Windows 10: Windows Explorer using high CPU.

Discus and support Windows Explorer using high CPU. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows explorer is constantly using over 15% cpu for whatever reason and total cpu utilisation is up at 17% at idle . I've tried everything:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by arknight305, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Windows Explorer using high CPU.

Windows explorer is constantly using over 15% cpu for whatever reason and total cpu utilisation is up at 17% at idle . I've tried everything: uninstalling AVG Which was using similar cpu at the same time, deleting all shortcuts on the desktop, using the chkdsk commands, running msconfig and disabling all non microsoft programs on startup. After doing the last one i noticed the cpu utilization was down to 0-2% at idle. Explorer then shot up the task mananger processes list and took first place in cpu usage. If i change tabs to the details section in task manager, the amount of physical memory in use by the program at the moment is 512,000K and keeps rising I dont know if thats supposed to happen. I have an Intel i-7 8750H, 16 gb of RAM and a RTX 2060. yes this is a laptop

:)

arknight305, Jun 30, 2020

2. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest checking the Task Manager again to see what are the
    applications that have high CPU usage. To do this, follow the same steps you did from the previous reply:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

However, based on your response above, it seems that you may need to create a new user account again and just install your apps manually instead of copying them as your
    previous user account might be corrupted.

Once your done with the steps, please let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Windows Explorer using high CPU.

windows 10 home high use CPU&Disk

Hi Arief,

It can be software conflicts that are causing your high CPU usage. However, we need to gather more information for us to provide the best solution to your concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Which update was installed when the issue occurred?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. See steps below:

• In the search box, type Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the on-screen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.

Looking forward to your reply.

Robelene Win, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows Explorer using high CPU.

1. Windows Explorer using high CPU. - Similar Threads - Explorer using high

2. Windows Explorer High CPU and Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer High CPU and Memory Usage: Hello,I'm encountering a persistent problem with Windows Explorer where it exhibits high CPU and memory usage whenever I attempt to open a folder with a size exceeding 30 GB. Despite my best efforts, I have tried numerous troubleshooting steps, including disk cleanup, disk...
  3. Tiworker using high cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tiworker using high cpu: My problem started around 3 days ago when gaming my fps dropped to under 100fps and with a high-end PC this shouldn't happen. I checked task manager and "tiworker.exe' was using 50%-80% cpu but it closes in 5 seconds of me opening task manager, I've tried all the youtube...
  4. Tiworker using high cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tiworker using high cpu: My problem started around 3 days ago when gaming my fps dropped to under 100fps and with a high-end PC this shouldn't happen. I checked task manager and "tiworker.exe' was using 50%-80% cpu but it closes in 5 seconds of me opening task manager, I've tried all the youtube...
  5. Tiworker using high cpu

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Ntoskrnl using high CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ntoskrnl using high CPU: Im thinking of doing a repair upgrade because of this ntoskrnl issue Should I do this repiar upgrade Will it solve my issue Will it reinstall windows 10 on my pcIt doesn't matter if it deletes my files Can I fix this issue by a repair upgrade...
  7. AppHelperCap.exe uses high CPU.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AppHelperCap.exe uses high CPU.: Every day I open up task manager and find AppHelperCap.exe at the very top. How do I fix this, or is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apphelpercapexe-uses-high-cpu/51dae15d-a923-4ca1-a06d-e2318d8e2ba8
  8. high CPU usage by Windows Explorer

high CPU usage by Windows Explorer: Hi, I was looking through the performance of my new msi laptop, and noticed Windows Explorer was using almost the same, if not more CPU than fusion360. Even with all apps closed and at idle, the program is still using up to 17% cpu. I've looked up causes for this, and one...
  9. CDPUserSvc using high CPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CDPUserSvc using high CPU: Since 1 week I have been observing that my battery is draining higher and battery getting hot. After observing found that CDPUserSvc is using around 30% CPU. I think it is because of recent window updates. I tried uninstalling recent updates but no changes. I tried disabling...
  10. CDPUserSvc using high CPU

CDPUserSvc using high CPU: Since 1 week I have been observing that my battery is draining higher and battery getting hot. After observing found that CDPUserSvc is using around 30% CPU. I think it is because of recent window updates. I tried uninstalling recent updates but no changes. I tried disabling...