Windows 10: Windows Explorer window intermittently won't drag in Windows 11.

Discus and support Windows Explorer window intermittently won't drag in Windows 11. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hopefully I can be specific and clear here. Intermittently, I open a Windows Explorer folder window and I can't drag the window. I CAN drag and drop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TerryReagan, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Windows Explorer window intermittently won't drag in Windows 11.

Hopefully I can be specific and clear here. Intermittently, I open a Windows Explorer folder window and I can't drag the window. I CAN drag and drop the files from that window to another window. But I can't drag the window across the desktop. I left click and hold as usual, but there is no response. I maximize and minimize, but still can't drag the window. After a few minutes, it's working again. I can once again drag the window. This is happening several times a day. It doesn't happen most of the time. When it does happen, it's very annoying, especially if I'm opening two windows to drag a fi

:)

TerryReagan, Aug 14, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Aug 14, 2022
  4. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer window intermittently won't drag in Windows 11.

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Windows Explorer window intermittently won't drag in Windows 11. :p

Frick, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

Windows Explorer window intermittently won't drag in Windows 11.

1. Windows Explorer window intermittently won't drag in Windows 11. - Similar Threads - Explorer window intermittently

2. Windows 11 Explorer Drag&Drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Explorer Drag&Drop: After new updates Explorer Drag&Drop function is removed for being unpopular. I think this is a great mistake. Sorry to let you know that I'm gonna quit using Windows after this update. Thanks...
  3. Windows 11 Explorer Drag&Drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Explorer Drag&Drop: After new updates Explorer Drag&Drop function is removed for being unpopular. I think this is a great mistake. Sorry to let you know that I'm gonna quit using Windows after this update. Thanks...
  4. can't drag and drop files in file explorer for windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't drag and drop files in file explorer for windows 11: After waking my computer I have to restart it every time to move files like my course books and papers for school. I found some troubleshooting tips online that dealt with the Task Manager, CMD Prompt, and Powershell but none of them fixed the problem. This is anytime my...
  5. can't drag and drop files in file explorer for windows 11

can't drag and drop files in file explorer for windows 11: After waking my computer I have to restart it every time to move files like my course books and papers for school. I found some troubleshooting tips online that dealt with the Task Manager, CMD Prompt, and Powershell but none of them fixed the problem. This is anytime my...
  6. How to drag Explorer Tab to a New window in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to drag Explorer Tab to a New window in Windows 11: [IMG]The Tabs feature is now available in File Explorer. You can use Tabs in File Explorer to open multiple folders and drives on separate tabs in a single window, copy files and folders between tabs, switch between opened tabs, rearrange tabs, and more. This feature is...
  7. Windows Explorer window intermittently won't drag in Windows 11.

Windows Explorer window intermittently won't drag in Windows 11.: Hopefully I can be specific and clear here. Intermittently, I open a Windows Explorer folder window and I can't drag the window. I CAN drag and drop the files from that window to another window. But I can't drag the window across the desktop. I left click and hold as usual,...
  8. Windows 11 Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Drag and Drop: Previously in Windows 10, you would be able to drag any app on the Start Menu to your desktop to make a shortcut. I've found that in Windows 11 you are not able to do this. I know there's shortcut paths to folders and web-downloaded apps for .exe's, but for something like a...
  9. Drag and drop in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and drop in Windows 11: Why is drag and drop option not working in Windows 11?In Windows 10, I could easily use this option to attach a file in the browser or add a file to taskbar. But in Win 11, this option seems to be disabled....
  10. Drag from browser to Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag from browser to Windows Explorer: When I select in the Address Bar of a browser (Microsoft Edge or Mozilla Firefox) the icon in front of te site entered and drag it to an open window in de windows explorer I get a schortcut to that site in that window. Now all of a sudden I get a forbidden sign (crossed...