Windows 10: Windows failed to start. status: 0xc0000225

Discus and support Windows failed to start. status: 0xc0000225 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, i have a big issue... I bought new computer component(motherboard, ram, cpu) I have installed Windows 7 home premium on my harddrive and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SindreGustavsen, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Windows failed to start. status: 0xc0000225

Hello, i have a big issue... I bought new computer component(motherboard, ram, cpu) I have installed Windows 7 home premium on my harddrive and i wanted to install windows 10 pro for my new build. When i enter bios i boot from the usb drive with windows 10 on. i get to choose between windows 10 (64bit) and windows 10 (32bit) And it starts to download then i get this message up.

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change mght be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. insert your windows installation disc and restart you computer.

2. Choose your language settings, and then click next

3. Click repair you computer

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: /windows/system32/booot/winload.exe

info: the application or operating system couldnt be loaded beacuse a required file is missing or contains errors.

My first issue is that i can't choose '' repair your computer'' beacuse i never get that option. it only goes from the site i can choose between the two windows types to the message. Does anoyne have any solutions?

:)

SindreGustavsen, Jul 14, 2018

2. error code 0xc0000225

Hi Marie,

The error code 0xc0000225 is booting error that usually happens when the Booting Configuration Data (BCD) is missing or corrupted. We suggest that you perform an
    Automatic Repair by following the steps listed in Jenith_James's reply on May
    8, 2016 and check if it resolves your concern.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 14, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Homeless Win User

Windows failed to start. status: 0xc0000225

0xc0000225 boot error

For some odd reason when I turned on my computer today, I was greeted with the error 0xc0000225 stating that my NLS files were corrupt/missing. I am Running Vista x64 and so far have tried the following:

Replace NLS files
    Windows repair utility
    Restored an old working registry backup
    Tried booting with different ram configurations
    Created new BCD / Boot
    Chkdsk

Google suggests something about apci, but my gigabyte ud3p doesn't have such an option (already vista compatible) and it seems to only occur to people who are initially installing and not people who already have a working copy.

Homeless, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows failed to start. status: 0xc0000225

1. Windows failed to start. status: 0xc0000225 - Similar Threads - failed start status

2. WINDOWS 7 failed to start .Status: Oxc0000225

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 7 failed to start .Status: Oxc0000225: Hi we have an HP mini 5101 . It's used for vehicle diagnostics occasionally and nothing else. Someone has fiddled with it and we now get this message. The back up USB has vanished out of the bag , so I can't even use that . Can anyone offer any advice ?This is the full error...
  3. WINDOWS 7 failed to start .Status: Oxc0000225

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 7 failed to start .Status: Oxc0000225: Hi we have an HP mini 5101 . It's used for vehicle diagnostics occasionally and nothing else. Someone has fiddled with it and we now get this message. The back up USB has vanished out of the bag , so I can't even use that . Can anyone offer any advice ?This is the full error...
  4. Windows failed to start, status: 0xc000000e

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows failed to start, status: 0xc000000e: I'm working on my MIL's laptop. This is an older laptop that we gave her last year, and she rarely uses it so there shouldn't be any major problems with it. It's an HP G60-630US with 3G of RAM and a new Samsung SSD. It originally came with Windows 7, but we upgraded it to...
  5. Windows 10 Won't Start Error 0xc0000225

Windows 10 Won't Start Error 0xc0000225: Hi! My Windows 10 desktop pc won't boot. Steps that created the issue: I clicked the scan my disk in the notifications and it says to restart my pc. After scanning on startup, the error popup saying it can't start, so it tries to automatic repair, but no luck. The error...
  6. 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    0xc0000225: Не запускается Windows 10. Код ошибки: 0xc0000225. Восстановление с флешки не помогло. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0xc0000225/fb7fb37a-14c8-4ee3-8573-36de71e9946c
  7. your pc couldn't start properly 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    your pc couldn't start properly 0xc0000225: I need help with this error. I have the installation media on a USB device but cant get to the boot screen. never gives me a prompt to load the usb device. My computer keeps loading me to the blue screen with Recovery: your pc couldn't start properly 0xc0000225. i have a...
  8. Error code: 0xc000000f: critical service failed and 0xc0000225

Error code: 0xc000000f: critical service failed and 0xc0000225: Hi, I am using an old Windows 10 computer, about 5-7 years old(can't remember) that started showing a blue screen of death and the error message CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED a ago. After a few boots, it showed the screen with the options "Press F1 to enter Recovery...
  9. Windows Boot Manager EFI\Microsoft\boot\bcd status 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Boot Manager EFI\Microsoft\boot\bcd status 0xc0000225: Hello all I am currently having trouble booting into windows 10.I have tried to do a automatic repair from the media creation tool, troubleshoot using command prompt. I have tried using diskpart but nothing works, i dont know if i missing something please help....
  10. Windows Failed to start Status: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Failed to start Status: 0xc000000f: When I boot into win 10 I get a black screen that says: Windows Failed to start Status: 0xc000000f When I boot to a Win 10 Install disk I select: English, next Repair your computer Troubleshoot Advanced options Startup Repair It says it's Diagnosing problems...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000225.

2. start status 0xc0000225 vmware

3. windows failed to start status : 0xc0000225

4. status: Oxc0000225 in windows event logs,
  5. windows boot manager status 0xc0000225,
  6. windows failed fast startup 0xc0000225