Windows 10: Windows Failover Clustering - SQL Server - Latency on Connection

Discus and support Windows Failover Clustering - SQL Server - Latency on Connection in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,We've just set up a two-node Windows Failover cluster WFSC on Windows Server 2019 across AWS regions Oregon and Ohio using Sios DataKeeper to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by H. Williams, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Windows Failover Clustering - SQL Server - Latency on Connection

Hello,We've just set up a two-node Windows Failover cluster WFSC on Windows Server 2019 across AWS regions Oregon and Ohio using Sios DataKeeper to replicate the files. We installed two SQL 2017 instances on the cluster. We adjusted the heartbeat settings to be more forgiving of a multi-subnet config with 2 seconds instead of 1 on the cross-subnet settings. We run 4 other clusters across AWS Availability Zones AZ with no problems, this is our first cross-region cluster.There were no issues during setup. The two roles can easily move between the two hosts with no hesitation or error

:)

H. Williams, Mar 30, 2022
  2. Brian-W Win User

Issues with report server setup during Install of MBAM using a SQL failover cluster

I'm trying to setup MBAM 2.5SP1 on Server 2016 using a SQL 2016 on a Failover Cluster (but not using AO).

The initial database configuration went smooth, but setting up the next step (Reports) is causing an issue because it cannot find the instance of the report server.

"Unable to find an instance of the Reporting Services.

That said, I realize that the report server is not supported with the failover cluster, but is there a way to point the Report feature to another SQL server or a server that has the reporting services (ie: one of the Failover cluster nodes) instead of auto-detecting
    the SQL failover cluster name/IP?

I'm trying to avoid having a SQL server just for MBAM if I can avoid it (for cost and manageability reasons).

Brian-W, Mar 30, 2022
  3. Implementation of SQL cluster setup in windows server 2016

Hi

Please guide me Implementation of SQL cluster setup in windows server 2016 in Virtual environment.

1. Node A & B VM created in same configuration

2. Failover clustering installed in both servers VM

I'm getting error in the time of validation (Storage & network)

Thanks & Regards

Kirubhakaran S

Kirubhakaran3, Mar 30, 2022
  4. ishaq_mca Win User

Windows Failover Clustering - SQL Server - Latency on Connection

windows server 2016 essentials - Failover clustering not detecting

Hi Friends,

I want to make a 2 node cluster, i have already installed failover clustering feature on both the nodes through server manager.

But when i try to create a cluster, it gives me an error : " the server "node01" does not have failover feature installed. Please use server manager to install this feature"

But feature is already installed.

Can somebody help me with this error. How can i fix it.

Its urgent for me.

Regards

ishaq_mca, Mar 30, 2022
Thema:

Windows Failover Clustering - SQL Server - Latency on Connection

1. Windows Failover Clustering - SQL Server - Latency on Connection - Similar Threads - Failover Clustering SQL

2. Failover Cluster Storage Replication

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Failover Cluster Storage Replication: We have a Windows failover cluster containing a shared disk assigned to a Role and want to set up replication from it.We tried removing the disk from the cluster to use DFS Replication, however we lose access to the network shares of the disk even once they are recreated with...
  3. Windows Cluster Failover Issue Windows Server 2008 R2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Cluster Failover Issue Windows Server 2008 R2: Issue = Windows Clustering Failover IssueOS = Windows Server 2008 R2Application = SAPDatabase = Oracle 11gDear Experts,There are two nodes of our SAP Application, and we have implement clustering on our drives, if Node 1 is unavailable then drives automatically move to Node 2...
  4. Windows Cluster Failover Issue Windows Server 2008 R2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Cluster Failover Issue Windows Server 2008 R2: Issue = Windows Clustering Failover IssueOS = Windows Server 2008 R2Application = SAPDatabase = Oracle 11gDear Experts,There are two nodes of our SAP Application, and we have implement clustering on our drives, if Node 1 is unavailable then drives automatically move to Node 2...
  5. Failover Cluster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failover Cluster: DearsWe upgraded our environment from Windows Server 2012 R2 into Windows 2019 Everything seems to work normally except for Windows Failover Cluster ServiceThe service is not able to run at all with the event id1090We removed the failover cluster feature and re-add it again;...
  6. Failover Cluster

Failover Cluster: DearsWe upgraded our environment from Windows Server 2012 R2 into Windows 2019 Everything seems to work normally except for Windows Failover Cluster ServiceThe service is not able to run at all with the event id1090We removed the failover cluster feature and re-add it again;...
  7. Failover Cluster VM did not migrated to another HyperV cluster host server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failover Cluster VM did not migrated to another HyperV cluster host server: Hi All,I am having issues a few times that one of the failover Cluster HyperV host server01 got one physical network port disconnected don't know how as the switch was showing connecting and up and all VMs on that Host server got down. we have four network ports teaming...
  8. Failover Cluster VM did not migrated to another HyperV cluster host server

Failover Cluster VM did not migrated to another HyperV cluster host server: Hi All,I am having issues a few times that one of the failover Cluster HyperV host server01 got one physical network port disconnected don't know how as the switch was showing connecting and up and all VMs on that Host server got down. we have four network ports teaming...
  9. Windows Failover Clustering - SQL Server - Latency on Connection

Windows Failover Clustering - SQL Server - Latency on Connection: Hello,We've just set up a two-node Windows Failover cluster WFSC on Windows Server 2019 across AWS regions Oregon and Ohio using Sios DataKeeper to replicate the files. We installed two SQL 2017 instances on the cluster. We adjusted the heartbeat settings to be more forgiving...
  10. Issues with report server setup during Install of MBAM using a SQL failover cluster

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues with report server setup during Install of MBAM using a SQL failover cluster: I'm trying to setup MBAM 2.5SP1 on Server 2016 using a SQL 2016 on a Failover Cluster but not using AO. The initial database configuration went smooth, but setting up the next step Reports is causing an issue because it cannot find the instance of the report server....