Windows 10: Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar

Discus and support Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In Windows Explorer, when I choose Downloads from the left column, I want this to appear in the title bar:C:\Users\MyUser\DownloadsWhat I currently see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SteveSchmitt2, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar

In Windows Explorer, when I choose Downloads from the left column, I want this to appear in the title bar:C:\Users\MyUser\DownloadsWhat I currently see is either just the word Downloads or the phrase "My PC > Downloads"It does not work to check the box in View Options that says "Display the full path in the title bar", that's checked and it does not work, on my home computer or my work computer Windows 10 Home / Windows 10 Enterprise.How can I always display the full path in the title bar for "special" folders that get aliased, like Downloads, and Documents?

:)

SteveSchmitt2, Nov 11, 2021

2. Display the end of the path in title bar

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern and we would happy to get it sorted for you. The display of the beginning path on the tile bar option can be removed and just the end of the path can be displayed.

We would like you to perform this steps.

1. Open File Explorer and click on
      View
      from the top
    2. Click on Options.
    3. Select View tab from the top.
    4. Uncheck the box beside Display the full path in the title bar.
    5. Then click on Apply
    6. Click OK and the reopen the file explorer and check.

Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar 9bf1cbe0-399e-405d-83d9-390d14522eec?upload=true.jpg

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 11, 2021
  3. MaryCW Win User
    Windows 10 explorer not displaying correct network path in title bar

While there are many things I do like about Windows 10 compared to earlier versions I find it very disconcerting that explorer does not display the correct network path in the title bar. So For the actual path "\\server\documents" I am seeing "This PC > Documents". For me it is always critical I am looking in the right location otherwise there can be serious unwanted consequences. Does anyone know how I can force explorer in Windows 10 to always show the correct path and so avoid any confusion?

MaryCW, Nov 11, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar

Taskbar folder name explorer title bar full path

I don't think you can achieve both at the same time.
    If you uncheck 'Display full path in Title Bar' in Folder Options, then you'll get the single location on the Taskbar Folder, but, then you'll have to rely on the location bar for the full path.

Edwin, Nov 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar

1. Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar - Similar Threads - Explorer display full

2. Windows 11 File Explorer "Display the full path in the title bar" does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer "Display the full path in the title bar" does not work: I am using Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2.I would like the file explorer to always display the proper path when viewing a folder, and the "Display the full path in the title bar" option only works for a few folders.For example my Downloads folder only ever displays "Downloads"...
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer "Display the full path in the title bar" does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer "Display the full path in the title bar" does not work: I am using Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2.I would like the file explorer to always display the proper path when viewing a folder, and the "Display the full path in the title bar" option only works for a few folders.For example my Downloads folder only ever displays "Downloads"...
  4. File path in file explorer moved to title bar

File path in file explorer moved to title bar: By the way, I don't know if this in the correct category, but I assume this is personalization related. In file explorer, the file path used to appear on top of all the files, under the options bar on top, and I was able to click on the files in the path to go to them....
  5. Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar

Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar: In Windows Explorer, when I choose Downloads from the left column, I want this to appear in the title bar:C:\Users\MyUser\DownloadsWhat I currently see is either just the word Downloads or the phrase "My PC > Downloads"It does not work to check the box in View Options that...
  6. Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar: In Windows Explorer, when I choose Downloads from the left column, I want this to appear in the title bar:C:\Users\MyUser\DownloadsWhat I currently see is either just the word Downloads or the phrase "My PC > Downloads"It does not work to check the box in View Options that...
  7. Taskbar folder name explorer title bar full path

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar folder name explorer title bar full path: Hello, I'm looking for a way to display in Taskbar folder name (it can be with elide if there is a space for that in front, actually preferred that) and at the same time full path in Windows Explorer. Currently closes to what I want is this: What I want is: There are two...
  8. Display the end of the path in title bar

Display the end of the path in title bar: In Windows 10, Explorer shows the beginning of the path on task bar thumbnails. Which often enough leads to 4 windows beginning with \\SomeShare\RD\Proj... which doesn't help in the slightest. I remember Windows 7 displaying the end of the path. Is there a way to tell...
  9. Windows 10 explorer not displaying correct network path in title bar

Windows 10 explorer not displaying correct network path in title bar: While there are many things I do like about Windows 10 compared to earlier versions I find it very disconcerting that explorer does not display the correct network path in the title bar. So For the actual path "\\server\documents" I am seeing "This PC > Documents". For me it...
  10. Display Full Path in Title Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Display Full Path in Title Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Display Full Path in Title Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Display Full Path in Title Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to display either the name or full path of the current open folder in the title bar of File...