Windows 10: Windows Explorer uses wrong type of date in one directory

Discus and support Windows Explorer uses wrong type of date in one directory in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All my Windows directories look the same in Explorer: name, date, type and size. Just the default. However, in one directory there is a problem: the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by musicmouse, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Windows Explorer uses wrong type of date in one directory

All my Windows directories look the same in Explorer: name, date, type and size. Just the default.

However, in one directory there is a problem: the dates never change. When I look at the properties of the files in it I see that it is showing the date of creation instead of the date of the last change.

What causes this problem. And how can I correct it without extensive customization of this directory?

:)

musicmouse, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Windows Explorer uses wrong type of date in one directory :p

Frick, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.5

• New Menu strip(File, Edit, View, Advanced, Help)
    • Removed "About" button and add "About" in Help drop down.
    • File dropdown menu list (Add folder..., Export(Text file, Excel File), Exit)
    • Edit dropdown menu list (Delete file, Delete folder)
    • View dropdown menu list (Detail, Explorer - Beta)
    • Advance dropdown menu list (Check for updates)
    • Help dropdown menu list (About)
    • New multi threaded
    • New "Explorer - Beta" turns the folder list into a Explorer type view.
    • New in the "About" window when hovering over the "Directory Size Utility" changes the text color to blue to show it as a clickable link to the site.

Download Here

Main Screen - New Screen!

Windows Explorer uses wrong type of date in one directory Main.jpg

Download Here

Mindweaver, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Windows Explorer uses wrong type of date in one directory

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Explorer uses wrong type of date in one directory

1. Windows Explorer uses wrong type of date in one directory - Similar Threads - Explorer uses wrong

2. Wrong installed on date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong installed on date: Hi,I resetted my PC earlier and noticed that the installed on date is said to be in 2525 screenshot below. I was wondering if that is a problem, for example will this affect finding new updates from windows update ? Note that when I resetted my pc the date was set for 2525...
  3. Wrong installed on date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong installed on date: Hi,I resetted my PC earlier and noticed that the installed on date is said to be in 2525 screenshot below. I was wondering if that is a problem, for example will this affect finding new updates from windows update ? Note that when I resetted my pc the date was set for 2525...
  4. Wrong installed on date

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Files showing wrong dates in Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Files showing wrong dates in Explorer on Windows 10: A Windows 10 PC user reported noticing some odd issues with Dates & Times for some files being wrong in File Explorer. Some newly downloaded files will end up with Dates listed as a decade old. The Created/Modified dates in Properties of the file are correct, but it’s still...
  6. Explorer Directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Directory: I found this directory accidentaly, does anyone know what it is and where did it come from cause i have not accessed the files listed in this folder on this computer...
  7. Wrong Date in Windows Library

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong Date in Windows Library: Hello all, I have created a windows library for my photos, in which I gather 2-3 folders of all my photos to keep them together and easily reviewed. After I imported some photos to a OneDrive folder, due to cloud switch (from Dropbox to OneDrive), I found out that many...
  8. Laptop type under devices changed to wrong one

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop type under devices changed to wrong one: I use an ACER Switch Alpha 12 and it suddenly changed on my OneDrive Profile to something else. The serial number still seems right. How do I get it right?...
  9. WRONG DATE

in Windows 10 Customization
    WRONG DATE: Hey :) What can I do, if some Computers show up the wrong date? they are connected with internet and to ure servers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/wrong-date/03bd42ab-edf3-4097-82db-2c517b71bfd9
  10. One key on my laptop is typing the wrong thing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One key on my laptop is typing the wrong thing.: Every other key is fine. It is only the 8 that is messed up. It is typing a 0. If I hold function and press the 8 key it types a forward slash . I have tried changing the language settings and a few other things. Nothing is will change it back. Dell inspiron Windows 10...