Windows 10: Windows failed to activate

Discus and support Windows failed to activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hello one and all. I have had my windows for about 2 months now, and ima be honest, I love windows. however in the bottom right corner of my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Andrew_908, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Windows failed to activate

hello one and all.

I have had my windows for about 2 months now, and ima be honest, I love windows.

however in the bottom right corner of my screen it says Windows isn't activated, and I went to settings to try, but it said it failed to activate and it gave me an error code and told me to troubleshoot it.

I ran the troubleshooter but it said nothing was wrong and I can't think of any way of activating it another way.

it says "We can't activate Windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later or go to the store to buy genuine Windows. Error code: 0xC004F025"

can anyone possibly help me with this? I'm sick of that message staying there and I don't know how to activate it otherwise.

:)

Andrew_908, Sep 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 16, 2019
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Windows failed to activate

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows failed to activate

1. Windows failed to activate - Similar Threads - failed activate

2. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.: Hello Everyone,I originally had 2 retail Win8 licences. I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 long time ago.I wasn't able to upgrade my other Windows 8 PC, due to its old CMOS battery.Today I've changed the battery. Upgrade went smoothly, but now Windows thinks that I've changed a...
  3. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.: Hello Everyone,I originally had 2 retail Win8 licences. I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 long time ago.I wasn't able to upgrade my other Windows 8 PC, due to its old CMOS battery.Today I've changed the battery. Upgrade went smoothly, but now Windows thinks that I've changed a...
  4. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop keeps crashing and i keep getting License Activation slui.exe failed with the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps crashing and i keep getting License Activation slui.exe failed with the...: License Activation slui.exe failed with the following error code:hr=0xC004F074Command-line...
  6. Laptop keeps crashing and i keep getting License Activation slui.exe failed with the...

Laptop keeps crashing and i keep getting License Activation slui.exe failed with the...: License Activation slui.exe failed with the following error code:hr=0xC004F074Command-line...
  7. Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system32\UIRibbon.dll".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system32\UIRibbon.dll".: getting this error in event viewer, tried sfc scan, windows defender scan, reinstalling softwares and drivers, it says " Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system32\UIRibbon.dll". Dependent Assembly...
  8. Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system32\UIRibbon.dll".

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system32\UIRibbon.dll".: getting this error in event viewer, tried sfc scan, windows defender scan, reinstalling softwares and drivers, it says " Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system32\UIRibbon.dll". Dependent Assembly...
  9. Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system32\UIRibbon.dll".

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Hi my nvme died and after replacing it and re-installing windows 11 it fails to activate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi my nvme died and after replacing it and re-installing windows 11 it fails to activate.: Hi,So yeah my nvme dies and i replaced it and i also added others ssd to increase my capacity since i was opening the case anyway. I also updated the BIOS of the mb. Everything else is the same. Same mobo, same cpu, same gpu, same psu, ... After re-installing windows 11 to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my dell compter says activiation failed