Windows 10: Windows Explorer Stops Responding when opening a file in Documents

Discus and support Windows Explorer Stops Responding when opening a file in Documents in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My friend recently backed up some files with Onedrive. The files that he has backed up are opening in the Onedrive itself but when he's trying to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hemant_Dutta, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Windows Explorer Stops Responding when opening a file in Documents

My friend recently backed up some files with Onedrive. The files that he has backed up are opening in the Onedrive itself but when he's trying to open the original files in the Documents folder, windows explorer stops responding and he has to close the folder. The same is happening in the Download folder but only sometimes! In the Documents, it's happening every time. He can open folders in the Documents but not files. He can only select files but when he tries to right click them, open them or copy them, Windows Explorer stops responding! Please Help!

submitted by /u/Hemant_Dutta
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hemant_Dutta, Jun 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Hayden93 Win User
    Windows file explorer has stopped responding

Hello all,
    I will be marking this as solved. The steps that I have taken is removing the file explorer Icon adding a shortcut to my documents. This will stop the library from checking for the external drive that is constantly causing this problem.
    -Hayden

Hayden93, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Windows Explorer Stops Responding when opening a file in Documents

file explorer not responding

My file explorer can be opened, but when I try to move files or open them it does nothing except say 'documents not responding'. How can I stop this from happening?

P.S. I do not know why this is happening.

filemaster_101, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows Explorer Stops Responding when opening a file in Documents

1. Windows Explorer Stops Responding when opening a file in Documents - Similar Threads - Explorer Stops Responding

2. Opening Folders Cause File Explorer To Stop Responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening Folders Cause File Explorer To Stop Responding.: When I try to open any folder in File Explorer, it causes it to freeze and do nothing. I usually have to close it using Task Manager. This is a new issue....
  3. Opening Folders Cause File Explorer To Stop Responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Folders Cause File Explorer To Stop Responding.: When I try to open any folder in File Explorer, it causes it to freeze and do nothing. I usually have to close it using Task Manager. This is a new issue....
  4. Windows File Explorer not responding when opening folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer not responding when opening folders.: Hello,recently last few days I've been having problems with the windows file explorer:1. In the overview on the left hand side a lot of elements don't have icons only the icon for generic files is being displayed.2. Whenever I try opening a folder the explorer stops...
  5. Windows File Explorer not responding when opening folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer not responding when opening folders.: Hello,recently last few days I've been having problems with the windows file explorer:1. In the overview on the left hand side a lot of elements don't have icons only the icon for generic files is being displayed.2. Whenever I try opening a folder the explorer stops...
  6. File explorer - stops responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer - stops responding: Hello everybody, I need your assistance please . When i launch file explorer on my Windows 10 machine, it stops responding freezes . I have tried the below troubleshooting steps without any joy. Killed the program in the task manager, tried to relaunch again Control...
  7. File Explorer stops responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer stops responding: The issue occurs when I am trying to access File Explorer using any 3rd party software. It might be Zoom, Viber or even Chrome. I have to reboot the system to start it working again...
  8. Explorer stops responding when clicking certain files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer stops responding when clicking certain files: I was going through my files doing some organization yesterday and it was going fine, but every time I even clicked on a couple specific files, explorer would freeze completely. So far they're only word files and it's the same ones every time, but it's not happening with all...
  9. File explorer unable to open word documents not responding

File explorer unable to open word documents not responding: File Explorer is unable open Word documents - not responding message and forced to end task https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-unable-to-open-word-documents-not/df30e972-dcd2-4892-9a3e-8453dadc2b50"
  10. File Explorer not responding when I try or after opening document

File Explorer not responding when I try or after opening document: Hello, I just bought a new notebook but after a week problem arise. Whenever I open document from File Explorer it became not responding. It happen when I tried and after opening document. I need to restart Explorer when I want to open document. Please help me and thank...