Windows 10: Windows Explorer Views

Discus and support Windows Explorer Views in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there anyway to set up the views of a folder in Windows Explorer so that the view of one folder will be different than the view of another folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JeffL, Aug 18, 2016.

1. JeffL Win User

Windows Explorer Views

Is there anyway to set up the views of a folder in Windows Explorer so that the view of one folder will be different than the view of another folder.

I have shortcuts to folders on my desktop. If the folder shortcut is to a particular folder, I want the view Navigation Pane settings to be "Navigation Pane" and "Expand to Open Folder". The other shortcuts to folders on my desktop contain programs. I want the Navigation Pane on that view to have none of the settings checked. Along with having "Medium Icons" selected (which is independent for every folder) that gives me the old Pre Window 8 look when I open a shortcut to a folder of different apps.

In short, I want my open shortcut folder to apps to look like this:

Windows Explorer Views [​IMG]

Not this:

(It would be even better without the menu ribbon).

But I still want the opened shortcut folder to folders and files to look like this:

:)

JeffL, Aug 18, 2016

2. file explorer views

In the currently open folder (which you've customized), click the View tab, and then click Options. In Folder Options, click the View tab, and then click Apply to Folders.

This applies the custom folder view for all folders that use the same type/template.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 18, 2016
  3. file explorer views

thank you

CarlBenanty, Aug 18, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows Explorer Views

Not as far as I know. Explorer has very limited command line switches so it's not worth trying to approach it that way.

If you are basically wanting a convenient presentation of shortcuts to programs you frequently use, I'd commend a different approach. Have a look at sTabLauncher (free). Categorised dockable launchbar.

dalchina, Aug 18, 2016
Thema:

Windows Explorer Views

1. Windows Explorer Views - Similar Threads - Explorer Views

2. windows 10 explorer preview pane - view HTML FILES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 explorer preview pane - view HTML FILES: when selecting an HTML file pictures are blocked and the following message is displayed "Some pictures have been blocked to help prevent the sender from identifying your computer". how do I fix this?. When opening with chrome pictures are displayed. I have some older HTML...
  3. Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer

Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer: New to Windows 10 here from Windows 7 and am having lots of difficulty adjusting to how to see my folders and files. For example, I don't want to see clusters of numerically named folders and files and then A-H, I-P etc. I want to see all folders on top, in order of date...
  4. Multiple occurence of "Desktop" folder in File explorer directory view .

Multiple occurence of "Desktop" folder in File explorer directory view .: [ATTACH] Multiple occurence of "Desktop" folder in File explorer directory view . The desktop is on the very top, and there is a desktop under it, which includes "this PC" and then there is another desktop in thi directory. This is very confusing. How to fix the...
  5. How does Windows decide on what view should be used in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How does Windows decide on what view should be used in file explorer?: Question implies does it try to detect what the folder has most of? Like if its videos and photos it tries to use large icons while if its more text files or downloadable apps like drivers it will use details over lists etc? Currently using windows 10 1809 155330
  6. Can't view folder and files in Explorer but can see in Power Shell

Can't view folder and files in Explorer but can see in Power Shell: Hello I have a problem that folders and files generated for example in Qtcreator or by comand g++ a.cpp are not visible in Explorer. I have checked properties of folder and it is not hiden atributte. Invisible files for example generated a.exe can be seen only by...
  7. Change multiple Explorer folder View modes with latest ShellBagsView for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Change multiple Explorer folder View modes with latest ShellBagsView for Windows: ShellBagsView is a long-standing portable application by Nirsoft for Microsoft Windows devices to check and modify the view mode of folders in Explorer. We mentioned ShellBagView twice here on Ghacks, first in 2008 when it was first released and then again in 2009. Windows...
  8. Windows Explorer - View Tab -> Sort By Menu has no options

Windows Explorer - View Tab -> Sort By Menu has no options: When I try to use the sort by tool at the top of the Explorer window, I have no options. Selecting "Choose columns..." shows that Name, Type, Size, Date Modified, and Date Created are checked. [ATTACH] If I perform a right-click somewhere among the files in the Explorer...
  9. Explorer view grouping setting keeps reverting !?

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer view grouping setting keeps reverting !?: Is this yet another windows 10 'feature' ? I hate the group view feature in explorer so keep setting it to 'none', yet quite often I find when booting it's back again. Ring any bells ? Thanks in advance.. 154338
  10. Explorer crashes when viewing a folder that contains .mp3 files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer crashes when viewing a folder that contains .mp3 files: When opening a folder that contains some .mp3 files, the explorer exits almost immediately. The event log has the following: Windows cannot access the file C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_10.20022.11011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\resources.pri for one of the...