Windows 10: Windows Explorer won't load and Windows doesn't shut down / restart

Discus and support Windows Explorer won't load and Windows doesn't shut down / restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, I've been having some weird problems and I have no idea what caused it all, I haven't been changing anything in any properties and there was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chris1994, Jun 8, 2020.

1. chris1994 Win User

Windows Explorer won't load and Windows doesn't shut down / restart

Hey guys, I've been having some weird problems and I have no idea what caused it all, I haven't been changing anything in any properties and there was no major Windows Update that I'm aware of.

First of all, Windows won't shut down anymore or restart, it just gets stuck forever on the shutting down / restarting screen, and I have to do a hard manual shut down or reset.

Secondly, the Windows Explorer won't load any folder anymore. As soon as I try opening a library or the like, it gets stuck on the loading screen. I can't even manually via the task manager shut down the Windows Explorer, if I try something like that, or just otherwise try to brute-force the problem, the whole screen, not just the Explorer, freezes up and I have no other other option than to again manually restart the pc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Windows 10 Version 1903 (Build 18362.836)

:)

chris1994, Jun 8, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows Explorer won't load and Windows doesn't shut down / restart [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 8, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows Explorer won't load and Windows doesn't shut down / restart [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jun 8, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer won't load and Windows doesn't shut down / restart - Similar Threads - Explorer won't load

2. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...: When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting down.../restarting..." screen and gets stuckthe only work around is if windows needs to restart for an update, or physically turning off the pc and turning it on again with the power button....
  3. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...: When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting down.../restarting..." screen and gets stuckthe only work around is if windows needs to restart for an update, or physically turning off the pc and turning it on again with the power button....
  4. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop won't restart or shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't restart or shut down: If I attempt to restart the laptop it shows the black screen with the dots rotating with the "restarting" text on it and nothing happens, If I try to shut down the same happens only with the "shutting down" text. I tried shutting down all programs before turning off and It...
  6. Laptop won't restart or shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't restart or shut down: If I attempt to restart the laptop it shows the black screen with the dots rotating with the "restarting" text on it and nothing happens, If I try to shut down the same happens only with the "shutting down" text. I tried shutting down all programs before turning off and It...
  7. PC won't shut down or restart.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won't shut down or restart.: Hi all, this is fairly simple to explain, so I'm gonna have 2 categories. 1: The Shutdown Basically, whenever I press on shutdown, or shutdown from my PC button, my Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard lose power, however my PC is still on. 2: The Restart This one is the easiest to...
  8. Windows doesn't shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows doesn't shut down: Hey there, since I resolved my bluescreen error (Continues BSOD - Different Errorcodes), I have the problem, that I can only shutdown my pc using cmd (shutdown /s) or using the power button? Do you have any idea, what could be the problem? Thanks for all, Lars Build: 1909...
  9. windows 10 won't restart only shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 won't restart only shut down: my windows vs. 1809 run okay.. until I want to restart with no programs open the PC starts to shut down to restart ,, the monitor goes black.., then the monitor goes to sleep, ( no signal to monitor) the it just sits there for many many minutes until I manually shut down with...
  10. Windows doesn't shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows doesn't shut down: Hi! After last big Windows 10 update (probably KB4048955), my computer doesn't shut down. I choose "shut down", but when I try to turn computer on, I'm still logged in. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Fast startup is off. Thank you for reply! *Smile 98609