Windows 10: Windows Explorerer malfunctioning

Discus and support Windows Explorerer malfunctioning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For some time now I have had an issue with Explorer.exe doing some weird things. Often if I leave my system idling overnight I will see problems in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by No Dice, Jan 13, 2021.

1. No Dice Win User

Windows Explorerer malfunctioning

For some time now I have had an issue with Explorer.exe doing some weird things. Often if I leave my system idling overnight I will see problems in the morning

The main symptoms and how I notice something is wrong it varies from only problem 1 or a combination of all of them

1. Display settings from right-click menu loads as a blue box and unresponsive, or when accessed from settings menu will not load and settings become unresponsive
    2. Taskbar is gone
    3. Windows search box is gone or unresponsive
    4. Windows start button unresponsive
    5. right-click on desktop menus will not load instead I get a thin grey bar

Often when I leave the system idling for a long period of time for example over-night I find all 5 symptoms

If I CTRL+ALT+DEL and bring up Task Manager and I restart Windows Explorer it will fix problems 2-5 but not always problem #1 and I will either have to restart Windows Explorer multiple times or failing that restart my system

I am running the Ultimate performance power plan, Monitors shut off after 15 mins and the computer is set to never go to sleep.

I have a 3 monitor setup 2 1920x1080 and 1 2560x1080 I often swap from having the dual 1080 monitors being duplicated to extended as I sometimes use a separate input for one of them to be connected to a laptop.

I have tried to do a repair installation

:)

No Dice, Jan 13, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Windows Explorerer malfunctioning

Why cant I see my iphone in windows explorere

Why cant I see my iphone in windows explorere

RICK CULOTTA, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorerer malfunctioning

1. Windows Explorerer malfunctioning - Similar Threads - Explorerer malfunctioning

2. Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...: I just purchased this Nighthwak AXE3000 wifi usb adapter with usb 3.0 adaptability.The adapter works when plugged in to usb 2,0 and 3.0. It DOES NOT work when the extension cord is used via 3.0. The adapater on the extension cord, just becomes unrecognizable due to supposed...
  3. Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...: I just purchased this Nighthwak AXE3000 wifi usb adapter with usb 3.0 adaptability.The adapter works when plugged in to usb 2,0 and 3.0. It DOES NOT work when the extension cord is used via 3.0. The adapater on the extension cord, just becomes unrecognizable due to supposed...
  4. File Explorere change in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorere change in Windows 11: In Windows 11, is there a way to change the default folder destination for edited copies of files to be the folder in which the original file being edited is stored - just like it was in Windows 10 and I believe every version prior to 11?...
  5. File Explorere change in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorere change in Windows 11: In Windows 11, is there a way to change the default folder destination for edited copies of files to be the folder in which the original file being edited is stored - just like it was in Windows 10 and I believe every version prior to 11?...
  6. file explorere and task manager icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorere and task manager icon: My pc working fine. Today I just open my pc I saw something strange that start menu and task bar icon not there and also file explorer not working and most of windows 11 app like note pad, windows sequirity, snipping tool ETC not woking. Plz give me some solution....
  7. file explorere and task manager icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorere and task manager icon: My pc working fine. Today I just open my pc I saw something strange that start menu and task bar icon not there and also file explorer not working and most of windows 11 app like note pad, windows sequirity, snipping tool ETC not woking. Plz give me some solution....
  8. file explorere crashes whenever i try to open a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorere crashes whenever i try to open a folder: whenever i try to open specific folders or apps the loading cursor icon appears and file explorer stops working.I always have task manage open so i just restart it from there.i noticed it only happens when trying to open Spotify. I can't even right click on it to delete it...
  9. file explorere search still doesn't work correctly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file explorere search still doesn't work correctly.: I use file explorer to search through my documents and it doesn't find all the relevant files. What is really annoying is when it fails to find the file by the file's name. Even when I put in the full name with extension, it will not find the file. The tool hasn't worked...
  10. Explorere Quick access automatic pins

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorere Quick access automatic pins: Is there any way to prevent Quick access from automatically pinning new stuff to it without disabling it? I would like to add my own shortcuts there manually and leave it that way if possible. 115577