Windows 10: Windows Explorer uses wrong type of date in one directory

Discus and support Windows Explorer uses wrong type of date in one directory in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All my Windows directories look the same in Explorer: name, date, type and size. Just the default. However, in one directory there is a problem: the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by musicmouse, Sep 5, 2018.

1. musicmouse Win User

Windows Explorer uses wrong type of date in one directory

All my Windows directories look the same in Explorer: name, date, type and size. Just the default.

However, in one directory there is a problem: the dates never change. When I look at the properties of the files in it I see that it is showing the date of creation instead of the date of the last change.

What causes this problem. And how can I correct it without extensive customization of this directory?

:)

musicmouse, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Windows Explorer uses wrong type of date in one directory :p

Frick, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Mindweaver Win User
    Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.5

• New Menu strip(File, Edit, View, Advanced, Help)
    • Removed "About" button and add "About" in Help drop down.
    • File dropdown menu list (Add folder..., Export(Text file, Excel File), Exit)
    • Edit dropdown menu list (Delete file, Delete folder)
    • View dropdown menu list (Detail, Explorer - Beta)
    • Advance dropdown menu list (Check for updates)
    • Help dropdown menu list (About)
    • New multi threaded
    • New "Explorer - Beta" turns the folder list into a Explorer type view.
    • New in the "About" window when hovering over the "Directory Size Utility" changes the text color to blue to show it as a clickable link to the site.

Download Here

Main Screen - New Screen!

Windows Explorer uses wrong type of date in one directory Main.jpg

Download Here

Mindweaver, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Athlon2K15 Win User

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer uses wrong type of date in one directory - Similar Threads - Explorer uses wrong

2. WRONG DATE

in Windows 10 Customization
    WRONG DATE: Hey :) What can I do, if some Computers show up the wrong date? they are connected with internet and to ure servers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/wrong-date/03bd42ab-edf3-4097-82db-2c517b71bfd9
  3. Keyboard typing wrong keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard typing wrong keys: When i type the numbers 2 3 4 5 it shows up as 6 7 8 9, and when i type the numbers 6 7 8 9 it shows as 2 3 4 5. How to fix ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/keyboard-typing-wrong-keys/0fdf1785-918a-4570-8181-686cf43c3830
  4. One key on my laptop is typing the wrong thing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One key on my laptop is typing the wrong thing.: Every other key is fine. It is only the 8 that is messed up. It is typing a 0. If I hold function and press the 8 key it types a forward slash . I have tried changing the language settings and a few other things. Nothing is will change it back. Dell inspiron Windows 10...
  5. Wrong date on Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong date on Microsoft Mail: My date is showing Year 2092 and other mail is showing 2026. Tried updating as per instructions to Dorothy and have same result. My system time is correct and Gmail is showing correct date, just not Microsoft Mail on Windows 10....
  6. Update & Security Windows show wrong DATE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update & Security Windows show wrong DATE: Running Win 10 Insider build 14279, 64 bit. My "Update & Security" shows wrong date. This usually happens after a cold boot. The date in the tray is correct. [img] 44165
  7. Installed programs - wrong install dates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed programs - wrong install dates: Is this another consequence of the recent flawed Win 10 update(s)? In my list of 214 installed programs (Settings > Apps > Apps & Features) about 150 are shown with install dates of 21/1/2018. That's the date I installed version 1709, including buggy KB4056892 which I've...
  8. Wrong Program Installation Dates!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong Program Installation Dates!: I upgraded to Windows 10 a week ago. I noticed in Control Panel / Programs & Features that about 30 programs have an "Installed On" date of yesterday when they were actually installed ages ago and another 20 or so programs have an "Installed On" date of 10 June when I...
  9. File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it?: The column heading in Win 10 File Explorer is 'Date'. But which one? I've always been used in XP to the default being 'Date modified', but it seems that here it's Date created? Several re-saves have left 'Date' unchanged. [img] -- Terry, East Grinstead, UK 71495
  10. Time correct but date often wrong

in Windows 10 Support
    Time correct but date often wrong: I have a brand-new computer with a clean install of Win 10 which I've been using for about 10 days now. While the system time is always correct, every couple of days when I boot the system the date will be off by a day or two, usually ahead. I have reset the date in the BIOS...