Windows 10: Windows Explorer Views

Discus and support Windows Explorer Views in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there anyway to set up the views of a folder in Windows Explorer so that the view of one folder will be different than the view of another folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JeffL, Aug 18, 2016.

1. JeffL Win User

Windows Explorer Views

Is there anyway to set up the views of a folder in Windows Explorer so that the view of one folder will be different than the view of another folder.

I have shortcuts to folders on my desktop. If the folder shortcut is to a particular folder, I want the view Navigation Pane settings to be "Navigation Pane" and "Expand to Open Folder". The other shortcuts to folders on my desktop contain programs. I want the Navigation Pane on that view to have none of the settings checked. Along with having "Medium Icons" selected (which is independent for every folder) that gives me the old Pre Window 8 look when I open a shortcut to a folder of different apps.

In short, I want my open shortcut folder to apps to look like this:

Windows Explorer Views [​IMG]

Not this:

(It would be even better without the menu ribbon).

But I still want the opened shortcut folder to folders and files to look like this:

:)

JeffL, Aug 18, 2016

2. file explorer views

In the currently open folder (which you've customized), click the View tab, and then click Options. In Folder Options, click the View tab, and then click Apply to Folders.

This applies the custom folder view for all folders that use the same type/template.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 18, 2016
  3. file explorer views

thank you

CarlBenanty, Aug 18, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows Explorer Views

Not as far as I know. Explorer has very limited command line switches so it's not worth trying to approach it that way.

If you are basically wanting a convenient presentation of shortcuts to programs you frequently use, I'd commend a different approach. Have a look at sTabLauncher (free). Categorised dockable launchbar.

dalchina, Aug 18, 2016
Thema:

Windows Explorer Views

1. Windows Explorer Views - Similar Threads - Explorer Views

2. Explorer Gallery View Incorrect Icon proportions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer Gallery View Incorrect Icon proportions: The idea of having a “Gallery View” for Media inside Explorer is a great feature. Unfortunately, it needs to work correctly to really enjoy. Gallery View really does struggle with MOV or MP4 video thumbnails rendering them as a square, incorrect proportions or Horizontal or...
  3. Explorer Gallery View Incorrect Icon proportions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer Gallery View Incorrect Icon proportions: The idea of having a “Gallery View” for Media inside Explorer is a great feature. Unfortunately, it needs to work correctly to really enjoy. Gallery View really does struggle with MOV or MP4 video thumbnails rendering them as a square, incorrect proportions or Horizontal or...
  4. Windows 11: File explorer stuck in CONTENT view and i cant revert to TILES view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: File explorer stuck in CONTENT view and i cant revert to TILES view: Hello, around a week ago my file explorer home screen changed the view from TILES to CONTENT even tho the view window still showed it as TILES, restarting file explorer several times or restarting the file explorer in task manager didnt help, updating the system, reverting...
  5. Windows 11: File explorer stuck in CONTENT view and i cant revert to TILES view

Windows 11: File explorer stuck in CONTENT view and i cant revert to TILES view: Hello, around a week ago my file explorer home screen changed the view from TILES to CONTENT even tho the view window still showed it as TILES, restarting file explorer several times or restarting the file explorer in task manager didnt help, updating the system, reverting...
  6. How to change windows explorer view to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change windows explorer view to default: I've just bought a laptop and it comes with custom Windows Explorer,Here's how it looks when I right clicked on a file.I can't upload images here.Please help on how to get the default menu....
  7. How to change windows explorer view to default

How to change windows explorer view to default: I've just bought a laptop and it comes with custom Windows Explorer,Here's how it looks when I right clicked on a file.I can't upload images here.Please help on how to get the default menu....
  8. Can't view Recent files in File Explorer as large thumbnails after update, they only come...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't view Recent files in File Explorer as large thumbnails after update, they only come...: A view months ago I had this issue where after a Windows update I can no longer see my recent files on my Home page of my File Explorer as tiles or large thumbnails. They're stuck as a list. Is there anything I can do to change them back? I've been searching and trying all...
  9. Can't view Recent files in File Explorer as large thumbnails after update, they only come...

Can't view Recent files in File Explorer as large thumbnails after update, they only come...: A view months ago I had this issue where after a Windows update I can no longer see my recent files on my Home page of my File Explorer as tiles or large thumbnails. They're stuck as a list. Is there anything I can do to change them back? I've been searching and trying all...
  10. Has The File Explorer Tile View Been Fixed?

Has The File Explorer Tile View Been Fixed?: has Microsoft fixxed the missing Tile View sense 23H2 in File Explorer yet? like what was was asked here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-the-windows-11-23h2-upgrade-the-tile-view-no/f4bbf2f1-3166-4c59-85ea-8d3cf9f35498as i am not going to update...