Windows 10: Windows Explorer Views

Discus and support Windows Explorer Views in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there anyway to set up the views of a folder in Windows Explorer so that the view of one folder will be different than the view of another folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JeffL, Aug 18, 2016.

1. JeffL Win User

Windows Explorer Views

Is there anyway to set up the views of a folder in Windows Explorer so that the view of one folder will be different than the view of another folder.

I have shortcuts to folders on my desktop. If the folder shortcut is to a particular folder, I want the view Navigation Pane settings to be "Navigation Pane" and "Expand to Open Folder". The other shortcuts to folders on my desktop contain programs. I want the Navigation Pane on that view to have none of the settings checked. Along with having "Medium Icons" selected (which is independent for every folder) that gives me the old Pre Window 8 look when I open a shortcut to a folder of different apps.

In short, I want my open shortcut folder to apps to look like this:

Windows Explorer Views [​IMG]

Not this:

(It would be even better without the menu ribbon).

But I still want the opened shortcut folder to folders and files to look like this:

:)

JeffL, Aug 18, 2016

2. file explorer views

In the currently open folder (which you've customized), click the View tab, and then click Options. In Folder Options, click the View tab, and then click Apply to Folders.

This applies the custom folder view for all folders that use the same type/template.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 18, 2016
  3. file explorer views

thank you

CarlBenanty, Aug 18, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows Explorer Views

Not as far as I know. Explorer has very limited command line switches so it's not worth trying to approach it that way.

If you are basically wanting a convenient presentation of shortcuts to programs you frequently use, I'd commend a different approach. Have a look at sTabLauncher (free). Categorised dockable launchbar.

dalchina, Aug 18, 2016
Thema:

Windows Explorer Views

1. Windows Explorer Views - Similar Threads - Explorer Views

2. Windows Explorer doesn't save the viewing-details

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer doesn't save the viewing-details: In Windows 10, my Windows Explorer (File Manger) doesn't save the view details from one folder (directory) to another. When I select the details I want to show, such as Name, Date modified, Attributes, Size, etc., those settings aren't save when I go to a different folder....
  3. any addins or workarounds to view PDF meta data in file explorer?

any addins or workarounds to view PDF meta data in file explorer?: We would like a way to show our .pdf meta data in file explorer. Is there a reliable add in or some other work around we can use in Windows 10 file explorer to show this? Thank you...
  4. External HDD is recognized but cannot be viewed on the windows explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD is recognized but cannot be viewed on the windows explorer: Hi, I need help with my Externeal HDD (seagate 1TB), I havent used my HDD for more than a month now. When i plug it in, it lights up, reconized on the task bar on the lower right but I cannot access it through explorer or see the files stored inside. (I have previously...
  5. Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer

in Cortana
    Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer: Results show up in "Content" view by default, which is annoying for me and quite a few folks. To set the default view to "Details", add this registry key and values in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\...
  6. GPS data in Explorer details view

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPS data in Explorer details view: Can anyone explain me why in the details view of Explorer it is not possible to find a heading for a new column related to GPS info. It is indeed available in the Properties Tab but it is cumbersome to open it every time for each photo to check. If it was listed in such a...
  7. make change to default windows 10 file explorer search view

make change to default windows 10 file explorer search view: Is there a way to set the default view for the search results in file explorer without having to change it every time I use it? I would like to have the default view for the search results be "large icons" and not have to change it manually every time I use the search...
  8. File Explorer in Details Pane View stops responding

File Explorer in Details Pane View stops responding: File Explorer, in Details Pane View, stops responding after the closure of any .docx file or any .xlsx file if said file was opened via File Explorer. Older .doc files or .xls files do not cause such a problem, nor do .pdf, .txt or .jpg files cause such a problem. The...
  9. How can I set a default Windows explorer search view ?

How can I set a default Windows explorer search view ?: Hello, I'm posting this message because I've tried many solutions. I have Windows 10. When searching in the explorer windows, or from the "see more" in the windows bar search, the view (icon size, sort by and group by) is not as I would like it to be, and I can't change it....
  10. Pictures Compressed When Viewed/Accessed in File Explorer.

Pictures Compressed When Viewed/Accessed in File Explorer.: I have a WD MyCloud network drive for mass storage. I noticed that when photos stored on the drive are accessed via Windows File Manager, they are very compressed (one-tenth or less of original size). However, when accessed via the WD file management software, the original...