Windows 10: Windows Explorer Taking a Long Time to Function?

Discus and support Windows Explorer Taking a Long Time to Function? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, I try to right-click on files whilst exploring files in Windows Explorer. As of late, it's taken a while for the contextual window to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wombo, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Wombo Win User

Windows Explorer Taking a Long Time to Function?

Hello all, I try to right-click on files whilst exploring files in Windows Explorer. As of late, it's taken a while for the contextual window to appear. Does anyone know why this may be?

:)

Wombo, Mar 9, 2021

2. windows explorer take long time to load

windows explorer take long time to load

PRATIK MARCHANDE, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Load Page take long time

Hi Peter,

It is possible that your Internet Explorer takes too long to load a page due to corruptions or you may just need to reset the application. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies?
    • Have you tried resetting your Internet Explorer?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to reset your Internet explorer settings. You can also refer to this

link
    on how to change/reset your Internet Explorer settings.

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings.
    We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 9, 2021
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows Explorer Taking a Long Time to Function? wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer Taking a Long Time to Function? - Similar Threads - Explorer Taking Long

2. Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time: Recently, my windows explorer is really slow whereby a green loading bar is visible for a long time. I tried multiple options such as: - a refresh via the task manager - rebuilding index - clear explorer history +launching folder windows in a separate process - uncheck "Allow...
  3. Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time: Recently, my windows explorer is really slow whereby a green loading bar is visible for a long time. I tried multiple options such as: - a refresh via the task manager - rebuilding index - clear explorer history +launching folder windows in a separate process - uncheck "Allow...
  4. Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Files in Explorer taking a long time to display

Files in Explorer taking a long time to display: Similar to a question only asked very recently, my case might be the same. The problem is Explorer not displaying files for some time after selecting a folder and this seems to have happened following my recent update to Win10 21H1 although I cannot be certain. This problem...
  6. File Explorer suddenly takes a long time to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer suddenly takes a long time to load: I'm running Windows 10 OS Build 190441.867 which is the latest update. In the past 24 hours I've had to restart my PC twice because when File Explorer started up it would just show a progress bar at the top and no files. This went on for several minutes as though it was...
  7. Windows explorer: Thumbnails take a long time to generate

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer: Thumbnails take a long time to generate: Hello everyone. I recently noticed that it would take Windows a long time to generate the thumbnails in Windows Explorer when there are sub-folders a couple of levels deep. If there are no sub-folders or sub-folders just one level deep, then the thumbnails would instantly...
  8. Windows 10 takes a long time to run any executable and File Explorer takes a long time to...

Windows 10 takes a long time to run any executable and File Explorer takes a long time to...: As per title, Windows10 takes almost 2 minutes to open any executable file. File Explorer takes up to 3 minutes to load a folder and up to one minute whenever I right click something. Disabled most of the shell extensions that caused trouble but it still lags a lot. I just...
  9. File Explorer takes long time to load contents!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer takes long time to load contents!: Why File Explorer sometimes takes ridiculously long time to load contents? I'm running Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 1803 Build 17134.228 on HP Envy 13 Intel Core i7 6500U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD. Please fix it Microsoft, it's very annoying! [ATTACH]...
  10. win10 icons take long time to show (windows Explorer)

in Windows 10 Support
    win10 icons take long time to show (windows Explorer): When I first open the Windows Explorer after starting my computer the icons for the files show up as a white box. I have run virus scans, malware scans which both finding nothing, then I defraged the drive and tried resetting the icon cache then rebooted. The same thing...