Windows 10: Windows Explorer whites out when opening excel file

Discus and support Windows Explorer whites out when opening excel file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there - I have an issue where windows explorer whites out and freezes and creates an endlessly swirling blue circle every time I try to open an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by J.G. 219, Dec 4, 2021.

1. J.G. 219 Win User

Windows Explorer whites out when opening excel file

Hi there - I have an issue where windows explorer whites out and freezes and creates an endlessly swirling blue circle every time I try to open an excel file on my laptop.I thought it might be an account issue but if I open the Excel application not a file it opens fine and I am logged in to my account. Then when I go to open a specific file the application freezes.This issue has persisted for some time and makes working on excel files nearly impossible. Please help!Jason

:)

J.G. 219, Dec 4, 2021

2. excel file causes instability in "windows explorer"

When I open an excel file by double clicking on the name in windows explorer, the file opens OK but at the same

time, the explorer file list jumps up and down as it lists and de-lists the

excel temp file. It is very distracting. I can close the explorer window or

simply change to another folder. It occurs only on one of my computers and only on some excel files

It happens only with excel files and not with word or acrobat

Any suggestions where to look for the problem. We've reinstalled Office 10 and reset my windows profile. nothing helped so far.

Joel Trussell, Dec 4, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 4, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

windows explorer opening an excel file.

Hi Dan, does Excel Open with a blank window instead of opening that file?

If so, follow these steps to perform a full repair of your Office installation . . .

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features

Click Microsoft Office in the list of installed applications

At the top, click 'Change'

On the resulting dialog, click 'Repair' - choose the Online Repair, it is a comprehensive fix

That should fix any issues with your Office Installation . . .

DaveM121, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer whites out when opening excel file - Similar Threads - Explorer whites opening

2. Excel file opens with Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel file opens with Internet Explorer: Have just completed an excel sheet and saved it; on going back to it in documents find it has been saved with the Internet Explorer icon at the front and .xlsx at the rear, cannot open it. I am using Microsoft 2010 word and excel; have no problem-saving word documents. Thank...
  3. Windows Explorer whites out when opening excel file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer whites out when opening excel file: Hi there - I have an issue where windows explorer whites out and freezes and creates an endlessly swirling blue circle every time I try to open an excel file on my laptop.I thought it might be an account issue but if I open the Excel application not a file it opens fine and I...
  4. Windows Explorer whites out when opening excel file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer whites out when opening excel file: Hi there - I have an issue where windows explorer whites out and freezes and creates an endlessly swirling blue circle every time I try to open an excel file on my laptop.I thought it might be an account issue but if I open the Excel application not a file it opens fine and I...
  5. Excel file will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel file will not open: Hi, I tried to save me excel file but it seems it was saved in another format and now I can't open it in excel. When I try to open it, a window pops up saying "how do you want to open this file?". Excel is not one of the options...
  6. File explorer sections whited out

File explorer sections whited out: My friend was on my laptop whilst I was gone. It was in the lock screen and he messed around with the accessibility options, which I have reverted back to the original. However, the file explorer and certain apps still act weird. The application minimise, fullscreen and close...
  7. File Explorer DCom timing out when opening files, but issue does not occur when opening...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer DCom timing out when opening files, but issue does not occur when opening...: I am experiencing a problem with File Explorer timing when trying to open files that are located in external servers e.g. iCloud, OneDrive. Local drive files are, as you would expect, unaffected. I'm running Windows 10 Home + O365.Interestingly, the same issue does not occur...
  8. Windows explorer hangs when trying to open a word or excel file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer hangs when trying to open a word or excel file: HI Team I am facing a problem while trying to open an excel file or word document from windows explorer. If I try to double click/press enter after selecting the file name, windows explorer doesn't respond. I have to forcefully close it. Steps followed Open windows...
  9. Excel files opening as explorer

Excel files opening as explorer: Hello I followed a previous post from 2016 that was talking about someone who had excel files opening as explorer and I am having the same issue. The resolution for the other person was to use open with and someone copied in the path for excel. I am using office online so...
  10. White flash when opening File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    White flash when opening File Explorer: 3f_Cyd86lu4 Whenever I open This PC (File Explorer), I see a momentary white window before it loads in dark mode. Never had this problem before. Recently, I was trying to remove some leftover files from the registry and I think after that, this has started to happen. I...