Windows 10: Windows factory reset stuck at 10%

Discus and support Windows factory reset stuck at 10% in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am trying to factory reset my pc, but it’s been stuck at 10% for over an hour now. Is this normal? submitted by /u/PrimeDZN [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PrimeDZN, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Windows factory reset stuck at 10%

I am trying to factory reset my pc, but it’s been stuck at 10% for over an hour now. Is this normal?

submitted by /u/PrimeDZN
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PrimeDZN, Feb 28, 2020
  2. Marie Win User

Stuck during factory reset.

So the Factory reset has been stuck at 2% for the last 8 hours.

Marie, Feb 28, 2020
  3. Windows 8.1 & windows 10 : fail to factory reset and stuck in restart

Ztruker's post will get you to Win10, but if I understand the issue you wanted to fix a non-working Asus Win8.1 Factory Reset by upgrading to Win10.

My question is what OS do you want on your system, Win8.1 or Win10.
    There might be a way to access the Asus recovery partition and do a reset from there - I think that can be done, but I would have to research the exact process to provide step-by-step instructions.

If you want to get to Win10 - then I mis-interpreted your post.

There seems to be an underlying issue on your system as far as the Asus Win8.1 Factory Reset issue is concerned.

The question might be moot if you've already started the Win10 Clean install.
    Getting to Win10 is easy, getting back to Win8.1 after a Clean install requires a bit more work (windows.old and possibly the Asus Recovery partition are no longer available).

Slartybart, Feb 28, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

Windows factory reset stuck at 10%

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows factory reset stuck at 10%

1. Windows factory reset stuck at 10% - Similar Threads - factory reset stuck

2. Windows 10 Factory reset stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Factory reset stuck: I started resetting my windows pc from settings not too long ago and it's been stuck on 51% for about an hour and hasnt made any progress, My first thought was to turn it off from the power button but im aware that it may cause issues with the OS which i'm not to keen on ,...
  3. Windows 10 Factory reset stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Factory reset stuck: I started resetting my windows pc from settings not too long ago and it's been stuck on 51% for about an hour and hasnt made any progress, My first thought was to turn it off from the power button but im aware that it may cause issues with the OS which i'm not to keen on ,...
  4. Windows 10 Factory reset stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Factory reset stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset stuck: Hello, I was about to sell my older laptop Lenovo B50-80, so I cleaned it up a bit and hit Factory reset. It did stuck on 59%, than the blue screen of death shown up. Thankfully, than it continued, but it started restarting and it is restarting for 2 days now. What should I...
  6. Factory reset stuck

Factory reset stuck: Hello, I was about to sell my older laptop Lenovo B50-80, so I cleaned it up a bit and hit Factory reset. It did stuck on 59%, than the blue screen of death shown up. Thankfully, than it continued, but it started restarting and it is restarting for 2 days now. What should I...
  7. Stuck on factory reset

Stuck on factory reset: Hello forums, good evening/morning/day. I’ve recently factory reset my pc due to it being slow. Yet its stuck on 77% and hasn't gone up for ages now. Any suggestions or do I just have to wait?...
  8. Windows 10 factory reset stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 factory reset stuck: I am trying to reset my SO‘s PC because it is having massive performance issues that dont seem to make much sense to either of us and it has been stuck on the „Resetting this PC“ screen for about 3 hours now, at 15%. The little Win10 loading circle is still moving so it is...
  9. Factory Reset Stuck at 10%

Factory Reset Stuck at 10%: I started a factory reset on my HP Omen Laptop around 1:45 PM. The laptop has both a 128GB SSD, and a 2TB HDD. It has been stuck at 10% for close to 3 hours now. The HDD indicator is flickering, but rarely blinks fully on and off. Does that mean the HDD has frozen? What...
  10. Windows factory reset stuck

Windows factory reset stuck: Hi. I have decided to fully clear my system and reinstall windows using the refresh function. I started the process 20 hours ago, and it has been stuck at 32% for the last 10 hours. I have a quite powerful gaming laptop so it really surprised me how long it is taking. I...