Windows 10: Windows factory reset stuck at 14%

Discus and support Windows factory reset stuck at 14% in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been using my pc for over 8 months now. Today, all of a sudden, I couldn’t open a single file, application, or browser. I couldn’t even get to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Romandude41, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Windows factory reset stuck at 14%

I have been using my pc for over 8 months now. Today, all of a sudden, I couldn’t open a single file, application, or browser. I couldn’t even get to command prompt or task manager. After restarting my pc multiple times and troubleshooting. I decided to factory reset my pc through windows recovery that was download on a flash drive. It has now been more than 5 hours and the reset has been stuck at 14% for more than 3 hours. I need to get my pc back and running ASAP. What should I do? Btw I also don’t know too much about windows and computers in general so please describe solutions in very simple terms.

submitted by /u/Romandude41
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Romandude41, Apr 20, 2020

2. Factory Reset Stuck at 14%

I am currently factory resetting my laptop and it has been stuck at 14% for 6 hours. The catch is I am unable to take the laptop in to a shop because I leave the country for school in 4 days.

JordynKapis, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Marie Win User
    Stuck during factory reset.

So the Factory reset has been stuck at 2% for the last 8 hours.

Marie, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Windows factory reset stuck at 14%

Windows 8.1 & windows 10 : fail to factory reset and stuck in restart

Ztruker's post will get you to Win10, but if I understand the issue you wanted to fix a non-working Asus Win8.1 Factory Reset by upgrading to Win10.

My question is what OS do you want on your system, Win8.1 or Win10.
    There might be a way to access the Asus recovery partition and do a reset from there - I think that can be done, but I would have to research the exact process to provide step-by-step instructions.

If you want to get to Win10 - then I mis-interpreted your post.

There seems to be an underlying issue on your system as far as the Asus Win8.1 Factory Reset issue is concerned.

The question might be moot if you've already started the Win10 Clean install.
    Getting to Win10 is easy, getting back to Win8.1 after a Clean install requires a bit more work (windows.old and possibly the Asus Recovery partition are no longer available).

Slartybart, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows factory reset stuck at 14%

1. Windows factory reset stuck at 14% - Similar Threads - factory reset stuck

2. Factory reset stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset stuck: Hello, I was about to sell my older laptop Lenovo B50-80, so I cleaned it up a bit and hit Factory reset. It did stuck on 59%, than the blue screen of death shown up. Thankfully, than it continued, but it started restarting and it is restarting for 2 days now. What should I...
  3. Factory reset stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset stuck: Hello, I was about to sell my older laptop Lenovo B50-80, so I cleaned it up a bit and hit Factory reset. It did stuck on 59%, than the blue screen of death shown up. Thankfully, than it continued, but it started restarting and it is restarting for 2 days now. What should I...
  4. Stuck on factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on factory reset: Hello forums, good evening/morning/day. I’ve recently factory reset my pc due to it being slow. Yet its stuck on 77% and hasn't gone up for ages now. Any suggestions or do I just have to wait?...
  5. Stuck on factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on factory reset: Hello forums, good evening/morning/day. I’ve recently factory reset my pc due to it being slow. Yet its stuck on 77% and hasn't gone up for ages now. Any suggestions or do I just have to wait?...
  6. Stuck on factory reset

7. Factory reset stuck at 14%

Factory reset stuck at 14%: Hello. My Desktop-pcself built is stuck in factory reset at 14%. And been so for the last 5h. I am NOT inside windows at all so I can't close anything or restart it. How long should I wait? Is it safe to power off the pc and try to use my USB? Is there a workaround...
  8. Windows 10 reset stuck at 14%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 reset stuck at 14%: Windows factory reset stuck at 14% I have been using my pc for over 8 months now. Today, all of a sudden, I couldn’t open a single file, application, or browser. I couldn’t even get to command prompt or task manager. After restarting my pc multiple times and troubleshooting....
  9. Factory Reset Stuck at 14%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory Reset Stuck at 14%: I am currently factory resetting my laptop and it has been stuck at 14% for 6 hours. The catch is I am unable to take the laptop in to a shop because I leave the country for school in 4 days....
  10. Windows factory reset stuck

Windows factory reset stuck: Hi. I have decided to fully clear my system and reinstall windows using the refresh function. I started the process 20 hours ago, and it has been stuck at 32% for the last 10 hours. I have a quite powerful gaming laptop so it really surprised me how long it is taking. I...