Windows 10: Windows Explorer

Discus and support Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; something strange. Just done a few updates and my file explorer has gone from white background to black. Any ideas, and how to turn it back to white. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by elbmek, Mar 5, 2019.

1. elbmek Win User

Windows Explorer

something strange. Just done a few updates and my file explorer has gone from white background to black. Any ideas, and how to turn it back to white. I dont like it at all. *Devil

:)

elbmek, Mar 5, 2019

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2019
  4. mixa Win User

Windows Explorer

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows Explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows Explorer

1. Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Explorer

2. File Explorer Quick Access Menu not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Quick Access Menu not working: Hi, I accidentally destroyed my quick access menu inside the file explorer: Quick Access does not contain anything [ATTACH] Some registry folder I found on the internet which might something to do with it [ATTACH] What happens if I try to add a folder [ATTACH] The...
  3. File Explorer explanation

File Explorer explanation: I was trying to follow a previous thread regarding the multiple document folders. Is there a explanation of the purpose of these folders? I have files going to different places making it difficult to stay organized....
  4. Windows explorer freezes when trying to create a new foleder on right-click drop-down menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer freezes when trying to create a new foleder on right-click drop-down menu: I have seen many posts in that regard on the Internet net but none helped or else were not applicable. From the Control Panel maintenance section I managed to find the following problem report: Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped working Date ‎19/‎05/‎2019 17:07...
  5. just bought this computer. explorer only shows up on the bottom 3/4 of my screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    just bought this computer. explorer only shows up on the bottom 3/4 of my screen.: Explorer only shows up on the bottom 3/4 of my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-bought-this-computer-explorer-only-shows-up/9ed87b4d-7810-4e2a-a52b-2dde7080dfe7
  6. File Explorer

File Explorer: How do you get the letter and number off:(vA-H(1) ?It isn't sorted right. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer/bfdb8593-354f-4e96-8e2d-0959b3a6e7f0"
  7. File explorer does not open - appears only as an icon on taskbar but will not maximise

File explorer does not open - appears only as an icon on taskbar but will not maximise: For about 2 weeks the File Explorer will not function - regardless of from where I try it, will only appear as small icon on Taskbar. The icon will not maximise though if mouse hoovers over it opens in miniature (but no good). If I go into Word or PDF I can pen the relevant...
  8. Internet Explorer, Edge and Favourites.

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer, Edge and Favourites.: I use IE and Edge mainly because some sites do not seem to work well in IE now. I like IE and have a hundred or more favourites saved in folders. I recently imported these to Edge but I have a small problem. If I save a new favourite to IE I then have to repeat the process in...
  9. Is there any way to disable the "contextual tabs" in File Explorer?

Is there any way to disable the "contextual tabs" in File Explorer?: I would like to disable the "contextual tabs" in file explorer - the ones that turn pink/green/yellow when clicking on an item and changing to things like "Picture tools", "Video tools", "Compressed Folder Tools", "Drive Tools", etc. I find these tabs very distracting and I...
  10. windows explorer

windows explorer: in windows 7, I had "windows explorer" where I could clean up docs. Is there such a thing on the 10 version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer/bc920cca-36e0-48f7-822d-dce47ac7d1cf"