Windows 10: Windows factory reset gone wrong

Discus and support Windows factory reset gone wrong in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My laptop hasnt been working very well the last few days and I was told by some friends to factory reset my device after saving all my wanted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by John Danistan, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Windows factory reset gone wrong

Hello, My laptop hasnt been working very well the last few days and I was told by some friends to factory reset my device after saving all my wanted files so i proceeded to do so. After the reset got to 74% it stopped moving up and I waited for a couple of hours. I then searched online what the problem was and I was told to turn it off and turn it back on after half an hour and so I did that and now when I turn it on it says lenovo and keeps restarting until i force shut the laptop down. Please help me with my dilemma. :/

:)

John Danistan, Apr 22, 2021

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Suman_B Win User
    Factory Reset Gone Wrong

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the Make and the Model of the PC?

If your PC won't reset, you can use installation media to do clean install of Windows 10. Go to the
    Microsoft software download website, download the media creation
    tool, and then use it to create installation media on a DVD or USB drive.

Suggest you to refer this Video to Create
    Windows 10 installation DVD/USB flash drive.

This guided walk-through provides steps to Perform
    Clean Install of Windows 10.

Kindly follow the suggested methods to Reset or reinstall Windows

Clean install disclaimer:

Before attempting any of the solutions below, it’s a good idea to back up your personal files. You can
    use File History to back up your files to another drive, or insert a USB drive and
    use File Explorer to drag and copy important files to the USB drive. If you’re signing into Windows with a Microsoft account, your system settings will be automatically restored after updating once you’re connected to the Internet.
    ( Backup and Restore in Windows 10)

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Windows factory reset gone wrong

Factory reset gone wrong Windows factory reset gone wrong :(!

Hi, Zoe

My name is Maritza and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

Try to enter Safe Mode with network function to repair Windows.

Interrupt the normal boot process of your Windows 10 PC

If Windows 10 fails to boot normally three times over, the fourth time it enters by default in an Automatic Repair mode. Using this mode, you can boot into Safe Mode. To trigger the Automatic Repair mode, you must interrupt the normal boot process three consecutive
    times: use the reset or the power button on your Windows 10 PC to stop it during boot, before it finishes loading Windows 10. If you use the power button, you might have to keep it pressed for at least 4 seconds to force the power off

Then you proceed to repair the computer:

With a reset, all of your Installed applications are lost, but you get an option to save your files if you want. If a system image from the OEM exists-called a recovery partition, then it also gives you an option to restore it. It would make your PC load to
    default factory settings.

Navigate to Troubleshooting section, again.

Select Reset.

If you select keep my files, your files would be kept. You might also get the third option-restore to factory settings-which isn’t applicable on the PC.

After selecting the desired options, you are presented with a confirmation, something like this- This indicates what you have chosen.

Click on Reset and the resetting should begin.

Let us know if these steps help you to resolve the issue.

MaritzaCapiro, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows factory reset gone wrong

1. Windows factory reset gone wrong - Similar Threads - factory reset gone

2. factory reset gone bad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    factory reset gone bad: My computer was not allowing me to log in, so I did a factory reset. Its original version was Windows 7, but I had upgraded to the free Windows 10 version. Once I did the factory reset, it went back to Windows 7. Is there a way I can get it back to Windows 10 since I had that...
  3. factory reset gone bad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    factory reset gone bad: My computer was not allowing me to log in, so I did a factory reset. Its original version was Windows 7, but I had upgraded to the free Windows 10 version. Once I did the factory reset, it went back to Windows 7. Is there a way I can get it back to Windows 10 since I had that...
  4. factory reset gone bad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reset gone wrong - Windows 10

Reset gone wrong - Windows 10: Hello, I was resetting my Dell laptop remove everything and download windows 10 from cloud resetIt finished downloading and automatically restarted, now when it was resetting it stuck at 6% for hours till I decided to turn it off through holding the power button and turned it...
  6. Factory reset has gone wrong - my fault?

Factory reset has gone wrong - my fault?: I must admit that I really don't know what I am doing with Windows as I use another o/s. But I bought a new Laptop and thought I would give the old one away, with the installed Windows 10 Home. It would not allow me to reset to original settings because some files were...
  7. Factory Reset Gone Wrong

Factory Reset Gone Wrong: I am having a problem with my computer. I did a factory reset because it was slow and my disk was always high so when I did i fell asleep because i knew it was going to take a little while. When i wake up my computer was turned off and when i turn it on, All i see is the logo...
  8. Factory reset gone wrong :(!

Factory reset gone wrong :(!: Hello! I just reset my computer and wiped EVERYTHING I wanted a brand new one because mine was so slow so instead I just reset everything from the disk, now I don't have a disk or a USB so i'm not sure if I need one? Well every time I log into it, I need a administrator...
  9. Factory Reset Gone Wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory Reset Gone Wrong: I tried to factory reset my computer yesterday. I got stuck on the "Why my PC reset screen". Every time I would click continue and try to connect to my house wifi (which is working fine on every other device), it would load for a while before returning back to the "LEt's...
  10. Reset gone wrong

Reset gone wrong: I was planning on selling my laptop acer aspire e14 windows 10 it froz at 14% for a couple of hours so I turned it off and back on again when I turned it on it came up administrator preparing windows it takes about 15 minutes then a message pops up saying...