Windows 10: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4

Discus and support Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Fast startup rarely fails giving this error and Kernel-Power 41. What is causing it? Specs below. Intel Core i7 6800K Corsair H110i GT Asus ROG... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kosamchetoo, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4

Fast startup rarely fails giving this error and Kernel-Power 41. What is causing it? Specs below.

Intel Core i7 6800K
    Corsair H110i GT
    Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) 3200MHz CMK16GX4M4C3200C16
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
    Seagate Barracuda 3TB
    Sapphire Radeon R9 270X
    NZXT H440 (Black/Red) 2015 Edition
    EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W

:)

kosamchetoo, Oct 4, 2016
  2. auggy Win User

BSOD after sleep.

This is a repetitive error in the Event Viewer that precedes the BSOD:

Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.

Try disabling Fast Startup and see if it helps:

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

auggy, Oct 4, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    Computer (Windows 10) is BSOD everyday ....

The Event Viewer showed at least five different stop errors such as ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY and SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

This may indicate a hardware issue.

There was this error in the Event Viewer:

Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4

Although this error appeared only once I might suggest to try disabling Fast Startup and see if it helps:

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

The memory.dmp file showed involvement of the nvlddmkm.sys in the crash which may indicate an issue with the graphics.

You could try updating the NVIDIA graphic driver to the most recent version.

auggy, Oct 4, 2016
  4. esbo Win User

adding a usb dvbt stick causs that for me on the next boot, then it sorts it self out on subsequent boots, I think also
    a system update also causes it ie, fast boot fails and good slow boot follows.

I have the idea that this is to load the updates into the kernel or whatever.

I am not an expect but then most of the "experts" I see around are useless (no offence intended folks!)

5. esbo Win User
    So after my slow boot due to adding the USB device I just rebooted and it boot a fast 20 seconds or so, kind of what I expected/hoped for.

If I post here again it likely because I had major problems later on lol.

esbo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4 - Similar Threads - failed fast startup

2. Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. -: Hi, I've been experiencing issues with my PC. It turns off randomly while playing games, not while doing other tasks. In some games the system will completely go black without shutting down; for example: Mouse, Keyboard and Screen will turn off and fans will reduce their...
  3. Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. -

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. -: Hi, I've been experiencing issues with my PC. It turns off randomly while playing games, not while doing other tasks. In some games the system will completely go black without shutting down; for example: Mouse, Keyboard and Screen will turn off and fans will reduce their...
  4. Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. -

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Updates may fail if Fast Startup is enabled

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Updates may fail if Fast Startup is enabled: [ATTACH]Fast Startup on Windows 10, as the name suggests, helps you boot your computer back on quickly after you have restarted it. An attribute of the Fast Startup feature is that it could potentially prevent certain updates from installing on your Windows 10 system. In this...
  6. Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup: Why is my option to "Turn on fast startup" greyed out? [ATTACH] Pls Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-startup/4c05238b-43c2-4cc7-abff-f89aaf2795cd
  7. Windows Fast startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Fast startup: HI, My name is Sumiyuru and I have a problem about fast startup feature, By default my computer had the fast startup feature, and it worked fine but one day when I tried to shutdown it only made the screen black and went to lock screen, As I looked into web suggestions it...
  8. Failed fast startup

Failed fast startup: Hi, I have been facing this issue for a while now. While fast startup is enabled, my laptop has very rarely fast startup, and when checking the events viewer, it would always state the following: error) Event 29, Kernel boot: Windows failed fast startup with error status...
  9. Windows failed fast start up with error status 0xC00000D4

Windows failed fast start up with error status 0xC00000D4: Hello. In 5.10.2018 i uninstalled graphic card drivers . Then i made a clean pc shutdown by windows 10 shutdown click. And it closed pc perfectly. Then of course i unplug gpu from slot. But today i boot pc with new GPU ,today is 15.10.2018 and event log reported this:...
  10. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: I tend to leave windows 10 mostly at default settings. So I keep fast start up enabled on my desktop. I do have an SSD but it is convenient and shaves a few seconds of reboot i guess. However I want to know whether it relies on a power source? What I mean by this is, is my pc...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows failed fast startup with error status 0xc00000d4.

2. windows failed fast startup with error status 0xc00000d4

3. 0xc00000d4

4. Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000001.,
  5. windows failed fast startup with error status,
  6. Windows failed fast startup,
  7. fast startup C00000D4,
  8. bluescreen 0xC00000D4,
  9. event id 29 windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000411,
  10. fast startup 0xc0000d4,
  11. Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000411 event id 29,
  12. event id 29 windows failed fast start up,
  13. windows10 18351 エラー,