Windows 10: Windows Failing to Login

Discus and support Windows Failing to Login in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, I came home from class today and tried to boot up my computer which I never shut down, so that was weird and instead of bringing me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexMohr1, Jan 21, 2021.

1. AlexMohr1 Win User

Windows Failing to Login

Hello all,

I came home from class today and tried to boot up my computer which I never shut down, so that was weird and instead of bringing me to the normal login screen, a command prompt appeared asking me to log in that way instead. I understand that this means I have console login enabled, but it says there is an error when I try to log in, and I cannot access my settings in Windows to change it because of this.

I find this very strange because I was playing video games just fine last night, and today nothing seems to be working. I tried running the file checker and it says that it is unable to proceed after verification. I try to do the startup repair and it gives me a similar error. I have even tried resetting the PC and it says that it ran into an error. I have looked on every forum and tried every repair option I could and it has yielded no results.

I am in the process of downloading Windows 10 onto a USB via my roommate's laptop and repair it that way, but if that doesn't work, what else should I try to do?

:)

AlexMohr1, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Windows Failing to Login

Metro 2033 fails to work on windows 10!

I don't recall you mentioning any trouble shooting steps attempted though. At the very least, doing a quick search and checking threads like this very well may have solved it for you. It's listed as compatible on MS' list of games that work with W10 for a reason, because many if not most are able to get it running on W10. At least some level of workaround may be required, but some got it running without doing anything.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/7670/discussions/0/541907867762253418/

Frag Maniac, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows Failing to Login

1. Windows Failing to Login - Similar Threads - Failing Login

2. windows 11 roaming profile failed to login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 roaming profile failed to login: I built 2 new Windows 11 PCs and when a user tried to login using a roaming profile, the login screen spends 10-15 minutes with the spinning circle and the word 'Welcome' beneath. Then is goes to 'Preparing Windows' for another minute or 2, then logs into a blank account now...
  3. windows 11 roaming profile failed to login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 roaming profile failed to login: I built 2 new Windows 11 PCs and when a user tried to login using a roaming profile, the login screen spends 10-15 minutes with the spinning circle and the word 'Welcome' beneath. Then is goes to 'Preparing Windows' for another minute or 2, then logs into a blank account now...
  4. Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?: We are using an IDS solution which frequently triggers multiple access denied and unsuccessful login alerts over the port 445. We took a network capture and identified the multiple failed login and access denied instances were present in the logs.However, there were no failed...
  5. Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?: We are using an IDS solution which frequently triggers multiple access denied and unsuccessful login alerts over the port 445. We took a network capture and identified the multiple failed login and access denied instances were present in the logs.However, there were no failed...
  6. Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?

7. W11 22631.3235 version- Failed to preload startup program before user login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 22631.3235 version- Failed to preload startup program before user login: Dear all,I found that after upgraded to latest version 22631.3235 , my PC no longer preload all startup programs before user login.Before update my PC was able to load all startup program before i login user, Hence, once i login , all the start up program all ready. After...
  8. W11 22631.3235 version- Failed to preload startup program before user login

W11 22631.3235 version- Failed to preload startup program before user login: Dear all,I found that after upgraded to latest version 22631.3235 , my PC no longer preload all startup programs before user login.Before update my PC was able to load all startup program before i login user, Hence, once i login , all the start up program all ready. After...
  9. stop windows 11 failed samba login at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop windows 11 failed samba login at startup: I recently setup a new PC with Windows 11. I have a NAS and mapped network shares using the my NAS credentials without an issue. The problem is that Windows 11 insists on trying to login to the NAS on startup using my Microsoft credentials which, of course, fails. Any idea...
  10. stop windows 11 failed samba login at startup

stop windows 11 failed samba login at startup: I recently setup a new PC with Windows 11. I have a NAS and mapped network shares using the my NAS credentials without an issue. The problem is that Windows 11 insists on trying to login to the NAS on startup using my Microsoft credentials which, of course, fails. Any idea...