Windows 10: Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off

Discus and support Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't have a question anymore, but I wanted to post here in case someone else has the same issue. I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 11 with 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jason W5, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Jason W5 Win User

Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off

I don't have a question anymore, but I wanted to post here in case someone else has the same issue. I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 11 with 2 external monitors. For months, the external monitors would blink on and off -- intermittently and I couldn't figure out if I was doing something to cause it. I contacted Lenovo support -- I have a good warranty - they changed the motherboard. The issue came back. They made sure all the drivers were up to date. The issue came back. -- But I think I finally solved it. Quicken was causing the problem. I went to edit/preferences/setup and unchecke

:)

Jason W5, Dec 9, 2022

2. external monitor blinking

huh? i restarted in safe mode to see if external monitor still blinks but external monitor doesnt work in safe mode.

Bill.E.Shears, Dec 9, 2022
  3. Annie120 Win User
    External Monitor blinks and flickers

I have a YOGA 900 connecting to external monitor through c port to HDMI adapter--external monitor screen blinks on and off and flickers. I have tried disconnecting all cables holding power button down for one minute with no change. Is this a setting, a
    windows 10 issue, an adapter issue, or what?

Annie120, Dec 9, 2022
  4. Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off

external monitor blinking

in addition to the sleepy pc blues in my other query, i forgot to mention the random blinking of my external monitor. it is an envision by ADC 1080 p monitor that worked no problem with win 8.1. after updating to win 10 my monitor blinks about every minute
    or so. just goes black for 1 second then comes back on, so far,. i wonder if that and the sleep issue are somehow related?

i have tried the troubleshooters in win 10 with no success. i have tried a couple different refresh rates in display settings as well , no luck.

Bill.E.Shears, Dec 9, 2022
Thema:

Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off

1. Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off - Similar Threads - External Monitor Intermittently

2. Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off: I don't have a question anymore, but I wanted to post here in case someone else has the same issue. I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 11 with 2 external monitors. For months, the external monitors would blink on and off -- intermittently and I couldn't figure out if I...
  3. External Monitors Flicker Off and On

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Monitors Flicker Off and On: Hello, I have three 27" Samsung Curved FHD External Monitors connected to an HP G5 USB-C Docking Station. The laptop I use is an HP Elite Book 830. I read a bunch of forums which stated that you will need to "enable high resolution mode when connected to a usb-c dp alt mode"....
  4. External Monitors Flicker Off and On

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Monitors Flicker Off and On: Hello, I have three 27" Samsung Curved FHD External Monitors connected to an HP G5 USB-C Docking Station. The laptop I use is an HP Elite Book 830. I read a bunch of forums which stated that you will need to "enable high resolution mode when connected to a usb-c dp alt mode"....
  5. External Monitors Flicker Off and On

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. External monitor powers off and on blinks whenever mini app preview windows are shown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External monitor powers off and on blinks whenever mini app preview windows are shown: When I switch apps using alt-tab, or when I try to share a screen using Zoom, my external monitor starts flickering, apparently losing and regaining connection. I'm on an alienware laptop connected to the monitor by HDMI. The issue has been strangely intermittent; for the...
  7. External monitor is turning on and off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External monitor is turning on and off: Hello, today I woke up and the monitor that is connected to my laptop has started flickering on and off when I connect it with my HDMI cord. The monitor itself isn't broken because when I unplug the cord the monitor will stay on fine. This has happened before and I fixed it...
  8. Second Monitor keeps blinking on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor keeps blinking on and off: When I connect my laptop ASUS - windows 10 to a second monitor Dell S2340LC it's working sometimes but after a few minutes or when I maximize a software google chrome on my second monitor it turns off then on then off. It just keeps on turning on and off. What do you think is...
  9. External LG monitor randomly blinking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External LG monitor randomly blinking: Relatively new to Windows 10, having installed it on my MacBook via Bootcamp. Everything is great except one major issue. When I'm using Win10 on my docked, desktop system (MacBook lid closed, LG monitor with peripherals powered by single USB-C) the external monitor...
  10. monitor blinking

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    monitor blinking: Hi guys, since the last two updates to Window 10, have any of you experience what just call Monitor Blinking. Since these last two updates when I go to Edge, the screen and edge will come on then blink, come back on and so forth and will do it the whole time I am searching...