Windows 10: Windows explorer

Discus and support Windows explorer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am using Windows 10 home since the past 15 months. Previously i was using Windows 7. Recently since the past 1 week windows explorer has become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SiddharthaKumar, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Windows explorer

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 home since the past 15 months. Previously i was using Windows 7. Recently since the past 1 week windows explorer has become slow and keeps hanging. When i right click mouse button in windows explorer to create a new word doc or excel spreadsheet then windows explorer hangs.

Can somebody please help.

Thanks and regards

Siddhartha Kumar.

:)

SiddharthaKumar, Feb 3, 2020

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 3, 2020
  4. mixa Win User

Windows explorer

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows explorer

1. Windows explorer - Similar Threads - explorer

2. How to set Windows Explorer search result DEFAULTS in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to set Windows Explorer search result DEFAULTS in Windows 10: Hi all, This only started happening recently, but whenever I search for something in Windows Explorer on Windows 10 now, the results are delivered as View: Content and Sort: Name. If I change View to List or Details, and change Sort to Type, the next time I start another...
  3. PIN unavailable, unable to make new PIN, windows explorer runs very slowly, cannot reset PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN unavailable, unable to make new PIN, windows explorer runs very slowly, cannot reset PC: it all started yesterday, april 1st 2020. in the morning i tried to turn on my laptop. when logging into windows, i usually use my fingerprint, but it was unavailable since my PIN was suddenly unavailable. the text"something happened and your PIN isn't available" appeared. i...
  4. Notepad and Windows Explorer keyboard shortcut bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad and Windows Explorer keyboard shortcut bug: Hi everyone, I have recently realized that my Notepad and Windows Explorer don't function properly with the keyboard shortcuts provided by Windows. This issue seems to be language specific. Notepad: In summary, I am using Portuguese as the display language for Windows...
  5. Task Bar/File Explorer Hanging constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Bar/File Explorer Hanging constantly: I am having a problem when I click on a pinned program on the taskbar, it hangs for a while, then when I click on the pinned program again, it works. I think it is the file explorer behind the scene restarting. This is happening about every 5 to 10 minutes. It makes work...
  6. The Default Windows 10 File Explorer.

The Default Windows 10 File Explorer.: Is there any way of completely changing the default Windows File Explorer to another one? As to set the new File Explorer to the default, so when a folder opens the new File Explorer opens it and not the Build-In one. In my case is I'm using a custom File Explorer and I want...
  7. Set Double Click of Office files in Explorer to "View online"?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Set Double Click of Office files in Explorer to "View online"?: I'm setting up Office 365 with syncing to local folders for those that have a workflow that requires Explorer instead of navigating files and folder in SharePoint/Teams. I'm also testing how to use ONLY the online version of Office. I found that I can right click an Office...
  8. Windows 10 File Explorer Looks Weird

Windows 10 File Explorer Looks Weird: Hello, I dont know what happened to my file explorer. I really need help. How do I make my file explorer get back to its normal style? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-explorer-looks-weird/d1538202-a5b1-4c13-bcc3-f5efcdc76ac7
  9. Anyone else's drive labels occasionally not displaying in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else's drive labels occasionally not displaying in file explorer?: What it says in the title. It appears to only occur sometimes in file explorer. The drive isn't actually unlabelled, but it appears to be. I have an external hard drive named "STORAGE", which ends up appearing as "Local Disk" occasionally when I use my computer for the day....
  10. Windows Explorer not displaying correctly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer not displaying correctly.: [IMG]I found this article of someone with the same issue but their steps were inconclusive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-not-displaying-correctly/212c2c36-106d-4e8a-b0f2-cb7988de15ef