Windows 10: Windows Explorer Taskbar Icons - local vs network folder icons

Discus and support Windows Explorer Taskbar Icons - local vs network folder icons in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I work a lot on network drives through a VPN, but keep large files on my computer (local drive). Often I have two folders with the same name - one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TravBow, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Windows Explorer Taskbar Icons - local vs network folder icons

I work a lot on network drives through a VPN, but keep large files on my computer (local drive). Often I have two folders with the same name - one local and one network - but it is never clear which is which without opening the window. Is there any way to change the icon for all networked drives so they are immediately recognizable in the taskbar from those on my computer? [Help]

submitted by /u/TravBow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TravBow, Nov 8, 2019
  2. wolf2009 Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Nov 8, 2019
  3. NIGHTMARE icon in windows taskbar

Ok ... this is really an annoying thingy in Windows Vista that till today. My top wish list is to solve this !!! *Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:

See attached pic ... for eg. open My Computer ... icon is of course as shown - the My Computer default Vista icon ... after you browse? *swoosh* kind of black magic ... it changes to that icon with the green arrow ... browsing back to My Computer it remains like that ... with the green arrow!!!

This happens to any and all folders ! ... When you load it ... it comes up with the default folder ... after exporing through folder it changes ... and remains like that.

For info : have tried a fresh installation of Vista to make sure that no bug got in. So must be some DAMN Vista settings

Thanks mates ... hope you enjoy this puzzle !

ragingspeed, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Windows Explorer Taskbar Icons - local vs network folder icons

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows Explorer Taskbar Icons - local vs network folder icons

1. Windows Explorer Taskbar Icons - local vs network folder icons - Similar Threads - Explorer Taskbar Icons

2. Windows Explorer and Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer and Taskbar icons: I got a problem with windows 11 after the latest update where all icons on the taskbar are hidden and all app not working correctly and I should wait about 5 min or less then open Task manager and the trying ending Explorer.exe and reopen it through Task manager and all...
  3. Windows Explorer and Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer and Taskbar icons: I got a problem with windows 11 after the latest update where all icons on the taskbar are hidden and all app not working correctly and I should wait about 5 min or less then open Task manager and the trying ending Explorer.exe and reopen it through Task manager and all...
  4. Taskbar Network Icon Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Network Icon Missing: Today January 18th 2022 I started my PC and discovered the network icon has gone missing from the taskbar leaving only the sound icon. Can anybody help? I've attached what it looks like to help.I can connect via ethernet and Wi-Fi but things internet speed and general PC...
  5. Taskbar Network Icon Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Network Icon Missing: Today January 18th 2022 I started my PC and discovered the network icon has gone missing from the taskbar leaving only the sound icon. Can anybody help? I've attached what it looks like to help.I can connect via ethernet and Wi-Fi but things internet speed and general PC...
  6. Taskbar icons for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons for File Explorer: I've always kept File Explorer (Windows Explorer) pinned to my taskbar, and the familiar 'folder' icon made it quick and easy to find and click. With Windows 10, this icon now changes, depending on what kind of folder I'm looking through. For example, if I'm looking at my...
  7. Network icon is gone in taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network icon is gone in taskbar: The computer icon with the eithernet connector (or if on Wi-Fi, the wifi logo) in the taskbar is gone from my system. And when I try to activate it from setting>taskbar my volume control icon turns on and off instead of making my network icon appear shown here with orage...
  8. Network icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network icon in taskbar: What file has the network icon in the taskbar in Windows 10. 1903? There is no Pnidui.dll file. John 138427
  9. windows explorer icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows explorer icon on taskbar: The windows explorer icon (allowing safe removal of thumb drives, etc.) has disappeared from my taskbar, even though in settings it shows that it is on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-icon-on-taskbar/c354278b-4396-4c59-80d6-340d11e0f49a
  10. Taskbar no network icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Taskbar no network icon: Network and Sharing is the only plce I can see the list of detected networks. How do I get the the icon on the taskbar? Bill 43226