Windows 10: Windows explorer very slow (green bar)

Discus and support Windows explorer very slow (green bar) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My windows explorer used to be very fast. Then I tried to decompress a zip file, and cancel it. Now it is very slow. symptoms: -When I press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KansaiRobot, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Windows explorer very slow (green bar)

My windows explorer used to be very fast. Then I tried to decompress a zip file, and cancel it.
    Now it is very slow.

symptoms:

-When I press (Windows)+E nothing happens until some minutes later (before it opened winosw explorer instantly)

-when explorer is open I can see the folder icons only. The rest are just white squares. (the icons of all other files take time to open)

-the green bar in the upper side shows a very slow progress.

-If I right click a file, the menu does not appear but a blue circle (loading) appears instead

The computer is not slow, and I can browse internet and doing other things. Only everything related to explorer is slow

Any help is greatly appreciated

:)

KansaiRobot, Feb 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 February 2016 update caused file associations to reset - bad update

My laptop updated February 10 and has completely broken the file associations. Not only that but the File Explorer does not show any icons and the dreaded green bar on file explorer is so slow that it takes few minutes to complete.

The workarounds of going to Default Apps is not fixing the problem of green bar very slow.

I need the Microsoft Technical Support teams to escalate this issue to L3 to look because although it is happening in-consistently IT IS breaking things.

Also, anyone please let me know how to revert the entire patch or I am reverting the entire Windows 10 update to Windows 8.1 since I have the option of doing that.

Thanks

AmitOnMission, Feb 22, 2018
  3. Hard screen alignment

I also couldn't see the Windows folder...I went to the 'Folder and Search Options' (on the pc's explorer window) and removed the check box from 'Hide protected operatiung system files...', and I can see it now (but trying to open it results is a very slow
    green progress bar in the address window (using Win7)).

Steve76063, Feb 22, 2018
  4. Windows explorer very slow (green bar)

lehnerus2000, Feb 22, 2018
  5. EdTittel Win User
    EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows explorer very slow (green bar)

1. Windows explorer very slow (green bar) - Similar Threads - explorer very slow

2. Slow green progress bar windows 10. Explorer loading thumbnails slowly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow green progress bar windows 10. Explorer loading thumbnails slowly.: Imagine the following:You have a superfast PC with fresh M.2 drives. Every time you access a folder, you get a slow green explorer bar on top. It does not matter how many pictures or thumbnails there are in the folder, that green bar always appears. Go to Reddit and Quora;...
  3. Slow green progress bar windows 10. Explorer loading thumbnails slowly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow green progress bar windows 10. Explorer loading thumbnails slowly.: Imagine the following:You have a superfast PC with fresh M.2 drives. Every time you access a folder, you get a slow green explorer bar on top. It does not matter how many pictures or thumbnails there are in the folder, that green bar always appears. Go to Reddit and Quora;...
  4. WIndows Explorer Very Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows Explorer Very Slow: HiOpening folders on my PC is extremely slow. Can take 10 seconds for a folder to open after I double click. Its even slow when saving attachments from emails through Outlook 365. I trawled the internet and this forum in particular and see others with similar issues. I have...
  5. WIndows Explorer Very Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows Explorer Very Slow: HiOpening folders on my PC is extremely slow. Can take 10 seconds for a folder to open after I double click. Its even slow when saving attachments from emails through Outlook 365. I trawled the internet and this forum in particular and see others with similar issues. I have...
  6. Windows 10 file explorer slow/green bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 file explorer slow/green bar: I recently upgraded to windows 10 20H2. I had a number of issues after this upgrade including, but not limited to, a black flickering screen, that could only be resolved by a reboot. I used the option to revert to the previous version on windows 10 and am now on windows 10...
  7. Green ribbon and slow windows explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Green ribbon and slow windows explorer: Every time I open windows explorer it locks up my whole PC for several minutes while it does *something* that involves a green status ribbon filling the address bar. If I leave it sitting on "This PC" it sometimes does it again and again. I do not care what service Windows...
  8. Windows Explorer is Very Slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer is Very Slow: Hello everyone, so yesterday my PC and power supply was off when the light went off for 1-2 minutes. Then when the lights came back on I went to my PC play Minecraft. I turn on my PC and everything is normal until I logged into the user. My PC specs are: Ryzen 7 2700x 16...
  9. Win10 Explorer search has that slow green bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Explorer search has that slow green bar: I use the WindowsKey-E to bring up File Explorer (FE). I want to search for something in indexed locations. FE comes up with "This PC" in the "where to search" bar. That's fine... that's what I want. When I type something in, I get the slow green bar coming across. I don't...
  10. Explorer.exe unspecified error and very slow green bar in my computer!

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe unspecified error and very slow green bar in my computer!: Hi guys, I have reset my HP laptop and update everything to the latest from windows update. First Problem: I notice when i open (This PC) my computer it takes a while before it loads the partitions drives! the green bar keep loading! Second Problem: When i open...