Windows 10: Windows factory reset

Discus and support Windows factory reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I just started a factory reset on my laptop, and I chose the “Fully Clean Drives” option. And after it reached 100%, I’m now currently on a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NickranierChhum, May 22, 2020.

1. Windows factory reset

So, I just started a factory reset on my laptop, and I chose the “Fully Clean Drives” option. And after it reached 100%, I’m now currently on a black screen. And its been 2 hours, so im not sure if this is normal or not. I can still move the cursor, but thats it.

:)

NickranierChhum, May 22, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, May 22, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 22, 2020
  4. Windows factory reset

Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], May 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows factory reset

1. Windows factory reset - Similar Threads - factory reset

2. Pc blank screen during factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc blank screen during factory reset: I had to factory reset my pc due to anti cheat not loading properly for certain games so I scanned and repaired my files with cmd and factory reset and it's been on for since 4am pst and on a blank the entire time. Is that OK or is something wrong...
  3. Pc blank screen during factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc blank screen during factory reset: I had to factory reset my pc due to anti cheat not loading properly for certain games so I scanned and repaired my files with cmd and factory reset and it's been on for since 4am pst and on a blank the entire time. Is that OK or is something wrong...
  4. missing pre-installed apps along with MS STORE in win 10 after a factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing pre-installed apps along with MS STORE in win 10 after a factory reset: the profile corrupted after using this desktop hdd as an external boot media where still I can't access the windows as it cannot be booted from external devices I have tried to resolve this by factory reset the pc. but the older problem solved by giving birth to the current...
  5. missing pre-installed apps along with MS STORE in win 10 after a factory reset

missing pre-installed apps along with MS STORE in win 10 after a factory reset: the profile corrupted after using this desktop hdd as an external boot media where still I can't access the windows as it cannot be booted from external devices I have tried to resolve this by factory reset the pc. but the older problem solved by giving birth to the current...
  6. missing pre-installed apps along with MS STORE in win 10 after a factory reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Laptop Shutdown While Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Shutdown While Factory Reset: My lenovo laptop was originally freezing every few minutes and will shut down, so i tried to do a factory reset to fix the problem. But it froze while resetting and shut down. My laptop is currently stuck in a loop of constantly booting up, flashing a blue screen and shutting...
  8. Laptop Shutdown While Factory Reset

Laptop Shutdown While Factory Reset: My lenovo laptop was originally freezing every few minutes and will shut down, so i tried to do a factory reset to fix the problem. But it froze while resetting and shut down. My laptop is currently stuck in a loop of constantly booting up, flashing a blue screen and shutting...
  9. My HP pavilion laptop keeps shutting down when I'm trying to factory reset....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP pavilion laptop keeps shutting down when I'm trying to factory reset....: When I turn the computer on I see a white box flash for a split second and go away. Ive tried using the repair tool and shuts down or tells me I'm not connected to the Internet which I am, tried making a USB of windows and boot from there install new windows and still shuts...
  10. My HP pavilion laptop keeps shutting down when I'm trying to factory reset....

My HP pavilion laptop keeps shutting down when I'm trying to factory reset....: When I turn the computer on I see a white box flash for a split second and go away. Ive tried using the repair tool and shuts down or tells me I'm not connected to the Internet which I am, tried making a USB of windows and boot from there install new windows and still shuts...