Windows 10: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. -

Discus and support Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. - in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've been experiencing issues with my PC. It turns off randomly while playing games, not while doing other tasks. In some games the system will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DanielPaez2, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. -

Hi, I've been experiencing issues with my PC. It turns off randomly while playing games, not while doing other tasks. In some games the system will completely go black without shutting down; for example: Mouse, Keyboard and Screen will turn off and fans will reduce their speed without stoping, forcing me to restart my pc holding the power button. After logging into windows, Event Viewer will show me these issues.1 Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.Event 29, kernel-Boot2 The system has rebooted without cle

:)

DanielPaez2, Feb 12, 2024
  2. prescient Win User
    prescient, Feb 12, 2024
  3. Failed fast startup

Hi,

I have been facing this issue for a while now. While fast startup is enabled, my laptop has very rarely fast startup, and when checking the events viewer, it would always state the following:

error) Event 29, Kernel boot: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.

(error) Event 6006, EventLog: The previous system shutdown at [xxxx] AM on [yyyy] was unexpected.

(critical) Event 41, Kernel-Power: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event 1101, EventLog: Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0

Then usually 4 or 5 of

Event 10016, DistributedCOM: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

Any idea how to fix this and make fast startup work again?

SilentstormSP, Feb 12, 2024
  4. Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. -

Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4

Fast startup rarely fails giving this error and Kernel-Power 41. What is causing it? Specs below.

Intel Core i7 6800K
    Corsair H110i GT
    Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) 3200MHz CMK16GX4M4C3200C16
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
    Seagate Barracuda 3TB
    Sapphire Radeon R9 270X
    NZXT H440 (Black/Red) 2015 Edition
    EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W

kosamchetoo, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. -

1. Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. - - Similar Threads - failed fast startup

2. Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. -: Hi, I've been experiencing issues with my PC. It turns off randomly while playing games, not while doing other tasks. In some games the system will completely go black without shutting down; for example: Mouse, Keyboard and Screen will turn off and fans will reduce their...
  3. Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. -

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. -: Hi, I've been experiencing issues with my PC. It turns off randomly while playing games, not while doing other tasks. In some games the system will completely go black without shutting down; for example: Mouse, Keyboard and Screen will turn off and fans will reduce their...
  4. Windows Updates may fail if Fast Startup is enabled

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Updates may fail if Fast Startup is enabled: [ATTACH]Fast Startup on Windows 10, as the name suggests, helps you boot your computer back on quickly after you have restarted it. An attribute of the Fast Startup feature is that it could potentially prevent certain updates from installing on your Windows 10 system. In this...
  5. Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup: Why is my option to "Turn on fast startup" greyed out? [ATTACH] Pls Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-startup/4c05238b-43c2-4cc7-abff-f89aaf2795cd
  6. Windows Fast startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Fast startup: HI, My name is Sumiyuru and I have a problem about fast startup feature, By default my computer had the fast startup feature, and it worked fine but one day when I tried to shutdown it only made the screen black and went to lock screen, As I looked into web suggestions it...
  7. Failed fast startup

Failed fast startup: Hi, I have been facing this issue for a while now. While fast startup is enabled, my laptop has very rarely fast startup, and when checking the events viewer, it would always state the following: error) Event 29, Kernel boot: Windows failed fast startup with error status...
  8. Windows failed fast start up with error status 0xC00000D4

Windows failed fast start up with error status 0xC00000D4: Hello. In 5.10.2018 i uninstalled graphic card drivers . Then i made a clean pc shutdown by windows 10 shutdown click. And it closed pc perfectly. Then of course i unplug gpu from slot. But today i boot pc with new GPU ,today is 15.10.2018 and event log reported this:...
  9. Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4: Fast startup rarely fails giving this error and Kernel-Power 41. What is causing it? Specs below. Intel Core i7 6800K Corsair H110i GT Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) 3200MHz CMK16GX4M4C3200C16 Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Seagate Barracuda 3TB...
  10. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: I tend to leave windows 10 mostly at default settings. So I keep fast start up enabled on my desktop. I do have an SSD but it is convenient and shaves a few seconds of reboot i guess. However I want to know whether it relies on a power source? What I mean by this is, is my pc...