Windows 10: Windows Explorer won't recognize BluRay, DVD or CD disc files with new Blu Ray Drive (WH16NS40)

Discus and support Windows Explorer won't recognize BluRay, DVD or CD disc files with new Blu Ray Drive (WH16NS40) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently built a new PC and I am using Windows 10 Pro. I installed a new OEM version of the LG Internal SATA 16x Super Multi Blue (WH16NS40). When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by digiSweetness, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Windows Explorer won't recognize BluRay, DVD or CD disc files with new Blu Ray Drive (WH16NS40)

I recently built a new PC and I am using Windows 10 Pro. I installed a new OEM version of the LG Internal SATA 16x Super Multi Blue (WH16NS40). When I try to view any type of disc within Windows File Explorer the contents do not show up. File Explorer will essentially eject the drive and ask for a disk again. If I put a DVD or Blu Ray, I get an error. Even after the error the drive is accessible via certain software as mentioned below.

The drive is detected properly, however, in Device Manager. I tried uninstalling the device and then restarting the PC, which then automatically installed the driver again. I observed the same behavior after the uninstall and reinstall of the device.

I am able to access Blu Ray and DVD discs via the open source software MakeMKV. So, the drive does seem to work when using the proper software. I am unable, however, to listen to a simple Audio CD or view files on a regular CD containing data. This is a problem because I will not be able to install any software from a disc. Also, I am attempting to setup a Hyper-V virtual machine using an old Windows XP disc, which doesn't work because my host machine doesn't recognize any discs.

I have tried updating the firmware to 1.03 from LG's site, but the drive I received in the mail already has 1.03 installed as the firmware and I was unable to flash.

Any help will be much appreciated before I send the drive back. I have seen other posts that say they have similar issues with optical drives.

:)

digiSweetness, Nov 21, 2019

2. Some bluray discs are not recognized others are

winver 1903 build 18326.387

Commercial blu rays. Some are recognized immediately others not at all. I have 2 internal bd roms and the firmware is current for both. Cd and dvd are fine and recognized. So the drives are fine and the Bly ray discs are fine.... windows just doesn't recognize
    the discs.

Suggestions please

JayHammond1, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Blu ray disc corrupt

I just have bad luck with burning blu ray discs with WH16NS40 apparently. Windows explorer once again gives me error while transferring files from hdd to blu ray disc. I was transferring a huge amount of files 40gb to 50gb blu ray disc & then the transfer stopped unexpectedly error message. Now the blu ray disc is corrupt & has less capacity only 23 gb how can I repair this corrupt blu ray disc?

kennyreid95, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Bachalo Win User

Windows Explorer won't recognize BluRay, DVD or CD disc files with new Blu Ray Drive (WH16NS40)

Nero2016 doesn't recognize my Blu ray drive as being able to burn Blu-rays

Purchased Nero 2016 recently with the intent to burn BluRays for archiving.

I have an Asus N56VZ laptop running Windows 10. The combo drive is a MATSHITA-BD-CMB UJ160 which I have been told by Asus tech support as being Blu-ray comatible.

However, whenever I try and burn a Blu-ray disc I get the following error in Nero BurningROM 2016 (and I definitely have the correct recorder chosen in the recorder drop down).

Bachalo, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows Explorer won't recognize BluRay, DVD or CD disc files with new Blu Ray Drive (WH16NS40)

1. Windows Explorer won't recognize BluRay, DVD or CD disc files with new Blu Ray Drive (WH16NS40) - Similar Threads - Explorer won't recognize

2. Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H is not recognized by my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H is not recognized by my laptop: My Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H is not recognized by my laptop. The drive came with the laptop new, and it always worked. Sometime after upgrading to Windows 10 Home, it stopped working. I have not pursued the issue but now I would like to have this unit working again. I have...
  3. Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H is not recognized by my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H is not recognized by my laptop: My Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H is not recognized by my laptop. The drive came with the laptop new, and it always worked. Sometime after upgrading to Windows 10 Home, it stopped working. I have not pursued the issue but now I would like to have this unit working again. I have...
  4. Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H is not recognized by my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 Recognizing Blu-ray Drive as CD/DVD-ROM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Recognizing Blu-ray Drive as CD/DVD-ROM: Hi,I take part of the blame of this as I bought a "cheap" Blu-ray drive, but this is driving me mad. Windows 11 recognizes the drive, but only as a CD/DVD-ROM. It recognizes CDs and DVDs, but not a Blu-ray. I've tried updating drivers through Windows but it insists the "best...
  6. Windows 11 Recognizing Blu-ray Drive as CD/DVD-ROM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Recognizing Blu-ray Drive as CD/DVD-ROM: Hi,I take part of the blame of this as I bought a "cheap" Blu-ray drive, but this is driving me mad. Windows 11 recognizes the drive, but only as a CD/DVD-ROM. It recognizes CDs and DVDs, but not a Blu-ray. I've tried updating drivers through Windows but it insists the "best...
  7. BluRay Drive LG WH16NS40 Not Detected by Windows

BluRay Drive LG WH16NS40 Not Detected by Windows: Hi! I use an HP laptop with Windows 10. And for the life of me, I cannot get the system to detect the internal Bluray drive I purchased secondhand to burn a few discs. The drive is connected via an SATA to USB cable, but it does not show up anywhere in the device manager...
  8. Blu-Ray disc support

Blu-Ray disc support: Blu-Ray triple-layer 100GB re-writable discs - what is the best software to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blu-ray-disc-support/e87e512c-da5e-41a6-95bc-58a6d26a41ab
  9. DVD blu ray drive

DVD blu ray drive: 16x BLU-RAY WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW This is disgustingly slow when picking up CD,s dvds, and then asking me what I want to do with it. When I click on setup.exe for example, it takes about 30-40 seconds to 'wind up' and run. It must be the drivers. Its not win 10,...
  10. Blu-ray Disc Association New Ultra HD Blu-ray Specification and Logo

in Windows 10 News
    Blu-ray Disc Association New Ultra HD Blu-ray Specification and Logo: [img] Format Licensing on Schedule to Commence Summer 2015 LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) today announced completion of the Ultra HD Blu-ray™ specification and released the new logo that will delineate Ultra HD Blu-ray products. The...