Windows 10: Windows Explorer stops auto refreshing

Discus and support Windows Explorer stops auto refreshing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sometimes Windows Explorer stops auto refreshing randomly for no reason. I must press F5 everytime i made changes, quite annoying. Restarting all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MaintenanceHuge6274, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Windows Explorer stops auto refreshing

Sometimes Windows Explorer stops auto refreshing randomly for no reason. I must press F5 everytime i made changes, quite annoying. Restarting all Explorer.exe processes from task manager solved it, but the problem comes back again later

Do anyone know what caused this problem?

submitted by /u/MaintenanceHuge6274
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MaintenanceHuge6274, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Crowlord3 Win User

Windows Explorer auto-refresh on color change

I have had this problem for a while now and there is a fix for it however whenever the color of the task bar changes it auto-refreshes windows explorer so if I'm half way scrolling through a long list of songs or movies it jumps back to the top. Only fix
    I can find is to disable the feature entirely. That fix does work but I would like to know if anyone (or even a microsoft tech) has registry fix to stop this auto-refresh or maybe shred some light onto this issue and get it fixed

Crowlord3, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer: No Automatic Refresh

After a few days, File Explorer stops automatically refreshing. Operations like:

• Adding or renaming a file
    • Deleting a file
    • Adding a folder
    • Moving a file/folder
    • etc.
    complete successfully, but nothing happens visually until I manually press F5.

Some of you may realize that this question has
    been asked several
    times
    before, like this one nine
    years ago
    . I've tried every single resolution step I can find that's been suggested. The problem always returns.

I think it's time someone from Microsoft answers this question properly. Why does a well documented bug like this go this long without a fix? Can you provide a solution that works and hasn't been blindly copied and pasted multiple times?

Whimsical Seaplane, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Windows Explorer stops auto refreshing

Windows Explorer refuses to refresh Explorer

Masterchef,

I have had this problem and so have lots of other people. None of the suggested solutions I found on the internet had anything other than a temporary effect. The problem eventually went away of its own accord but still rears its ugly head from time to time. I only kept a few links on the subject -
    Desktop or Explorer does not refresh automatically in Windows
    Windows Explorer doesn't refresh by itself - Microsoft Community
    windows file list does not auto refresh-update - Microsoft Answers [Windows 7]
    Windows Explorer doesn't refresh when moving-deleting - TechNet [Windows 7]

When the problem reappears, I restart the computer. If that does not resolve matters then I accept the situation and don't waste my time chasing non-solutions. You might wish to consider adopting the same approach.

All the best,
    Denis

Try3, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer stops auto refreshing

1. Windows Explorer stops auto refreshing - Similar Threads - Explorer stops auto

2. how to disable auto refresh of explorer in Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to disable auto refresh of explorer in Windows: Hello,For the last many years I have been facing this issue. When I create a new file or move files from one folder to another, the files get automatically sorted within a few seconds. This makes it hard to find the files that I just created or copied. Most painful instance...
  3. how to disable auto refresh of explorer in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable auto refresh of explorer in Windows: Hello,For the last many years I have been facing this issue. When I create a new file or move files from one folder to another, the files get automatically sorted within a few seconds. This makes it hard to find the files that I just created or copied. Most painful instance...
  4. how to disable auto refresh of explorer in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows file explorer auto refresh not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows file explorer auto refresh not working: When I save or delete files from folders they don't appear until I manually hit F5 to see the changes. Not sure why it's not auto refreshing the folders anymore?...
  6. Windows file explorer auto refresh not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows file explorer auto refresh not working: When I save or delete files from folders they don't appear until I manually hit F5 to see the changes. Not sure why it's not auto refreshing the folders anymore?...
  7. Windows file explorer auto refresh not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. File Explorer not auto-refreshing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer not auto-refreshing: I am doing some data entry work tagging and sorting a large volume of documents, but every time I am done with a document, I need to manually refresh the folder to see it placed in its new position. While this normally would be a quick and mundane task, I need to...
  9. File Explorer not auto-refreshing

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer not auto-refreshing: I am doing some data entry work tagging and sorting a large volume of documents, but every time I am done with a document, I need to manually refresh the folder to see it placed in its new position. While this normally would be a quick and mundane task, I need to...
  10. Windows 10 auto refresh in browsers and explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 auto refresh in browsers and explorer: Since January 14, 2021, after self-updating window 10, I have noticed each time I go to type in a website address or type within a webpage text box eg form the browser will refresh itself and I have to re click on the box and type again. This is especially annoying when...