Windows 10: Windows Extreme lag when opening anything

Discus and support Windows Extreme lag when opening anything in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I just formatted my PC and I have this problem that when ever I open something the computer seems overloaded and the mouse is super slow. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Octavian123456789, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Windows Extreme lag when opening anything

Hi,

I just formatted my PC and I have this problem that when ever I open something the computer seems overloaded and the mouse is super slow.

If I open Skype, Chrome or any program, it will become excessively slow.

I tried formatting it and even then the simplest task like opening Display and Settings is doing the exact same thing!

Thank you for any inputs!

:)

Octavian123456789, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Windows Extreme lag when opening anything

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows Extreme lag when opening anything

1. Windows Extreme lag when opening anything - Similar Threads - Extreme lag opening

2. Extreme Lag on Windows Surface Pro 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extreme Lag on Windows Surface Pro 9: Recently I have had extreme slowness and lag on my Surface Pro, and I have tried restarting and shutting down many times, but every time I turn it on again it lags. This did not start happening until a few days ago, and before then has been running fine. I checked my Windows...
  3. Extreme Lag on Windows Surface Pro 9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extreme Lag on Windows Surface Pro 9: Recently I have had extreme slowness and lag on my Surface Pro, and I have tried restarting and shutting down many times, but every time I turn it on again it lags. This did not start happening until a few days ago, and before then has been running fine. I checked my Windows...
  4. PC lagging extremely after crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC lagging extremely after crash: Hello. My laptop crashed while I had a few windows opened and it didn't respond to anything. I did alt+f4, the windows button, etc. But nothing. In the end I had to turn it off with the button. When I turned it on, I opened the apps again, but suddenly they were extremely...
  5. PC lagging extremely after crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC lagging extremely after crash: Hello. My laptop crashed while I had a few windows opened and it didn't respond to anything. I did alt+f4, the windows button, etc. But nothing. In the end I had to turn it off with the button. When I turned it on, I opened the apps again, but suddenly they were extremely...
  6. Extreme keyboard lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extreme keyboard lag: I was just making a video on ROBLOX and in the middle of it, I go to walk in-game and it doesn't respond, so I just try again, it doesn't work. so I mash keys trying to make it work, and it works after TEN. PAINFUL. MINUTES. Did I mention I was recording during this and was...
  7. Extreme lag and animation glitches when pressing windows key tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extreme lag and animation glitches when pressing windows key tab: On my surface book when pressing windows key tab the animation is none existent and takes a second for the menu to open. I know its not a big issue but if Microsoft is advertising their fluent design I feel like I need to mention that they are screwing up something pretty...
  8. Extreme lag on Red Alert 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extreme lag on Red Alert 2: So, I came across an old game that I had played when I was younger. I bought the game but I'm getting frames that are unplayable which is pretty dang sad. I've tried to run it in Compatibility mode & running it in 640x480 with no success. Help is appreciated. 53981
  9. Massive network lag when doing anything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Massive network lag when doing anything: I am having an issue with network lag. When doing any downloads from anywhere or any source. Firefox, palemoon. Display fusion wallpaper, or any downloads that happen online from any source. Not sure what is causing it. When checking resource monitor it shows...
  10. Lag when opening programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag when opening programs: --- revised 2/18/16 --- No further instances of lag (which can also stop macros from completing) since SUPERFETCH was disabled. However, some users report occasional lag despite this measure, and the underlying problem is extant. It appears to have nothing to do with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. extreme lag in windows pressing