Windows 10: "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000009A"

Discus and support "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000009A" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have the latest version of Windows 10 and decided to add budgie Ubuntu 18.04 on it and after that the hibernation of Windows 10 never resumes from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stickmansamo, Sep 30, 2018.

1. "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000009A"

I have the latest version of Windows 10 and decided to add budgie Ubuntu 18.04 on it and after that the hibernation of Windows 10 never resumes from where I left off. Instead it basically restarts the Windows 10. On Ubuntu I have no issue hibernating or sleeping, and Windows 10 has no issue sleeping but once it hibernates and I try to resume, it doesn't go to where I was. Also Windows 10 has had an abnormally long boot time for some time now which I don't understand because on a previous version of windows 10 (think 1511 or something like that) I had a dual boot with Linux mint and everything was 100% fine. Hibernation and sleep worked well on both OS's and Windows 10 boot up time wasn't excruciatingly slow like it is now. And yes both times Windows 10 Fast startup was disabled, and the stuff req'd to run a dual boot efi system is setup correctly. When I check Windows 10 Event viewer all I see that relates to Hibernation are : "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000009A.", "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.", and "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error is caused because the system stopped responding and the hardware watchdog triggered a system reset".

I don't have a backup drive big enough to back up everything so wiping everything and starting anew isn't really an option right now. I have a 750gb laptop and about ≥ half of it is occupied so i'd like it if I could have a solution that doesn't require doing that.

Thank you in advance.

:)

stickmansamo, Sep 30, 2018
  2. Alex Bee Win User

Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000009A.

Reset my Windows 10 PC and now it can't wake up, throws this - Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000009A.

Windows 10 version is ... how do I get... can't find it. ok, it's not insiders but it has all updates.

So what do I do now? I have to push reset every time after it goes to sleep.

Alex Bee, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Yumeng_W Win User

Hello,

I put my laptop to hibernate last night and turned out that it failed to resume from hibernate. I found this error and also some other errors. I wonder if anyone can help. I have attached error messages from event viewer. Thank you. FYI, I put my laptop
    to sleep around 11:55 pm.

Critical 10/17/2016 9:06:54 AM Kernel-Power
    41 (63)

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Error 10/17/2016 9:07:02 AM EventLog 6008
    None

The previous system shutdown at 12:03:06 AM on ‎10/‎17/‎2016 was unexpected.

Error 10/17/2016 9:06:52 AM Kernel-Boot
    16 None

Error 10/17/2016 12:01:12 AM ESENT 489
    General

SettingSyncHost (9168) An attempt to open the file "C:\Users\Yumeng\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync\remotemetastore\v1\meta.edb" for read only access failed with system error 32 (0x00000020): "The process cannot access the file
    because it is being used by another process. ". The open file operation will fail with error -1032 (0xfffffbf8).

Error 10/17/2016 12:01:02 AM ESENT 489
    General

SettingSyncHost (9168) An attempt to open the file "C:\Users\Yumeng\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync\metastore\meta.edb" for read only access failed with system error 32 (0x00000020): "The process cannot access the file because
    it is being used by another process. ". The open file operation will fail with error -1032 (0xfffffbf8).

Yumeng_W, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Yumeng_W Win User

"Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000009A"

Thank you. I tried and the system passed. Last night i disabled hibernation and put the system to sleep. It worked okay. So it must be something related to hibernation. Weirdly, as i remember, if i put this laptop to hibernate and resume it soon enough,
    it wakes up as expected.

Yumeng_W, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

"Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000009A"

1. "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000009A" - Similar Threads - failed resume hibernate

2. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.: Hi All,From last 5 days I am facing an issue with the system. It doesn't turns on black while turning on from hibernation and after sometime it creates a dump file and then restart itself.based on the windbg analysis of the dump file I get the below analysis:2: kd> !analyze...
  3. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001: Hi everyone.I have recently acquired a new computer and I'm encountering a very annoying issue. Thank you in advance for anyone taking the time trying to help.Specs: Windows 11 x64Intel Core i9 13900KCorsair Water Cooling H170i Elite Capellix BlackCorsair Dominator Platinum -...
  4. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000007B.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000007B.: Some time ago my computer started showing this error every once in a while. Always when this happens, my computer has been in Sleep Mode, and when I check back it's completely turned off. Also in event viewer I get this:-Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot-Event ID 16-Version...
  5. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000007B.

Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000007B.: Some time ago my computer started showing this error every once in a while. Always when this happens, my computer has been in Sleep Mode, and when I check back it's completely turned off. Also in event viewer I get this:-Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot-Event ID 16-Version...
  6. "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.": I keep getting the above message in event viewer, with this occurring before it"The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was changed from demand start to auto start.""The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was...
  7. "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001."

"Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.": I keep getting the above message in event viewer, with this occurring before it"The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was changed from demand start to auto start.""The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was...
  8. "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000000D.

Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000000D.: The McAfee website suggests that this is likely because BitLocker is enabled. It isn't. I do not have McAfee installed.powercfg /h off, hard rebooting and powercfg /h on made no difference. sfc /scannow, nothing.This worked fine until a recent update. That said, a hibernate...
  10. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC00000BB

Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC00000BB: I have gotten this error code several times but I have not figured out what the cause it. Any thoughts> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-failed-to-resume-from-hibernate-with-error/8d8644df-132a-4b30-b164-b4b38f9e9396
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.

2. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000411.

3. pc failing to Resume from hibernation

4. windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xc00000bb.,
  5. wake from hibernate 0xc0000001,
  6. windows failed to resume from hibernate 0xc0000001,
  7. windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xc00000bb,
  8. windows 10 Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000411.,
  9. Windows 7 failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000000D