Windows 10: Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000221.

Discus and support Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000221. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, 2004 build 19041.572 Control Panel -> Power Options: Turn on fast startup - off Sleep - on Hibernate - off Lock - on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by redhonker, Oct 28, 2020.

1. redhonker Win User

Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000221.

Hi,

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, 2004 build 19041.572

Control Panel -> Power Options:

Turn on fast startup - off

Sleep - on

Hibernate - off

Lock - on

I made no major change to the system in the last 1 month. A few days ago, it started to have problem waking from from sleep. The machine appears to awake, based power LED. However, monitor will remain sleep. Moving mouse or keyboard does not help.

Once I power cycle it, the following Error is in Event viewer

The following are information from powercfg. I do have 1 mouse, 1 keyboard, and 1 Window CE Remote.

I don't have hibernate enabled. So why the error is reporting on hibernate?

How do I troubleshoot?

Thanks

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /A
    The following sleep states are available on this system:
    Standby S3
    Hibernate
    Hybrid Sleep

The following sleep states are not available on this system:
    Standby S1
    The system firmware does not support this standby state.

Standby S2

Standby S0 Low Power Idle

Fast Startup
    This action is disabled in the current system policy.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /waketimers
    Timer set by [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume13\Windows\System32\svchost.exe SystemEventsBroker expires at 18:29:30 on 10/28/20.
    Reason: Windows will execute 'NT TASK\2BrightSparks\SyncBackPro\TOM-hh\SyncBackPro Daily' scheduled task that requested waking the computer.

Timer set by [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume13\Program Files\NextPVR\NextPVRServer.exe expires at 8:00:00 on 10/29/20.

Timer set by [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume13\Program Files\NextPVR\NextPVRServer.exe expires at 19:59:03 on 11/1/20.

Timer set by [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume13\Program Files\NextPVR\NextPVRServer.exe expires at 21:19:12 on 11/1/20.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /lastwake
    Wake History Count - 1
    Wake History [0]
    Wake Source Count - 1
    Wake Source [0]
    Type: Device
    Instance Path: USB\ROOT_HUB\4&73433c2&0
    Friendly Name:
    Description: USB Root Hub
    Manufacturer: Standard USB Host Controller

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /devicequery wake_armed
    Microsoft USB Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 Mouse and Keyboard Center
    HID-compliant mouse 001
    HID Keyboard Device 001
    HID-compliant mouse 002

:)

redhonker, Oct 28, 2020

2. Windows failed to resume from hibernate 0xc0000221

I apologize if this is not the correct area for this thread.
    Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000221. [​IMG]
    For some reason my pc is crashing after coming out of hibernation. Im not entirely sure what is triggering it to actually crash, it will happen when browsing the internet most of the time. Anyone have some suggestions for these particular errors its throwing? The first crash today was at 7:50am. I have the entire system log file if anyone is willing to comb over it and give me a bit of help. Thanks!

stlshocker, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001

Hi Tim,

It might be a faulty driver causing Windows to fail to resume from hibernation. Make sure all the drivers of your computer are updated. You can also run the Power troubleshooter to find any issues, see steps below:

• In the search box, type Troubleshooting and press Enter.
    • Under System & security, click on Improve power usage.
    • The troubleshooting wizard will start automatically, and if any issues are detected, it will try to solve them for you.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Alex Bee Win User

Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000009A.

Reset my Windows 10 PC and now it can't wake up, throws this - Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000009A.

Windows 10 version is ... how do I get... can't find it. ok, it's not insiders but it has all updates.

So what do I do now? I have to push reset every time after it goes to sleep.

Alex Bee, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000221. - Similar Threads - failed resume hibernate

2. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001: Hi everyone.I have recently acquired a new computer and I'm encountering a very annoying issue. Thank you in advance for anyone taking the time trying to help.Specs: Windows 11 x64Intel Core i9 13900KCorsair Water Cooling H170i Elite Capellix BlackCorsair Dominator Platinum -...
  3. "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.": I keep getting the above message in event viewer, with this occurring before it"The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was changed from demand start to auto start.""The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was...
  4. "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.": I keep getting the above message in event viewer, with this occurring before it"The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was changed from demand start to auto start.""The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was...
  5. "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000000D.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000000D.: The McAfee website suggests that this is likely because BitLocker is enabled. It isn't. I do not have McAfee installed.powercfg /h off, hard rebooting and powercfg /h on made no difference. sfc /scannow, nothing.This worked fine until a recent update. That said, a hibernate...
  7. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC00000BB

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC00000BB: I have gotten this error code several times but I have not figured out what the cause it. Any thoughts> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-failed-to-resume-from-hibernate-with-error/8d8644df-132a-4b30-b164-b4b38f9e9396
  8. Windows failed to resume from hibernate 0xc0000221

Windows failed to resume from hibernate 0xc0000221: I apologize if this is not the correct area for this thread. [img] For some reason my pc is crashing after coming out of hibernation. Im not entirely sure what is triggering it to actually crash, it will happen when browsing the internet most of the time. Anyone have some...
  9. windows failed to resume from hibernate 0xc0000221

windows failed to resume from hibernate 0xc0000221: For some reason my pc is crashing after coming out of hibernation. Im not entirely sure what is triggering it to actually crash, it will happen when browsing the internet most of the time. Anyone have some suggestions for these particular errors its throwing? The first crash...
  10. windows failed to resume from hibernate 0xc0000221

windows failed to resume from hibernate 0xc0000221: Hello I'm having an issue where everytime my pc comes out of hibernation, it will freeze while doing simple tasks. After restarting I noticed it says windows has encountered a problem and was not shut down properly (due to having to restart it after being flocked up). I have...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001 windows 11 msi stealth gs66