Windows 10: Windows fails to activate after hardware change with digital license.

Discus and support Windows fails to activate after hardware change with digital license. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop and it had windows 11 home pre-installed. My previous PC had windows 10 pro. I tried resetting it but it kept installing windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kulsgam, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Kulsgam Win User

Windows fails to activate after hardware change with digital license.

I bought a new laptop and it had windows 11 home pre-installed. My previous PC had windows 10 pro. I tried resetting it but it kept installing windows 11 home. Then I deactivated the key using `slmgr /upk` and then tried a generic windows 10 pro key, and it worked. It upgraded to windows 11 pro. However, when I reset my laptop again, this same method didn't work. When I did the same steps. It gave me this error message. This can't be the case because when I log onto my PC, it says that windows 10 pro is activated with a digital license linked to my microsoft account. When I clicked on troubles

:)

Kulsgam, Jan 26, 2023

2. Windows Activation after Hardware Change for digital license

Hi,

I bought a digital license in February 2018. After I changed my hardware once, a year ago, i've never managed to reactivate my license on this hardware. Maybe I did something wrong myself. I paid the 280 Swiss Francs for a digital license, because I know
    I change hardware often, I dont understand why it is such a struggle to activate windows again. I dont have the key available, but my order is in my history and in my mail.

Please help me reactivate my license.

with kind regards,

Kees Fluitman

KeesFluitman, Jan 26, 2023
  3. Digital license won't reactivate on new hardware (motherboard, cpu ram)

Hello,

I have a digital license of Windows 10 that is linked to my Windows account. I've just replaced my motherboard, cpu and ram and whenever I attempt to reactivate my license the activation troubleshoot says "Unable to activate Windows, We can't reactivate Windows
    on this device, Try again later.

Prior to changing my hardware I double checked my digital license, The activation said "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account"

If I run 'winver' It also lists the produced is licensed to my Microsoft account.

According to this article below, All I should have to do is goto the activation troubleshooter and everything should work.

Article Link: Reactivating Windows after a hardware change - Microsoft Support

What are my next steps?

Thanks.

JonathanTC92, Jan 26, 2023
  4. Windows fails to activate after hardware change with digital license.

Windows 10 digital license re-activation after HW change

Hi guys

I have a digital license of Windows 10, and needed to change the motherboard.

I linked my digital license to my Microsoft account, swapped the HW, booted my PC, and tried to re-activate Windows.

Just like it says here Reactivating Windows after a hardware change (microsoft.com)

Troubleshooting step ended up with the following:

That's the first time I change HW, and trying to re-activate my digital license.

What happened? How can I activate Windows then?

-

Mikhail

MikhailIvanov3, Jan 26, 2023
Thema:

Windows fails to activate after hardware change with digital license.

1. Windows fails to activate after hardware change with digital license. - Similar Threads - fails activate hardware

2. Unable to activate windows digital license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate windows digital license after hardware change: Before changing my Motherboard and CPU for newer models I made sure to check that my Microsoft account was linked to my digital license of Windows 10 Home Edition, which it was, then after installing the new Motherboard and CPU I signed in with the same Microsoft account...
  3. Unable to activate windows digital license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate windows digital license after hardware change: Before changing my Motherboard and CPU for newer models I made sure to check that my Microsoft account was linked to my digital license of Windows 10 Home Edition, which it was, then after installing the new Motherboard and CPU I signed in with the same Microsoft account...
  4. Unable to activate windows digital license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Activation error 0x803FABBA - Digital license not activating after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Activation error 0x803FABBA - Digital license not activating after hardware change: Hi There, Really looking for support on this. After a motherboard failure I had to change the mobo and then I reinstalled windows due to multiple blue screen crashes. I have a digital license I purchased directly from Microsoft and can see it in my account. Activation...
  6. Windows fails to activate after hardware change with digital license.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows fails to activate after hardware change with digital license.: I bought a new laptop and it had windows 11 home pre-installed. My previous PC had windows 10 pro. I tried resetting it but it kept installing windows 11 home. Then I deactivated the key using `slmgr /upk` and then tried a generic windows 10 pro key, and it worked. It...
  7. Windows Activation after Hardware Change for digital license

Windows Activation after Hardware Change for digital license: Hi, I bought a digital license in February 2018. After I changed my hardware once, a year ago, i've never managed to reactivate my license on this hardware. Maybe I did something wrong myself. I paid the 280 Swiss Francs for a digital license, because I know I change...
  8. Hardware change. Windows activation digital license.

Hardware change. Windows activation digital license.: Basics, my Hard drive died and I had to do a fresh install of Windows, signed in with my Mircosoft account but windows won't activate. Tried the 'Assistant' gave me a call back option, Talk to an Agent "There was an error connecting you. Feel free to ask another question or...
  9. Windows activation after hardware change with a digital license

Windows activation after hardware change with a digital license: I recently upgraded my CPU and motherboard and cannot activate Windows. Before this upgrade my digital license was linked to my Microsoft account. I am logged in to my Microsoft account right now, but the troubleshooter is "Unable to activate Windows" when I select my current...
  10. Windows Digital License after a change of hardware

Windows Digital License after a change of hardware: Hello! Today i built a new PC where i basicly scrapped everything but my old SSD. To make sure i could use the same windows in the new build, i connected my windows license to my new account. Now in the new build i can't activate my windows account. When i troubleshoot the...