Windows 10: Windows Explorer

Discus and support Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Does anyone have any hints as to how to get the Quick Access section of Windows Explorer to actually load in Win 11? I have tried a bunch of fixes in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Fletcher Smith1, Jun 20, 2024.

1. Windows Explorer

Does anyone have any hints as to how to get the Quick Access section of Windows Explorer to actually load in Win 11? I have tried a bunch of fixes in the past, and every time Microsoft pushes an update it reverts to its default behavior. Often times "This PC" will not load in the left pane, resulting in necessitating typing out filepaths by hand.How is it possible the Microsoft has nearly bricked an integral part of the user interface?I am about to replace an old workstation that I use for creative work, and I have no desire to replace it with Win 11. The OS is a hot mess.

:)

Fletcher Smith1, Jun 20, 2024

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jun 20, 2024
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 20, 2024
  4. mixa Win User

Windows Explorer

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows Explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

Windows Explorer

1. Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Explorer

2. Temporary Internet Files of Internet Explorer without Internet Explorer itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary Internet Files of Internet Explorer without Internet Explorer itself.: I uninstalled my Internet Explorer long time ago. But each time when I clean my computer with CCleaner I have an entry like this: Internet Explorer - Temporary Internet Files 196,831 KB 732 files What's going on?...
  3. Temporary Internet Files of Internet Explorer without Internet Explorer itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary Internet Files of Internet Explorer without Internet Explorer itself.: I uninstalled my Internet Explorer long time ago. But each time when I clean my computer with CCleaner I have an entry like this: Internet Explorer - Temporary Internet Files 196,831 KB 732 files What's going on?...
  4. Temporary Internet Files of Internet Explorer without Internet Explorer itself.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Deleted Partition with Documents Folder. But my "File Explorer" tab disappeared from status...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Partition with Documents Folder. But my "File Explorer" tab disappeared from status...: I have SSD drive partitioned as drive C: system and drive D: Documents after moving from user default Drive C: Drive C space was getting low and expanding it made sense. But Disk Manager could not expand C: unless I first deleted partition D: I deleted partition D, Expanded...
  6. Deleted Partition with Documents Folder. But my "File Explorer" tab disappeared from status...

Deleted Partition with Documents Folder. But my "File Explorer" tab disappeared from status...: I have SSD drive partitioned as drive C: system and drive D: Documents after moving from user default Drive C: Drive C space was getting low and expanding it made sense. But Disk Manager could not expand C: unless I first deleted partition D: I deleted partition D, Expanded...
  7. My File Explorer small size and have black background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My File Explorer small size and have black background: my windows is 11 , i just open my pc now and i saw it like this it is the only icon small not like the other https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-file-explorer-small-size-and-have-black/db8cfd9a-31da-4166-9c3d-6e7290df25a3
  8. My File Explorer small size and have black background

My File Explorer small size and have black background: my windows is 11 , i just open my pc now and i saw it like this it is the only icon small not like the other https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-file-explorer-small-size-and-have-black/db8cfd9a-31da-4166-9c3d-6e7290df25a3
  9. Thumbnails do not load well in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails do not load well in File Explorer: Most files I open in File Explorer containing photos do not load thumbnails well. I can leave the file open for 10+ minutes and the thumbnails will still not pop up. This makes finding the right photos at a glance very difficult because otherwise I have to open each...
  10. Thumbnails do not load well in File Explorer

Thumbnails do not load well in File Explorer: Most files I open in File Explorer containing photos do not load thumbnails well. I can leave the file open for 10+ minutes and the thumbnails will still not pop up. This makes finding the right photos at a glance very difficult because otherwise I have to open each...