Windows 10: Windows Explorer suddenly unresponsive right after the update

Discus and support Windows Explorer suddenly unresponsive right after the update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've just updated my Windows KB5004945 since it's already available, but right after the update, my explorer became unresponsive, it takes minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JMEscario, Jul 9, 2021.

1. JMEscario Win User

Windows Explorer suddenly unresponsive right after the update

Hi, I've just updated my Windows KB5004945 since it's already available, but right after the update, my explorer became unresponsive, it takes minutes to load a folder, the issue includes the following:Can't access desktop folders too, including MS Office/ExcelCan't search or type using explorerCan't refresh on desktopCan't show the notification panel can click but no responseTroubleshooting done:Restart - but issue persistPlease help

:)

JMEscario, Jul 9, 2021
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jul 9, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer suddenly unresponsive right after the update - Similar Threads - Explorer suddenly unresponsive

2. PC Unresponsive after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Unresponsive after Windows Update: I updated and restarted my PC today, Jan 17 2021. After rebooting, I noticed that the task bar was not responsive - it shows the loading symbol when I put my cursor over it, and I cannot use the windows key to open either the Start menu, or use any shortcuts. I can access the...
  3. PC Unresponsive after Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Unresponsive after Windows Update: I updated and restarted my PC today, Jan 17 2021. After rebooting, I noticed that the task bar was not responsive - it shows the loading symbol when I put my cursor over it, and I cannot use the windows key to open either the Start menu, or use any shortcuts. I can access the...
  4. PC Unresponsive after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows being Unresponsive after the Update.

Windows being Unresponsive after the Update.: I updated my windows to the latest version Feb Update both on my Desktop and Laptop, but my laptop became unresponsive after this update. I am having problems with my MS Accounts, I can only use 1 of my accounts, and the settings app is crashing after some time after we go to...
  6. File Explorer becomes unresponsive after update to 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer becomes unresponsive after update to 1903: My laptop was updated to Version 1903 of Windows 10 a day or 2 ago. Now when I start File Explorer, it starts as usual but as soon as I click on anything in the Navigation Pane e.g. to open a folder or expand part of a folder tree, it becomes completely unresponsive and shows...
  7. Unresponsiveness After Update?

Unresponsiveness After Update?: This has been happening for a few days now: I believe after I've installed the April 2019 update for Windows 10, there are times where my computer will become unresponsive the first time I boot it up. By that, I mean it doesn't freeze up or anything, but whenever I click on...
  8. Windows Explorer unresponsive

Windows Explorer unresponsive: My windows explorer is frozen and I can't fix it. Everything seems to work except the explorer.exe. I tried restarting, sfc /scannow and the first 2 recommendations in this page but nothing worked...
  9. Windows Explorer Unresponsive

Windows Explorer Unresponsive: I am finding that, after an unknown period of time, Windows Explorer becomes completely unresponsive. I cannot open the Start menu or the task manager. The mouse pointer will move around the desktop area; but, the pointer is only what I believe is the cursor file for waiting....
  10. Windows Explorer unresponsiveness

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer unresponsiveness: I'm having strange Windows Explorer problems. Right clicking may cause it to freeze up, or attempting to load folders that contain certain file extensions (in particular .iso). Out of curiosity about it, I'd even renamed an existing file to .iso. Though the rename succeeded,...