Windows 10: Windows explorer's "file count" still doesn't work

Discus and support Windows explorer's "file count" still doesn't work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft,It's been six years since this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by A disappointed user, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Windows explorer's "file count" still doesn't work

Dear Microsoft,It's been six years since this issue:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-added-the-file-count-column-to-my-folder-in/d7ac6505-265f-4e55-b89f-1310f1eaec7cWhy it still doesn't work?And "for the love of god" why the size column in details view of windows explorer doesn't show the size of the folders?!Please don't give me "update blah blah" or "turn blah blah on" or whatever dock tape solution you can think of!I have a fresh installation on window 10 enterprise edition, just tell me and others why it doesn't work?I solved my issue by a python script which

:)

A disappointed user, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

Windows explorer's "file count" still doesn't work

1. Windows explorer's "file count" still doesn't work - Similar Threads - explorer's file count

2. File Count does not appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Count does not appear in File Explorer: In every version of Windows I have had including most recently Windows 10 there has been a file count in the lower left corner of Explorer. It shows the total number of files in the folder. If I highlight some files, it shows both the total number of files and the number I...
  3. File Count does not appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Count does not appear in File Explorer: In every version of Windows I have had including most recently Windows 10 there has been a file count in the lower left corner of Explorer. It shows the total number of files in the folder. If I highlight some files, it shows both the total number of files and the number I...
  4. Windows explorer's "file count" still doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer's "file count" still doesn't work: Dear Microsoft,It's been six years since this issue:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-added-the-file-count-column-to-my-folder-in/d7ac6505-265f-4e55-b89f-1310f1eaec7cWhy it still doesn't work?And "for the love of god" why the size column in details...
  5. Windows explorer's "file count" still doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer's "file count" still doesn't work: Dear Microsoft,It's been six years since this issue:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-added-the-file-count-column-to-my-folder-in/d7ac6505-265f-4e55-b89f-1310f1eaec7cWhy it still doesn't work?And "for the love of god" why the size column in details...
  6. Why Does File Explorer's "word count" never work?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Does File Explorer's "word count" never work?: When you select word count to be displayed for file properties in File Explorer, it never, or barely works, as you can see from this screenshot. How is it possible that such a basic feature doesn't work. Isn't both Windows 10 and MS Office made by the same company? 173352
  7. File explorer file count and size missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer file count and size missing: I just noticed this and I don't know if it's a new "feature" or bug; the File Explorer when I would select a group of files, at the very bottom of the File Explorer the is would list out how many files I selected. Or if I select a file, it would read out the size of such...
  8. Word count in Windows Explorer doesn't work

Word count in Windows Explorer doesn't work: In a folder filled with regular .docx files, not a single one is showing "word count" value. I have no idea why this file property category doesn't work, but is there some other software to count words of each file within a folder? submitted by /u/DamienBlackrock [link]...
  9. Windows File Explorer Doesn't Work

Windows File Explorer Doesn't Work: [IMG] When I open the following file path on my device, the CPU immediately goes from 0%-100% in task manager and the app stops responding. This happens when I click anywhere in the window. What I mean by that is if I click on the file, try to rename it, highlight...
  10. Windows Explorer Properties File Size and Folder / File Count not working accurately

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Properties File Size and Folder / File Count not working accurately: When you try to establish file sizes (right click-properties), e.g. for fitting on a backup flash drive / or copying, the file sizes in folders, and the files and sub-folders count is not complete / accurate, and represents a fraction of the total. This makes administration...