Windows 10: Windows failed to restart, failed to repair

Discus and support Windows failed to restart, failed to repair in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to update my windows drivers manually, and it required a restart. But after the restart windows failed to open and showed a black repairing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tnv, May 25, 2021.

1. TNV
    Tnv Win User

Windows failed to restart, failed to repair

I tried to update my windows drivers manually, and it required a restart. But after the restart windows failed to open and showed a black repairing logo screen. Then it booted in blue screen and showed some options. I tried to reset it a couple of times, and after that the reset option wasn't available anymore. Then&nb

:)

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 25, 2021
  3. Windows 8 Acer will not factory restart or refresh. Fails automatic repair.

I have a Windows 8 Acer, I was trying to factory reset it. It failed the reset and also failed the automatic repair. It says Log File: C:\system32\logfiles\srt\SrtTrail.txt after failing. I tried the following in command prompt as I've seen it suggested
    and it didn't solve anything.

• bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    • bootrec.exe /fixboot

Ashley Suzuki, May 25, 2021
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, May 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows failed to restart, failed to repair - Similar Threads - failed restart failed

2. Windows Failed to Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Failed to Repair: So i have turned my pc off then the next time i load up it bluescreened then i tried to wait for the automatic repair wich failed then said that log file: WindowsSystem32/log something so then i tried SFC /scannow wich did work but then i rebooted for the changes to apply and...
  3. Windows Failed to Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Failed to Repair: So i have turned my pc off then the next time i load up it bluescreened then i tried to wait for the automatic repair wich failed then said that log file: WindowsSystem32/log something so then i tried SFC /scannow wich did work but then i rebooted for the changes to apply and...
  4. Restart fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart fails: Hey can someone please help me.I was restarting my laptop and suddenly it pops up with windows is getting readyDo not turn off your pcBut after a very long time after an hourIt still remains stuck like that.I forced shut down it and turn it on againAnd it came to desktop.Then...
  5. Windows Update fail / Repair install fail / SFC + DISM fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update fail / Repair install fail / SFC + DISM fail: Hey there - really grateful for this forum's answers over the years but only now becoming a member to submit a puzzle of my own. Thanks for being here! This is a few-day-old new HP Envy x360 with 21H1 19043.1052 which I was getting set up, when it stopped being able to get...
  6. Screen not opening, auto repair failed, re install failed, repeated restarts

Screen not opening, auto repair failed, re install failed, repeated restarts: Hello. So I own a Lenovo IdeaPad S540. I had put it on sleep, and when I came back to work with it, it had shut down. Next when I tried to start it up, it shows the lenovo logo, and then black screen. I googled it and suggestions were to use the auto repair which pops up...
  7. Restart Failing

Restart Failing: Hi all, Over the last two weeks, every time I try to restart my computer it gets stuck on the restarting screen but will not actually restart the computer. It leads me to need to force shutdown my surface pro which is becoming more and more an issue because I now have...
  8. Restart fails

Restart fails: Restart freezes at the splash screen and won't load windows. If I restart again it loads. I have: disabled fast start disabled secure boot reset Windows 10 ran the start up troubleshooter and it did not detect the issue Nothing has fixed this. I can't install update...
  9. Windows Automatic repair fails

Windows Automatic repair fails: My PC has tried to automatically repair itself, but fails. I have tried everything: restore points; exit & continue to Windows 10; turning PC off; troubleshooting advanced options. The only thing I haven't tried is Command Prompt, but I don't know what to type in. Can anybody...
  10. Restart failed

Restart failed: I compleatly rebooted my computer. I saved no files. Once I think the process was done. The screen was blank for two hours. I pressed the power button. And I would see the first screen of my start up and then nothing. It will not turn on. I see one screen as if it were going...