Windows 10: Windows Exporer terminates when I want to add a new folder. Any solution?

Discus and support Windows Exporer terminates when I want to add a new folder. Any solution? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, well I bought 2 x SSD(70% and 5% full), I added more memory(32GB) into my computer. But nevertheless my modern laptop is very slow or even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChristianIsForGreenAndPea, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Windows Exporer terminates when I want to add a new folder. Any solution?

Hello,

well I bought 2 x SSD(70% and 5% full), I added more memory(32GB) into my computer.

But nevertheless my modern laptop is very slow or even Windows Exporer terminates when I add a new folder to the nearly empty SSD!

I can't see any issue at Task Manager: Discs haven't nothing to do, I recognize the fan starts when I add a folder. CPU jumps to 30%...

Any Idea?

:)

ChristianIsForGreenAndPea, Apr 26, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 26, 2019
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Windows Exporer terminates when I want to add a new folder. Any solution?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows Exporer terminates when I want to add a new folder. Any solution?

1. Windows Exporer terminates when I want to add a new folder. Any solution? - Similar Threads - Exporer terminates add

2. I want to add a new folder at the same level as "Quick Access" and "Desktop". However,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to add a new folder at the same level as "Quick Access" and "Desktop". However,...: Earlier today Onedrive changed the structure of my folders in File Explorer. I submitted a help request but I doubt I'll get an answer. As a workaround, I'm trying to recreate the previous structure which made sense and resulted in less wasted time. To do this I want to add...
  3. I want to add a new folder at the same level as "Quick Access" and "Desktop". However,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to add a new folder at the same level as "Quick Access" and "Desktop". However,...: Earlier today Onedrive changed the structure of my folders in File Explorer. I submitted a help request but I doubt I'll get an answer. As a workaround, I'm trying to recreate the previous structure which made sense and resulted in less wasted time. To do this I want to add...
  4. I want to add a new folder at the same level as "Quick Access" and "Desktop". However,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New Computer Windows 11 does not contain any folders and I cannot add any. I want to file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Computer Windows 11 does not contain any folders and I cannot add any. I want to file...: New Computer Windows 11 does not contain any folders and I cannot add any. I want to file documents to My PC/Documents like I did in Windows 10....
  6. New Computer Windows 11 does not contain any folders and I cannot add any. I want to file...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Computer Windows 11 does not contain any folders and I cannot add any. I want to file...: New Computer Windows 11 does not contain any folders and I cannot add any. I want to file documents to My PC/Documents like I did in Windows 10....
  7. The toolbar shows the folder when locked. Any solution?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The toolbar shows the folder when locked. Any solution?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xkdhc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/x2mjwh/the_toolbar_shows_the_folder_when_locked_any/
  8. How to add a New Profile in Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 News
    How to add a New Profile in Windows Terminal: In this article, we will show you how to add a new profile to Windows Terminal. Windows Terminal is a multi-tabbed command-line tool for Windows 10 that lets you run different command line emulators or tools in different tabs. For this, you have to add the tool as a new...
  9. Want To Add Download Folder To Task Bar - It Adds File Explorer When I Drop It

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Want To Add Download Folder To Task Bar - It Adds File Explorer When I Drop It: Hey folks, As the title states. I used to have the direct link to downloads folder with a blue down arrow icon in the bottom left of my taskbar by the start button. I removed it accidentally. Now when I drag it back it adds 'File Explorer' with a folder icon. This isn't what...
  10. Still crashes when sleeping - any new solutions?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Still crashes when sleeping - any new solutions?: I still have not solved the issue of my computer crashing when sleeping, and the original thread is closed. (Windows 10 Home) I should add that when I try to start it after sleeping, merely pressing the power button does not work. I have to hold the power button and...