature 2: b43c
    Additional Hang Signature 3: b43ce2cce68691f4562aae2fbe43ebc9
    Additional Hang Signature 4: 9578
    Additional Hang Signature 5: 957813af16e9c7b3f039c0e6106e6630
    Additional Hang Signature 6: b43c
    Additional Hang Signature 7: b43ce2cce68691f4562aae2fbe43ebc9

:)

Ahmad Fuad Mohd Aini, Dec 6, 2018
  2. CuriousD Win User

Windows Explorer Stops Responding on Certain Folder

Hello. Recently, I had two instances when Windows Explorer stopped responding when I tried to access a folder. The first time, it seemed to focus on two video files and when I deleted the files, the folder was fine. The next time, I could not access the folder. I could access my back up on the NAS drive, but Windows Explorer would stop responding when I tried to access the folder on my secondary hard drive on the computer. I deleted the folder and copied the folder from the NAS drive to the secondary drive, but it yielded the same problem. I renamed the folder and I am now able to access the folder.

Do these two instances suggest a problem with my hard drive or with my current state of Windows 10?

Thanks for your input.

CuriousD, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Dec 6, 2018
  4. hellrazor Win User

Windows Explorer stopped responding and hang

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows Explorer stopped responding and hang

1. Windows Explorer stopped responding and hang - Similar Threads - Explorer stopped responding

2. Desktop/Windows explorer stops responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop/Windows explorer stops responding: Im experiencing an issue where after using file explorer or relocating photos/files around on my laptop, window's explorers randomly stops responding and I am forced to restart. I am running on windows 11 right now. Any help with this?...
  3. Desktop/Windows explorer stops responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop/Windows explorer stops responding: Im experiencing an issue where after using file explorer or relocating photos/files around on my laptop, window's explorers randomly stops responding and I am forced to restart. I am running on windows 11 right now. Any help with this?...
  4. windows explorer hangs and stops responding when waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer hangs and stops responding when waking from sleep mode: hi Ive been having this issue where whenever I wake my computer from sleep mode, windows explorer will hang and stop responding and the entire computer freezes and I have to hard restart it to fix the issue. Ive tried updating all drivers and even reinstalling windows 11 and...
  5. windows explorer hangs and stops responding when waking from sleep mode

windows explorer hangs and stops responding when waking from sleep mode: hi Ive been having this issue where whenever I wake my computer from sleep mode, windows explorer will hang and stop responding and the entire computer freezes and I have to hard restart it to fix the issue. Ive tried updating all drivers and even reinstalling windows 11 and...
  6. Windows Explorer stops responding freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer stops responding freezes: I'm having this problem frequently -> when I'm opening a file, the Windows Explorer window freezes.When I close the window, this has the unfortunately side effect of closing ALL of the Windows Explorer windows I have open. This is a real drag when I'm at work. I basically...
  7. Windows Explorer stops responding freezes

Windows Explorer stops responding freezes: I'm having this problem frequently -> when I'm opening a file, the Windows Explorer window freezes.When I close the window, this has the unfortunately side effect of closing ALL of the Windows Explorer windows I have open. This is a real drag when I'm at work. I basically...
  8. Windows Explorer stops responding freezes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. why windows explorer stop responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why windows explorer stop responding: explorer displays not responding and hangs. this happens when I highlight a few files or as I scroll to look for files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-explorer-stop-responding/559c8e39-d164-4abd-83ae-9028bd294661"
  10. Application Hang/Window Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Hang/Window Explorer Not Responding: Hi, Have been experiencing application hang/window explorer not responding/BDoS recently. These are the errors from event viewer. 1) Multiple COMRuntime error An unmarshaling policy check was performed when unmarshaling a custom marshaled object and the class...