Windows 10: Windows Explorer

Discus and support Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; something strange. Just done a few updates and my file explorer has gone from white background to black. Any ideas, and how to turn it back to white. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by elbmek, Mar 5, 2019.

1. elbmek Win User

Windows Explorer

something strange. Just done a few updates and my file explorer has gone from white background to black. Any ideas, and how to turn it back to white. I dont like it at all. *Devil

:)

elbmek, Mar 5, 2019

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2019
  4. mixa Win User

Windows Explorer

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows Explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows Explorer

1. Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Explorer

2. Windows 10 Kiosk setup for internet explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Kiosk setup for internet explorer: How do I set up a kiosk account in windows 10 to open in a specific link in internet explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-kiosk-setup-for-internet-explorer/fc59876d-62e9-45ef-805f-ba6eec9742e9
  3. Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.: Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday. When I try to open the context menu for an executable to, let´s say, launch it as administrator, the cursor appears as loading and the context menu won't appear. I can right-click folders and images, my problem seems to be only...
  4. Internet Explorer problem

Internet Explorer problem: So I recently got a surface book 2, Im currently in my hotel trying to set it up but whenever I go on google or any site (even the microsoft store) it says: (this site is not secure, this means that someone is trying to fool you or steal your info). Is this happening because...
  5. Wildcard Selection in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wildcard Selection in Explorer: Is there an app or program that allows wildcard selection of items in explorer before a copy/cut/ action? Right click or menu bar or both. Alternatively, does anyone recommend a good shell extension coder that can help? I found code for a context menu wild card selection...
  6. Unable to Open File Explorer

Unable to Open File Explorer: Dear Team, I am unable to open file explorer or any other folders on my windows 10 desktop. I tried almost all the methods suggested in the online search results but nothing. When i click on any folder or File Explorer icon on task bar, it just dosent give any response at...
  7. How can I set a default Windows explorer search view ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I set a default Windows explorer search view ?: Hello, I'm posting this message because I've tried many solutions. I have Windows 10. When searching in the explorer windows, or from the "see more" in the windows bar search, the view (icon size, sort by and group by) is not as I would like it to be, and I can't change it....
  8. Streaking/smearing graphics when scrolling in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Streaking/smearing graphics when scrolling in Windows 10 File Explorer: Hello, I've been having the same issue with Windows File Explorer since I purchased Dell XPS 15 9570 a litlle less than a year ago. There was numerous problems with the system and it took Dell almost a full year to fix everything, changing multiple parts several times,...
  9. windows Explorer Freezing

windows Explorer Freezing: For about 2-3 months, my windows explorer has been freezing up. It happens when I attempt to move it across multiple screens or if I use the windows button to maximize or half-size it. It doesn't always happen, and it seems like it happens more often when I move it quickly,...
  10. Explorer keeps crashing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer keeps crashing Windows 10: Hello, I have a peculiar problem. Every time I click (left & right) on a file, the cursor starts looping and explorer crashes. This does not happen with folders. I have tried everything on the internet, ran SFC and DISM repair, and updated. I have disabled all third-party...