Windows 10: WIndows Explroer Search Unavailable

Discus and support WIndows Explroer Search Unavailable in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello everyone.. I have a problem that really make me frustrated related to Searching in Windows Explorer For more than a month this problem has... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Han_Masatoka, Sep 3, 2019.

1. WIndows Explroer Search Unavailable

Hello everyone..

I have a problem that really make me frustrated related to Searching in Windows Explorer For more than a month this problem has arisen,

I have complained through feedbackhub, but there is no answer that solves the problem

note, this *is not CORTANA / WINDOWS 10 SEARCH* but *Search in Windows Explorer*, the case is search column in my Windows Explorer can't be clicked, and I can't type in the search column, no matter how many clicks, still can't type... it seem Windows Explroer Search is unavailabe...

:)

Han_Masatoka, Sep 3, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 3, 2019
  3. sdpate Win User
    Cortana / Search are not working - Selected Locations (unavailable)

When did this issue start? - I don't know

Are you getting any error messages when performing the action? - no but it is not searching my hard drives

What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? - ran the Search troubleshooter

Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this issue? - not that I know

Why does it say the drives are unavailable when ticked?

sdpate, Sep 3, 2019
  4. enso Win User

WIndows Explroer Search Unavailable

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

WIndows Explroer Search Unavailable

1. WIndows Explroer Search Unavailable - Similar Threads - Explroer Search Unavailable

2. Why when I do a search in file explroer, the files are not populating below the search...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why when I do a search in file explroer, the files are not populating below the search...: Why now it automatically reflects the search results as I type see first image.As I recall, the behavior of the file explorer has changed. Previously, it wouldn't start searching until I pressed enter after typing the search text in the search box. Additionally, I remember it...
  3. Why when I do a search in file explroer, the files are not populating below the search...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why when I do a search in file explroer, the files are not populating below the search...: Why now it automatically reflects the search results as I type see first image.As I recall, the behavior of the file explorer has changed. Previously, it wouldn't start searching until I pressed enter after typing the search text in the search box. Additionally, I remember it...
  4. Why when I do a search in file explroer, the files are not populating below the search...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Hello Unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Unavailable: Recently, my Windows Hello has stopped working. It now says that all the sign-in options are unavailable and the buttons to reset the PIN, etc are all grey now meaning I can't even click them. I've tried the following solutions:- rebooting my PC- checking for updates- running...
  6. Windows Hello Unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Unavailable: Recently, my Windows Hello has stopped working. It now says that all the sign-in options are unavailable and the buttons to reset the PIN, etc are all grey now meaning I can't even click them. I've tried the following solutions:- rebooting my PC- checking for updates- running...
  7. Hello Windows is unavailable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello Windows is unavailable.: Why does my brand new laptop running Windows 11 say that Facial recognition Windows Hello is currently unavailable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-windows-is-unavailable/6cfcb893-13c6-450e-934e-9731a29d004c
  8. Explorer Search Field/Folder Search Field is not working/unavailable

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Search Field/Folder Search Field is not working/unavailable: Hello, I am experiencing a weird issue, my Explorer search field/Folder search field seems not working: 1. When I click on it nothing happens, no blinking cursor appears as it should, to input searching query, nothing. 2. When I use combination Ctrl+F, I can input only 1...
  9. WIndows Explorer Search Unavailable

in Cortana
    WIndows Explorer Search Unavailable: Hello everyone.. I have a problem that really make me frustrated related to Searching in Windows Explorer For more than a month this problem has arisen, I have complained through feedbackhub, but there is no answer that solves the problem note, this *is not CORTANA /...
  10. Icons show as none/unavailable during search

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons show as none/unavailable during search: I have posted this on r/techsupport before but received no response. As written in title, icons for apps and programs are only shown as unavailable (something like a cross) whenever I search them. Before this happened, I was overclocking my CPU + GPU (R5 2400G), and was...