Windows 10: Windows Explorer window annoyance

Discus and support Windows Explorer window annoyance in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, In windows 8/8.1, when i opened a folder, it would open on the right/top edge of my screen, and every window after that would also open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Valerious, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Valerious Win User

Windows Explorer window annoyance

Hello all,
    In windows 8/8.1, when i opened a folder, it would open on the right/top edge of my screen, and every window after that would also open there. On windows 10, every time i open a folder it seems to just open in a random location on the screen. Not that big of a deal, but its a little annoying having to drag every window i open to where i need it when i didnt have to do that in windows 8. Anyone know of a solution, or is that just the way it is?

Thanks

:)

Valerious, Jul 30, 2015
  2. carolecan Win User

quickprint in edge

One reason why I use Internet Explorer instead of Edge for some web sites. Hope they fix this annoyance in Edge.

carolecan, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Linney Win User
    Petition: stop windows explorer from cascading in windows 10

I guess it is not a problem I have ever noticed as I don't like having excessive amounts of windows open on a machine.

Windows Explorer window annoyance Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 7: ShellFolderFix - Manage folder window positions/size

ShellFolderFix - Manage folder window positions/size - Windows 7 Help Forums

Remember window position?

Remember window position? - Page 7 - Windows 10 Forums

Linney, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

It's not a random location. It's always a little down and to the right of the previous location. Until the right side of the window reaches the edge of the screen, then it starts over at the top.

This bug has been there for a while, and hasn't been addressed. It almost seems like they are doing it deliberately for some reason.

Mystere, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Valerious Win User
    Gotcha. Guess ill keep dealing with it. Thanks for your time.

Valerious, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    It has something to do with opening many windows in short succession so they cascade and not hide behind each other.

Windows Explorer window annoyance [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 31, 2015
  7. GreyWasMyFriend Win User
    GreyWasMyFriend, Aug 11, 2015
  8. Steve78 Win User

I have this issue too. It also occurred in the Preview builds so I'm amazed they haven't fixed such an obvious and annoying bug. This should have been resolved long before the RTM build was compiled & released to the public.

Steve78, Aug 11, 2015
  9. Mystere Win User
    I think only a tiny fraction of people find it "obvious" or "annoying". I didn't even notice until it was brought up in this forum. Most people are probably the same.

Mystere, Aug 11, 2015
  10. Olivir2014 Win User
    This. I have never more than two File Explorer Windows open, a single one mostly.

Olivir2014, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer window annoyance - Similar Threads - Explorer window annoyance

2. Some annoying window render issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Some annoying window render issues: This has been happening for at least half a year. I have firefox in start-up... when it starts there is something wrong with the interface... i cant access the submenus in the menu bar and i cant access the right-click menu... i have to shut firefox down and start it again...
  3. Windows 10 lock screen annoyance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 lock screen annoyance: When I start up my computer I get a picture with time and date embossed upon it. After several mouse clicks I get to my sign-in page. Can someone please tell me now to arrange it so that the computer starts up in the sign in page 60824
  4. Annoying Internet Explorer file...

in Browsers and Email
    Annoying Internet Explorer file...: (I don't use Internet Explorer, I've always had it 'disabled' in the 'Add/remove Windows Components' section...) Recently, I've noticed a file (see attached screenshot) that constantly keeps reappearing/regenerating itself even after cleaning (I use CCleaner). I just...
  5. "Windows Defender needs to..." it's annoying...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Windows Defender needs to..." it's annoying...: Hi, friends, Scheduling a task did not avoid this annoying daily notification. How can I stop this? I don't want another antivirus software (I have a legal Karspersky subscription, but it was turning my laptop slow), I simply want WD stopping this boring alert. What...
  6. Windows Defender annoying message!!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender annoying message!!!!: "This app has been turned off and isn't monitoring your computer" Appears at every reboot. How do I turn off this f*@king message? I've uninstalled Avira and now have only MSE running which according to MS is now called/migrated to Windows Defender and built in to...
  7. Several annoying issues with Explorer, can someone provide assistance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several annoying issues with Explorer, can someone provide assistance?: Hi, I am using Win 10 x64 Pro, clean installation. 1. Recent folders in explorer jump list are not updating. [img] They seem to be random folders from my second HDD and clicking on them says the folder has been moved (which is not true) and it offers to delete the...
  8. Annoying.. :(

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying.. :(: I can't empty my recycle bin. I don't know what caused it, or how it could even happen. I need the extra storage, and i'm on a roadtrip without my external harddrive. 31003
  9. 1 very annoying file explorer habit

in Windows 10 Support
    1 very annoying file explorer habit: I open file explorer and start boring down to my intended destination. When I'm about there, explorer I guess has now found the network and the left panel of explorer scoots back to the top. Is there a setting, like maybe delay looking for the network after explorer is opened...
  10. File explorer annoyance

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer annoyance: I took the option to upgrade from W7 quite early on and in the main I am a happy bunny - really liked W7/hated W8 although it had some meat features. I think W10 gives the best of both worlds but there is one thing that really bugs me ... triplication of folders showing in...