Windows 10: Windows Explorer takes ages to load

Discus and support Windows Explorer takes ages to load in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Up until yesterday, Windows Explorer was running fine. Then I accidentally downloaded some adware which must have changed things up a bit. I managed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Margaretden Dulk, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Windows Explorer takes ages to load

Up until yesterday, Windows Explorer was running fine. Then I accidentally downloaded some adware which must have changed things up a bit. I managed to get rid of the adware, but did so using a program called Revo Uninstaller. Once it had uninstalled the adware, I uninstalled Revo Uninstaller. But then Windows Explorer started acting up; most of the icons reverted to the default blank page icon and Explorer takes a very long time to load. I can still run programs and open files fine, it's just very difficult to access them.

Is it possible the uninstaller deleted something it wasn't supposed to delete? Or that there is still some malicious program on my computer messing things up?

I've also run a few scans using Windows Defender and it keeps telling me that everything is fine, but I'm not sure it can see everything.

:)

Margaretden Dulk, Apr 11, 2019

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Windows Explorer takes ages to load

Age Of Empires The Age Of Kings Multiplayer Crash

Hi,

This issue might happen if the Windows Firewall is blocking the game from connecting to the LAN.

I suggest you to add the Age of Empires the Age of Kings, to the exception list of the Windows Firewall and check if the issue is resolved.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel.

• Click on View by in the top right panel and select Small Icons.

• Find and click on Windows Firewall.

• Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall in the left panel.

• Click on Change Settings, find and check the Age of Empires the Age of Kings box for both
      Public and Private Columns.

• If Age of Empires the Age of Kings is not listed, then click on
      Add and select the installed path of the game.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows Explorer takes ages to load

1. Windows Explorer takes ages to load - Similar Threads - Explorer takes ages

2. WSL does not load and takes ages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL does not load and takes ages: Hi I have been using WSL from more than an year however from last few weeks my WSL does not launch . I am using the Microsoft Terminal to launch . I have tried updating WSL and restarting windows several times but no luck . Can anyone please help how to fix it ? I dont want...
  3. WSL does not load and takes ages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL does not load and takes ages: Hi I have been using WSL from more than an year however from last few weeks my WSL does not launch . I am using the Microsoft Terminal to launch . I have tried updating WSL and restarting windows several times but no luck . Can anyone please help how to fix it ? I dont want...
  4. WSL does not load and takes ages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Update page takes AGES to load.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update page takes AGES to load.: Okay, I've HAD it! Today I tried updating my computer to the 20H2 version because of a game I'm playing at the moment that's being glitchy. But tried turning it off for a couple seconds and then back again. Tried pausing it for 7 days and continuing it back again, but the...
  6. Lock screen takes ages to load or doesn't load at all

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen takes ages to load or doesn't load at all: Hi. About a month back, my PC started having an issue, whereby when I press the power button to wake it from sleep, Windows 10's lock screen either takes ages to load and display the time, or doesn't load at all and stays at a blank screen. Specifically, when the lock...
  7. Outlook takes ages to load

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook takes ages to load: Hi all. Ever since I synced my email I have had a problem with all Microsoft sites taking ages to load. Can someone tell my what I can do about this? thanks 25624
  8. Web pages taking ages to finish loading

in Browsers and Email
    Web pages taking ages to finish loading: I use Win10 on a fast broadband connection (100Mbps) will lowish ping rates. I notice that more and more web sites are taking a long time to finish loading. They start very fast indeed, but are incomplete and it can take up to a minute before the screen has finished...
  9. Download folder takes an age to load

in Windows 10 Support
    Download folder takes an age to load: Every other folder in File Explorer opens virtually immediately to show all contents but why does the Download folder have to reload the contents, which takes quite some time, the first time the folder is accessed after switching on. [img] 8226
  10. Settings window takes ages to load language list

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings window takes ages to load language list: Hey everyone, I hope I'm not posting this twice now. The first time around, the thread seems to have disappeared. So on my new laptop, ever since I tried to add English as a second language, the settings window takes ages to load the liist of installed languages. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows logs in fine but takes ages for desktop to load